Strange sound coming from the Z10

Samir Muradov

Do you have the trolley handle installed?  If so, you might want to remove that first and see if the sound goes away.  I know someone posted a while back about strange sounds coming from the wheel, and, based on their video, it seemed almost certain to be a mechanical vibration noise coming from the handle even though it was retracted.

Yea I do, will try that but it feels like the sound is coming from the inside, either the tire touching something or some gear been not well oiled. You can hear the sound when you are pulling on low speed or when you are pulling it. I can slightly tilt the wheel to one side, just few degree and the sound stops, but if it is straight or slightly to the right I can feel/hear it.

37 minutes ago, Samir Muradov said:

Yea I do, will try that but it feels like the sound is coming from the inside, either the tire touching something or some gear been not well oiled. You can hear the sound when you are pulling on low speed or when you are pulling it. I can slightly tilt the wheel to one side, just few degree and the sound stops, but if it is straight or slightly to the right I can feel/hear it.

Maybe you've cached a little branch inside while going off road? 

That happened to me sometimes in the past. 

20 hours ago, Samir Muradov said:

Does anyone with Z10 hear a sound coming from the wheal like either something is not well oiled or there is maybe some dirt that is making a sound when moving the wheal at specific speed and/or angle?

something like that?

2 hours ago, RoberAce said:

something like that?

I think so yes, I will need to double check and make a video after work. The Z10 is fairly new, 100km and 1 month.

I cleaned it once in the shower using the shower head, and quite some water went on the inside, I was wondering if that might cause the problem.

How did you fix it and is it urgent?

9 minutes ago, Samir Muradov said:

I think so yes, I will need to double check and make a video after work. The Z10 is fairly new, 100km and 1 month.

I cleaned it once in the shower using the shower head, and quite some water went on the inside, I was wondering if that might cause the problem.

if this is what happens to you, yes, it is urgent to fix it, follow this thread there is explained

4 hours ago, Samir Muradov said:

Will make a video and post it after work. Love your videos.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Samir Muradov said:

Ugh, I hope for your sake it's not the same worn bearing @RoberAce had to fix. 

Здравей. Добре дошъл във форума. 

Ако е лагер, а най вероятно е, не карай колелото докато не го смениш. Най добре смени двата. Търси лагери с гумени уплътния (6004 2RS ако съм запомнил добре).

И аз имам Z10. Вече е на над 900км. За сега нямам проблеми, но се замислям дали да не сменя лагерите профилактично. 

Успех. 

Hello, sorry for disappearing, it was a busy week. I have not tried to take it apart and see if there is a leaf or something stuck inside yet. Here are 2 videos showing the sound, as you can see it only happens sometimes mostly depending on speed and somewhat on angle.

Sorry, I am onboard the vessel now. I use Internet via a satellite (thanks the God, and the company, it is for free) . The traffic speed is very low, so I cannot watch the video. 

P.S

Anyhow I watched it, probably because it is short. 

Definitely I hadn't heard this noise from my wheel. And it sounds like a damaged bearing at low revolutions.

But please check first for stuck leafs and etc 

I've just done a teardown and I'd say it's probably something stuck in the shell. when you tilt it the leaf touches the wheel.
I had a lot of dirt and a leaf in mine  as well, which did cause some noise sometimes, but not as extreme as this.

to get it out you, unfortunately, have to take almost everything apart  on the right side (easiest) including the top. 

10 hours ago, Samir Muradov said:

Hello, sorry for disappearing, it was a busy week. I have not tried to take it apart and see if there is a leaf or something stuck inside yet. Here are 2 videos showing the sound, as you can see it only happens sometimes mostly depending on speed and somewhat on angle.

Hello your z10 its ok, the sound is from the vibration of the fender with the bottom part of the trolley.  press with your finger the bottom of the fender, and test if the sound go out

10 hours ago, luixivan said:

Hello your z10 its ok, the sound is from the vibration of the fender with the bottom part of the trolley.  press with your finger the bottom of the fender, and test if the sound go out

+1 on the loose fender. I had the same sound. Check and see if all your screws are on tight (but don't over tighten).

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same sound, and in the second wheel I also had it, the problem is the vibrations that are produced by the wheel and transferred to the back.
I think it's normal and I'm not doing anything about it

Hi , hete the same problem ... loket hete is something blocked in the shell . When i turn left the noise is really hard ... strait forward you also hear iT , turning right no noise at all 

Anyone now the problem ? 

Thx 

Archived