Whining and venting

Hi.

Im Kevin.  I saw an electric unicycle at a Tesla owner’s club event and immediately wanted one. I’m interested in easing into it though, meaning, I want to buy a used one to crash on and learn about before I buy a different wheel for the longer term.  This obviously also has the advantage that I’ll have a spare to teach others.

Ive more or less narrowed the list to a v8 or a ks14d.  There’s one for sale in the secondhand forum, and I’ve posted a reply.  Since it’s not private, I left no contact info.  I’ve watched him lower his price, but not acknowledge my reply.  So it’s possible I’m not the buyer he wants, but I don’t really know.

My earlier posts were equally frustrating.  I was told I should rent not buy for my holiday (I wanted one permanently but was buying it on a holiday) and then I was told I couldn’t fly it back with me (I drove).  I know the person was trying to be helpful, but it wasn’t, and I missed my opportunity to buy now that I’m back in Canada and the holiday is done.

Ultimately, I see people trying to be helpful here, and I know that’s their goal, but I’m increasingly frustrated while the whole thing because these wheels seem impossible to “try”, either by buying used or renting.  Being unable to PM here is just another continuation of that theme.

So I’m writing this useless post to vent because as much as I want to participate here, I feel like I can’t because everywhere I turn, I’m blocked.  Hopefully this gets me the votes or whatever I need to allow me to actually participate as a welcome member rather than just an unwelcome newbie (though I am a newbie, for sure).

Kev

ps.  If a mod could correct the spelling of my name here to DigitalAdrenaline, that’d be great.  I’m scared to restart it for fear of starting this whole process over again.  I wasn’t really paying good enough attention when I registered. Stupid, I know.

I think PMs are unlocked after a certain number of posts (I don't know how many).  Join in some conversations and your unlock will come.  If you want a moderator to tell you how many posts, mention them by name like this @US69 and they will get an alert that they have been mentioned.  Same for any member.

Like Smoother mentioned, just participate a bit more, and everything will be accessible to you soon enough.  I think the restrictions are there to protect everyone from scammers and spammers while encouraging newbies to participate more.  Those who need immediate gratification should visit some other sites first :whistling: to get their fix.  Like http://www.ewheels.com !  (They ship to Canada)  There’s also 

http://www.vaneuc.com/webstore/en/

On 1/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, DigotalAdrenaline said:

ps.  If a mod could correct the spelling of my name here to DigitalAdrenaline, that’d be great.  I’m scared to restart it for fear of starting this whole process over again.  I wasn’t really paying good enough attention when I registered. Stupid, I know.

I don't think anyone else than an admin can do that (and we only have one person with admin rights / access to admin account, @John Eucist).

On 1/27/2019 at 9:55 PM, DigotalAdrenaline said:

Click on your icon, click on the down arrow in top right of the screen by your mini icon, scroll down to "account settings", find "Display name", click change, change name.

Archived