Pedal angle MSX

HippoPig

My MSX arrives soon-ish, and I’m looking at pedal calibration settings.

i ride my V5F at 3deg forward. With a got way must I calibrate the wheel to this angle manually as I’ve seen in the videos?

Additionally - what angle do people ride their MSX at? I’ve not seen much on the forum.

Thanks.

You can calibrate it at any angle you want, I run zero degrees flat. I would just calibrate it at an extreme angle to make sure you're doing it correctly then recalibrate at the angle you want piece of cake.

Coming from a Ninebot One E+:
I started with the default which was a rather aggressive forward tilt. I then changed it to 3 degrees forward tilt and used the soft mode.
Now I ride at zero degrees and I use the hard/stiff mode. I now have difficulty with the soft mode as it makes the wheel shift when I am the one who wants to do the shifting. The stiff mode makes it 100% predictable for me but it was physically more tiring in the beginning and I had trouble starting and stopping. Now the soft mode makes me feel a bit uneasy and worried. :roflmao:

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:58 PM, who_the said:

I ride 8 degrees forward on my MSX and love it. 

For real? 8 degrees? How? Lol. Do you have spikes in your pedals or are you just constantly going so fast you're glued to em? And how does stopping work? Lol. 

I was actually curious about the MSX. Does that aggressive tilt (the angle towards the body of the wheel) help you stay on the pedals? I know on my kingsong its pretty close to flat. 

I ride at 2.5 degrees forward, using medium mode.

7 minutes ago, seage said:

I was actually curious about the MSX. Does that aggressive tilt (the angle towards the body of the wheel) help you stay on the pedals? I know on my kingsong its pretty close to flat. 

Yes, it does give the feeling of being glued in at turns and twists. But the original angle is so steep that shoes with a thick sole (fe. running shoes) makes your feet lean towards the sidewall of the shoe. This ruins the feeling of being planted in (and perhaps even the posture of the shoe itself), which is why I filed down the pedals a bit, to a more normal 11 degree dihedral angle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I ride at 2.5 degrees forward, using medium mode.

Yes, it does give the feeling of being glued in at turns and twists. But the original angle is so steep that shoes with a thick sole (fe. running shoes) makes your feet lean towards the sidewall of the shoe. This ruins the feeling of being planted in (and perhaps even the posture of the shoe itself), which is why I filed down the pedals a bit, to a more normal 11 degree dihedral angle.

11 degrees is still pretty huge. I've put some card under my pedals with a bit of foam. Its not the most comfortable on my right foot, but i need to get used to it. So far, i do feel secured. Tilted forward to 2.5 and it feels like it used to before with my 1.5 on the old firmware for KS18XL. Going on a 24km each way ride today for a BBQ so i'll be getting to test this out on the road, lol. Hope it doesnt ache XDDD