eWheels no longer carrying Glide 2/V5F?

AtlasP

I just noticed on eWheels.com that the Glide 2/V5F has gone from "out of stock" to being removed from their main "Shop" page entirely. And if you manually go to the old URL (https://ewheels.com/product/inmotion-v5f/) it still says "Out of stock"/"Sold out" without their usual estimate for reacquiring stock, and instead recommends riders to consider the $300-more-expensive KS14D.

I know the V5F is well-below most enthusiasts here caring about it too much (myself included), but I still considered it a better recommendation for someone's kid or something than the IPS a130 eWheels still carries or the Ninebot One S1/S2 (with no handle) some people still recommend as a learner.

Anyone know anything about why this is or if the removal has any greater significance?

Edit: to be clear, I know it's still available elsewhere including from InMotion USA, I just thought the removal from such a prominent etailer was a little weird and worth asking about/seeing if anyone knew anything or if there was any wild speculation to be had. ;-)

Edited by AtlasP

they had a whole bunch of stock.. so much that it was discounted and included a free cover.. now its all sold out, thats all there is to it haha.. there is rumors of an upgraded v5 and v8 so perhaps just waiting for that, or perhaps just not enough interest/not profitable

I hope it won’t disappear, the v5 don’t have enough range to be very useful, same for ks14m, the S2 is gorgeous but impractical, ks14d expensive..

5 minutes ago, Mimolette said:

I hope it won’t disappear, the v5 don’t have enough range to be very useful, same for ks14m, the S2 is gorgeous but impractical, ks14d expensive..

there is tons of places to buy the v5f and v5f+ still.. i agree the v5 and ks14m are useless.. just a waste of money if you ask me enough battery to get you to the corner store and back maybe lol

11 minutes ago, eucbuff said:

Useless? The best wheel to learn tricks. 

for 30 minutes at a time :P

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A very optimistic interpretation: the rumored V5 upgrade/refresh is near.

I had heard (and InMotion had confirmed) the rumors about a V8 refresh, but I hadn't heard anything about a V5 refresh (nor did InMotion say anything about it when they confirmed the V8 refresh).

Just now, AtlasP said:

I had heard (and InMotion had confirmed) the rumors about a V8 refresh, but I hadn't heard anything about a V5 refresh (nor did InMotion say anything about it when they confirmed the V8 refresh).

just rumors at this point... one would think it only logical that they would.. 14 inchers are still very popular in some markets

15 hours ago, Rywokast said:

they had a whole bunch of stock.. so much that it was discounted and included a free cover.. now its all sold out, thats all there is to it haha.. there is rumors of an upgraded v5 and v8 so perhaps just waiting for that, or perhaps just not enough interest/not profitable

At least some of this sounds like pure rubbish.

• The eWheels V5F stock had been running low for quite a while, absolutely no sign of "a whole bunch of stock" (of the V5F specifically--unless you just meant of all wheels, which I guess is a possibility).
  • The eWheels price for the V5F was not discounted and was identical to InMotion USA for quite a while. (Unlike the V10/V10F which is decidedly cheaper on eWheels than on InMotion USA.)
  • eWheels includes the free covers for all InMotion wheels.

If you think it's a tiny, underpowered wheel just say that. Why invent what appears to be a fabricated narrative about it instead? I don't understand why people do this.

Edited by AtlasP

On 7/20/2019 at 12:56 AM, AtlasP said:

At least some of this is pure rubbish. The V5F was not discounted on eWheels--the eWheels price for the V5F was identical to InMotion USA. (Unlike the V10/V10F which is decidedly cheaper on eWheels than on InMotion USA.) And eWheels includes the free cover for all InMotion wheels.

yea the price is identical at inmotion usa NOW... not when i bought it.. when i bought it was 200 dollars cheaper than inmotion usa, was 750.00 from inmotion.. otherwise i would have bought it from inmotion direct as they have a canadian site/warehouse and i wouldnt have to pay for shipping or duty... just like right now ewheels has the v8 for 100.00 off (899 on ewheels, 999 on inmotion) and the v10f for 200.00 off (1599 on ewheels, 1799 on inmotion).. you think jason was just lying? heres a screenshot showing the original price of 750 for the V5F from ewheels, matching inmotion usa price at the time

Edited by Rywokast

Jason created a topic a while ago about having too many EUC options and wanted to know what people valued most.. the majority was battery capacity then motor power.. I'm just guessing, I can't know because I'm not him that he just sold the remaining v5f stock and is going to be keeping the ks14d as the main entry level wheel instead of it and the v5f.. otherwise he wouldn't say "consider the 14d instead" he would say new stock arriving whenever, I'm assuming it won't be coming back but you can always just email him and ask

Edited by Rywokast

I think we're saying the same thing re: eWheels vs InMotion USA pricing--i.e. eWheels often has less markup than InMotion USA. My point was just they do this for most InMotion wheels, not at all specific to the V5F's, and in fact for at least the past 6+ months (IIRC) the V5F was the *only* InMotion wheel where this *wasn't* the case/that was actually priced the same on both sites. Which means it sounds like they were having no problem selling what they had, or else you would expect them to price more aggressively during those last 6+ months (versus just in its earlier days) like they already do for all other InMotion wheels.

Jason created a topic a while ago about having too many EUC options and wanted to know what people valued most.. the majority was battery capacity then motor power.. I'm just guessing, I can't know because I'm not him that he just sold the remaining v5f stock and is going to be keeping the ks14d as the main entry level wheel instead of it and the v5f..

This makes sense overall, although I would've gotten rid of the IPS a130 before the V5F myself. (At least when it comes to strength of the lineup. Obviously it could come down to a range of other things like the price they get them for/amount they can make per wheel, relative difficulty of dealing with manufacturers, etc. I guess it was exactly these types of things and my curiosity about them which is why I created the thread in the first place, but so far no-one has had any inside info on these things.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

I loved riding the IM V5F. An extremely reliable wheel especially for those who don’t require a distance longer than 20 miles. I actually thought about buying my grandson one as a reasonably price upgrade from his Ninebot 1E+. 

Edit: I owned the V5F+ version. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I think we're saying the same thing re: eWheels vs InMotion USA pricing--i.e. eWheels often has less markup than InMotion USA. My point was just they do this for most InMotion wheels, not at all specific to the V5F's, and in fact for at least the past 6+ months (IIRC) the V5F was the *only* InMotion wheel where this *wasn't* the case/that was actually priced the same on both sites. Which means it sounds like they were having no problem selling what they had, or else you would expect them to price more aggressively during those last 6+ months (versus just in its earlier days) like they already do for all other InMotion wheels.

Jason created a topic a while ago about having too many EUC options and wanted to know what people valued most.. the majority was battery capacity then motor power.. I'm just guessing, I can't know because I'm not him that he just sold the remaining v5f stock and is going to be keeping the ks14d as the main entry level wheel instead of it and the v5f..

This makes sense overall, although I would've gotten rid of the IPS a130 before the V5F myself. (At least when it comes to strength of the lineup. Obviously it could come down to a range of other things like the price they get them for/amount they can make per wheel, relative difficulty of dealing with manufacturers, etc. I guess it was exactly these types of things and my curiosity about them which is why I created the thread in the first place, but so far no-one has had any inside info on these things.)

yes I would have got rid of the IPS as well, it's a piece of garbage lol.. maybe it's just not as profitable idk I also think the v5f is a great wheel better as a starter wheel as 550 is a lot easier to swallow if you don't like it and even if you do really like EUCs is a good secondary wheel due to its compactness, but perhaps the weak motor that's easy to overlean makes it less safe so it didn't make the cut for 2019?

wasn't it Jason who urged them to switch to the higher capacity batteries to get the base version v5f from 288 wh to 320 wh? im not entirely sure on that but inmotion does not actually list the battery for some reason just says "range 25 miles" which is absolute bullshit.. perhaps they are selling the cheaper version and didn't want to produce the 320 wh version? I know he was the one who commissioned the v5f+ 480 wh which they aren't making anymore perhaps their refusal to produce that version tipped him towards just having the 14d instead... all just totally guessing at this point lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rywokast said:

wasn't it Jason who urged them to switch to the higher capacity batteries to get the base version v5f from 288 wh to 320 wh? 

Actually Jason had the V5F modified with 480Wh packs and called it the V5F+. That was the wheel I owned. It was rated to travel 30 miles on flat ground carrying a 150 lb rider where the V5F’s distance was only rated at 20 miles. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1