Km Needed for Replacement of the Tyre

Cegalo

Hi, everybody!

I am very pleased with my Ninebot One E+ and I have run 220 km in 6 weeks, but my question is:

Does anyone know how many km can be done with the standard tyre before you need to replace it?

Any estimation?

Thanks!

Well, I just replaced mine, but it is because I was changing the tube.  I decided that I might as well replace it if I am taking the tube out.  Still had plenty of thread left, and was probably wasted money.  That was at 600 miles.  Probably had at least 600 miles left.

Well, I just replaced mine, but it is because I was changing the tube.  I decided that I might as well replace it if I am taking the tube out.  Still had plenty of thread left, and was probably wasted money.  That was at 600 miles.  Probably had at least 600 miles left.

I still use the original Firewheel tire (don't know if it's the same as Ninebot, same size at least, Chao Yang 16 x 2.125), I have ridden with it for about 1500km now, and what ever vee rode it before I bought it off from him. This seems to be the 2.5" -wide version of the same pattern (I found the 2.125 -version too, but there was no picture of the pattern):

tires_16x2_5.jpg

And this is my tire currently, ridden for over 1500 kilometers by myself, plus vee's kilometers, and I personally use high pressure (3.5-4bar = 50.5 - 58psi)

O9L5wO7.png

It's a "bit" dirty since I off-roaded a bit the last time ;), but as you can see, there's still plenty of thread left (the centerline was always slick), even those little "Nike-logo" -kinda looking patterns are still visible.

Here's a link to the 2.125 -wide version (should be same size as Ninebot): http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electric-car-tires-16X2-125-thicker-Chaoyang-Chaoyang-16-2-125-tire-skid-decuple/1939540398.html

That is very impressive to still have that tread left, you must weigh about as much as a sparrow

I weight about 57kg (125lbs), + safety gear maybe 3kg, so about 60kg (around 132lbs) in total? As you can't skid with an EUC, that should help to keep the tire wear down, and probably also the hardness of the rubber mixture also plays a role. Soft mixture + high pressure would probably eat the tire a lot faster. And the patterns on the sides don't get much wear in normal riding, as they touch the road only while leaning to turn, maybe the situation would be different if I'd ridden 1000km in circles ;)

That is very impressive to still have that tread left, you must weigh about as much as a sparrow

African, or European? (Oh nevermind, that was a swallow.)

So does no one ever skid in a tight turn?

On solid pavement, leaving skid marks? I've never skidded like that, it would seem really hard to do without wiping out. Sometimes in loose gravel I slide, but that wouldn't wear the tire and usually I end up having to bail anyway because I lose balance.

I think it should be possible somewhere like eg. a shopping centre with a well-polished floor.  Good to know that coming off sideways from a skid is a rarity for most surfaces, though.  I'd be surprised if @‌esaj hasn't done it given the miles he has done, or @vee73 seeing as he goes like a rocket.

I've skidded out sideways, but it was on a cycle track that changed from tarmac to mud and then had a spring running down the tyre tracks for about 3 metres. 

Wheel slid out sideways and I just stepped off. It was on my IPS132 so at relatively low speed. That's why I swapped the tyre out for a knobbly Mad Mike BMX tyre. Grips wet mud well now.

I skid once on wet road in a turn while rolling over a manhole cover that I overlooked. I guess thats a classic "whoops moment" for any bike or motorcycle rider. In my case I had to step off one pedal to avoid a fall, luckily it wasnt at high speed and I could keep the other foot on the pedal.

Sure it can slide on wet/soft surface, but I don't think that kind of skidding wears the tire (at least much). I meant the kind of skidding that wears down the tire (burning tire/drifting/whatever it's called). I've had a couple of sideways slides in off-road conditions, never on tarmac, but probably could occur if you lean on a wet manhole cover, and from motorcycling I know that especially the stuff used for road markings can be very slippery when wet. 

Just realized that vee rode most of the time with a separate studded winter-tire, so there aren't that many kilometers on my tire, 1500+ kilometers by me and what ever trip vee rode it before that. Still looks like it will last a good while.

Hi, everybody!

I am very pleased with my Ninebot One E+ and I have run 220 km in 6 weeks, but my question is:

Does anyone know how many km can be done with the standard tyre before you need to replace it?

Any estimation?

Thanks!

I replace my tire and tube at around 2800km. I changed it with a stock tire and tube.

Archived