Other toys for transport??

Chrisxr2

I owned a early-1980's Fiat and like my EUC I learned to do a lot on it--body work, electrical, carb rebuilds, you name it! As for the body, aluminum foil would have been thicker and at least it wouldn't have rusted. Damn those Italian cars are incredibly fun to drive though.

• Upvote 1

That is vey nice, car wise i have a classic mini cooper S, a metro turbo powered classic mini, (Not quite as prone to rust as the alfas but still bad enough) and a MK 1 Focus rs as my daily toy, but is getting very little use at the minute as the weather is nice so the euc and trikke are getting used instead.

• Upvote 2

I got more cars as well (all Alfas), but they either arent registered to drive or are in restoration. It actually was the second reason for me to get a EUC to commute to work, the first being that they removed my eligibility to have a parking lot at the office, since I am living in the same city. So now I dont have a daily car anymore, I am wondering how well this is going to work out during wintertime, since I wont use the Sud.

Hi,

I recently made a specs comparison table of a whole bunch of Lightweight Portable Transport devices (Rideables/Transportables or whatever you want to call them) on my website. Included are Hovertrax, the Solowheel, Rocket skates, scooters + more. 

Feel free to take a look & share with others

http://peacemakerfoundation.com/2015/07/06/transportables-portable-transport-tools/ 

transportables.jpg

For two wheel self-balancing foot scooters only then see: 

http://peacemakerfoundation.com/2015/07/25/self-balancing-dual-motor-electric-foot-scooters/ 

lean-machines.jpg

Have fun, help the environment, & please please ride safely

Luc

Peacemakerfoundation.com.

• Upvote 1

There are several versions of the scrooser, I wouldn't mind at all over a 'legal' electric mope, the one I really like is called the beast, knobby wheels and suspension... And no need of kickstand, with wide wheel base. Can they take on winter? At least twice the cost of the most expensive eu, but onlyonly 15-30 km range, with supplied battery...

http://www.daymak.com/beast/

Egroov, on kickstarter now... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/237076843/egroov-first-all-road-all-wheel-drive-electric-sco?

Edited by MetricUSA

• 1 month later...

I think the BOXX scooter is really cool and practical: https://www.boxxcorp.com

My partner and I are trying to slowly shift all of our transportation away from gas so this scooter and my EUC are the first steps toward that. In the next 2-3 years we will be replacing the car with an electric as well. About two months before buying my Ninebot One I bought a loaded out version of this scooter to use as my main mode of transportation around the city. They are built to order however so I won't actually get it until June of next year, the Ninebot is filling the gap for short range transportation in the meantime.

I would love to have an electric scooter or motorbike (always love being in Shanghai, as 95 % of the motorbikes there are electric now), however, with 50 kph top speed, I would fear for my life on the streets and motorbike paths of Kuala Lumpur where I currently live. (And the fast ones are so far still out of my price range)

So I have to keep my gas-guzzling KTM Duke 200 (yes, that is 200 cc displacement for a total of 27 hp, definitely the lower end of fossile fuel madness and getting 70-110 mpg - depending on my driving stile)

Once I return to Germany, I will hopefully be able to come by with public transport and an electric vehicle (unicycle or scooter)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, this I don't consider transport, but I bought the halfbike 2, kind of a joke, most unstable bike next to unicycle, too high center of gravity, maybe good for unicycle but not this. Thank God, I bought the 3 speed version, I have lots of hills, and it was easier starting in lowest gear, but also way too easy to spin tire. Where's the best place to put weight? Center to front... You have to push start just like regular bike. The handle bar not realy used for stearing, but to hold on for dear life, and to 'try' to keep straight, it sways with the back wheels, the back wheels are on springs like a skateboard. So you more incline to do carving, probably also helps forward momentum. More workout but at least you can coast... 

They tried to make this version, foldable, will see about that if I ever take the bus with it...   WWW.halfbike.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...