KS-18L: unusual beeping and red LED indicators during charging

Giovanni

Dear riders and KingSong representatives!

Maybe somebody can help me to diagnose and understand what is the issue with KS-18L?

You can see everything in the video: my EUC was charging and I just started to rub and wipe it with paper napkins, suddenly I heard regular beeps (every 2-3 seconds) and when I turned it on I saw unusual red LED indicators (1st and 9th from each side). The problem is floating, it's difficult to cause it again, but it happened already few times with my KS-18L. After turning off/on everything is OK and riding is normal without any troubles.

Does anybody know what is the issue and what do that red LED indicators and regular beeps mean?

11 hours ago, Giovanni said:

Dear riders and KingSong representatives!

Maybe somebody can help me to diagnose and understand what is the issue with KS-18L?

You can see everything in the video: my EUC was charging and I just started to rub and wipe it with paper napkins, suddenly I heard regular beeps (every 2-3 seconds) and when I turned it on I saw unusual red LED indicators (1st and 9th from each side). The problem is floating, it's difficult to cause it again, but it happened already few times with my KS-18L. After turning off/on everything is OK and riding is normal without any troubles.

Does anybody know what is the issue and what do that red LED indicators and regular beeps mean?

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@US69, any ideas?

I know Pretty much all other LED cominations :-)  but unfortunatly not One and Nine....

I just asked my KS contact...please give me some time, might be they are allready away from work….

• Like 2

@US69, thank you for quick reply!

No issues in general reported by KingSong apps (attached screenshots from both old and new apps).

Regarding app report while the fault, it's not that easy, because this problem is floating, appeared only few times and I can't cause it on purpose.

Screenshot_20190327-143213_Kingsong.jpg

Screenshot_20190327-144650_Gallery.jpg

@US69, I have also asked previously community of Russian EUC riders in Telegram about this issue. They said as well that they know different LED combinations, but not this one. And I think they also asked KingSong about this and answer was to look if app reports any issues while this fault appears.

Another interesting thought was that maybe it's static electricity causes this problem, another Russian rider has also experienced same LED combination and beeps and his guess is static electricity. I believe that's really can be the case, because it appeared while I was wiping and rubbing my wheel with paper napkins and wheel was charging at that moment.

I haven't noticed any other problems with my wheel, except only 2-3 times when I turned it on green LED indicators weren't switched on, it happened after I had turned on/off hese LED lights few times in KingSong app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giovanni said:

@US69, I have also asked previously community of Russian EUC riders in Telegram about this issue. They said as well that they know different LED combinations, but not this one. And I think they also asked KingSong about this and answer was to look if app reports any issues while this fault appears.

Another interesting thought was that maybe it's static electricity causes this problem, another Russian rider has also experienced same LED combination and beeps and his guess is static electricity. I believe that's really can be the case, because it appeared while I was wiping and rubbing my wheel with paper napkins and wheel was charging at that moment.

As said, i have asked KS contacts, its just that its now 21:30 in China....

So waiting for an answer tomorrow here.

And also: Yes, Maybe your whiping triggered the well known "static electricity" glitch, which then, other than while trolleying, while charging triggers the LED fault message.

@US69, ok thanks!

Just one correction, I am not sure if it was combination of first and ninth LED, first for sure but as for lower LED I don't think it's ninth, it should be above, it's visible even on low resolution video I uploaded here. Next time (when and if) it happened I will check it.

Also I asked in the Telegram chat and we have at least 3 riders with the same LED and beeps symptoms as you can see on my video.

Edited by Giovanni

14 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Just one corrections, I am not sure if it was combination of first and ninth LED, first for sure but as for lower LED I don't think it's ninth, it should be above, it's visible even on low resolution video I uploaded here. Next time (when and if) it happened I will check it.

Yes, please, check that...as for other combinations i know what they mean…. (while i still think it is the wipping and static Energy) 

16 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Also I asked in the Telegram chat and we have at least 3 riders with the same LED and beeps symptoms as you can see on my video. 

Then it is for sure the "static Energy" Problem, as this is the only known Problem on the Wheel.......which at least only happens when the Wheel is stationary or only on trolleying.

When i might ask for a favor: The KS contact has Problems to watch the video-Format. Are you able to reproduce the Problem and throw it into YouTube, perhaps?

Also:

Will contact/Mention you as soon as i get an answer :-) 

Just one corrections, I am not sure if it was combination of first and ninth LED, first for sure but as for lower LED I don't think it's ninth, it should be above, it's visible even on low resolution video I uploaded here. Next time (when and if) it happened I will check it.

Looking at the video, I didn't think the lights are 1 and 9, so I grabbed a couple of frames and overlaid them in Photoshop...

1and6

It's a little rough, but with the key points lined up it looks like this is 1 and 6!

@US69 - what would that mean?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, US69 said:

When i might ask for a favor: The KS contact has Problems to watch the video-Format. Are you able to reproduce the Problem and throw it into YouTube, perhaps?

@US69, sure, will do it today and post YouTube link here, thank you for update!

I have downloaded another video from Telegram chat, rider from Russia just posted it today, it seems exactly the same problem and it happened in the same circumstances (he was cleaning turned off wheel while charging).

Edited by Giovanni

@US69, sure, will do it today and post YouTube link here, thank you for update!

I have downloaded another video from Telegram chat, rider from Russia just posted it today, it seems exactly the same problem and it happened in the same circumstances (he was cleaning turned off wheel while charging).

Thanks in advance Giovanni, i really, really would like to have the total effect on a youtube video...wiping and then LEDs go red....

That telegramm video: That look like LED one and five, which is motor short circuit.

Led one and six would be Onboard gyroscope error.

Hearing of the wiping its more and more clear that -whatever the LEDs say, thats the case of static electric energy. So actual there is no real solution to this problem of static energy, i would suggest just not to clean it while it is charging.

Sorry, i REALLY know it is frustrating to have such a stupid error, i can only say that worldwide never something happens while driving....

Just Another thing:

Please, Giovanni, can you please in the future only do links to video files? The forum software only provides a very very small memory space for each member, and posting videos ON the forum, without link, would fill up your memoryspace anyway....(its also in the forum rules ;-) ...and a moderator might delete them)...Forgot to say that in my first answer....WHEN this are links allready...excuse my stupid me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, US69 said:

Thanks in advance Giovanni, i really, really would like to have the total effect on a youtube video...wiping and then LEDs go red....

Both videos (I posted here) started after this issue (red LED and beeps) appeared, so in the video you won't see wiping/rubbing/cleaning or anything else that had happened before and caused this issue. The problem is you never know when it will appear, so it's difficult to shoot video from the very beginning, also I can't reproduce and cause again this issue, I tried really hard yesterday wiping my wheel with paper napkins) and nothing happened... If I get these beeps and red LED again, I will try to film it better. However it's only our guess that wiping and static electric energy causes this problem, maybe that's not the case.

22 hours ago, US69 said:

Please, Giovanni, can you please in the future only do links to video files? The forum software only provides a very very small memory space for each member, and posting videos ON the forum, without link, would fill up your memory space anyway....(its also in the forum rules ;-) ...and a moderator might delete them)...Forgot to say that in my first answer....WHEN this are links already...excuse my stupid me

Sure, sorry, I didn't know that, was surprised with so small limitations for uploads here, so it makes sense, it's better to provide link for video files.

22 hours ago, US69 said:

That telegramm video: That look like LED one and five, which is motor short circuit.

Led one and six would be Onboard gyroscope error.

@US69, where is this information available, about different combinations of red LED and beeps and its meaning for malfunction diagnostics? I tried to search and couldn't find it, it's also not present in the wheel manual..

Edited by Giovanni

On 3/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, US69 said:

@US69, both videos are uploaded on YouTube, here you can find links:

https://youtu.be/6qCGyhu6vr0  - that's my wheel

https://youtu.be/lA42Gld26og  - video from Telegram chat, another rider reported very similar (or even the same) situation.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...