Drifting on EUC...

I would say 10-20 feet is a rare distance. That may be something to practice for an "advanced riding" course. Not for me though.

Mud is my bane. So much I mostly don't ride in wet weather now. I've slipped on mud several times.

But yes, I have had short stints of drifting on sand (just a few inches is enough for me). And, getting air on sidewalk ramps can get your heart going too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Circuitmage said:

I would say 10-20 feet is a rare distance. That may be something to practice for an "advanced riding" course. Not for me though.

Mud is my bane. So much I mostly don't ride in wet weather now. I've slipped on mud several times.

But yes, I have had short stints of drifting on sand (just a few inches is enough for me). And, getting air on sidewalk ramps can get your heart going too.

I had to edit that. It was probably 10 feet max, but it felt like forever, as with all my wrecks, seems like time stands still... I'm still pretty shocked I didn't go down...

The first truck I hit (parked on the sidewalk at 6am before the sun came up!), was after I hit some mud and slid a few feet. So yeah, if you got speed and momentum...a nice patch of mud should carry you a bit.

• Like 2

Had it been day time, I would have at least seen the mud coming. It was such a surprise at night with no lights around other than my headlight. Plus I was eyeing the guy on my right, as at that hour, a human back in there is a rare sight...Hope you showed the truck who was boss! :cheers:

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Can you really drift on a EUC, or only slide? The difference being drifting is intentional and you can control that you won't fall, while sliding is just losing traction, mostly unintentional.

:efeebb3acc:

Well, I guess we'll just have to invent a new term?!? 😜 Slifting!? Drippeding, Bon Jovi Slippery when Wetting? or how bout just straight up trippin'?!? 

• Like 1

I've had slip & slides in mud, but nothing as dramatic as what you describe. Probably the closest I've had is hitting a deep and long sand pocket at a speed that I would prefer not to bail. Gets the heart rate up really quick  :efefc8626c:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've had slip & slides in mud, but nothing as dramatic as what you describe. Probably the closest I've had is hitting a deep and long sand pocket at a speed that I would prefer not to bail. Gets the heart rate up really quick  :efefc8626c:

It was pretty crazy. Like someone snuck a slip and slide into my path...

• Like 1

The MSX tire promotes BonJovi’ing even when new, and I started this season with almost 5000km on mine. No matter the speed, as soon as the tire saw mud or other wet stuff, the wheel was BonJovi’ing a little all the time. I often had to slow down to below walking speed to cross the muddy spots.

But now that I have a new H-666 tire, I would have to seriously try to get it BonJovi’ing, even on mud. Great tire, although the clearance is very small despite also being a 18x3.0”.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1