Miniplus not receiving max speed because of its very restrictive nature

This machine is overly restrictive. I cannot get this segway to max 12.5 in over the 200mi plus I have ridden the thing. 

The app shows I'm limited to 11.8 period and if I make it beep more than twice I lose a tenth. Let's not even get started on the tilt back. 

Advertising 12.5 never seen it and my question is has anyone gotten the machine to the limit of 12.5?

If you're thinking miniplus you will be riding at 11mph with tilit back occurring at anything over. Imo they have taken any and all fun out of this. 

I live on the beach here in Florida on very flat roads and I'm not going to ride it like a granny. I think the miniplus is falsely advertising this device and i want to see if anyone can achieve max speed? How did you accomplish this because I've tried riding this in the most boring way possible and might remember seeing 11.9 once possibly! 

I do enjoy how quite and green it is but can we not be overly restrictive?  Imo get yourself a minipro with bigger tires because the miniplus isn't worth it. 

12.5 it's normal top speed for Mini PLUS, top speed is only for few seconds before tilback

and Segway Ninebot has always cheated and lied about speed, better is using a running app in bicycle mode and begin a ride for check speed differences

The maximum speed displayed in the application is not the maximum riding speed/cruising speed

at the beginning I had several maximum speeds reached for a few seconds, 14/15 MPH

As Mini Plus sensors record all your riding attitude, i suggest you start all from the begining, make a factory reset and begin a soft ride, without any tilback and beeping, step by step increase speed and check speed limit, don't go over 

The sensors record all the driving attitude, then they anticipate, a few seconds, and it creates tiltback or beeps even if there are no errors coming from you

I also have two different models with different firmware
The driving of the Mini PLUS is really less flexible than that of the Mini

Edited by jojo33

Thank you Jojo! If I factory reset do I have to go through the 1km toturuals? 

I have been getting tilt back at 11.8. It will get to mid 12 but the tilt back is horrible and the beeping... On the very flat roads of Florida it's really easy to go over 11 and be in the red on the app speedometer. Finding the miniplus very frustrating. 

Rode it this morning and on my return trip from taking it to the running track in the park it actually took 2 tenths off my max speed of 11.8 and I was doing between 10 & 11mph with a tailwind 10 to 15. 11.8 to 11.6mph just riding the thing like a granny which I hate. 

I like to listen to music and kind of a surfing slalom motion at 10mph and the thing doesn't like I guess. Who is this machine designed for? People that like to go straight and slow? 

4 hours ago, Floridaminiplus said:

Who is this machine designed for? People that like to go straight and slow?

It was designed to keep lawyers and bureaucrats happy. Here is the chinese blog written by its design team. View it in Chrome, or run it through Google translate. It explains each of the steps of the designers. The executives, bureaucrats and lawyers then crippled it to provide the "safety margins"

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D43 1/23

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Floridaminiplus said:

anyone know how to factory reset this? did the app reset and my driving data is still there. deleted the cache and app data didn't help.

thx

riding data stay,(because contains a diary for system errors and mileage....)  make factory reset with your app parameters/others/ factory reset

16 hours ago, Floridaminiplus said:

the tilt back is horrible

Adjust balance into app:

parameters/ sensors/balance/try and look your mini, the body will inclinate each time you modify the balance, make many test for see wich is the best for you, have a look to your mini pro parameters balance and entry the same value for your mini plus, it will not really the same like the firmware is different

16 hours ago, trevmar said:

When you have ridden 50Km several limits are removed from maximum speed and maximum torque. That made a big difference for me...

i have over 400km traveled just cruising the beaches so i think it's more in how it doesn't like the way i ride.

i did a job posting for someone to do some creative programming so we will see if anyone wants to do some work on the restrictions. also i'm having my miniplus wrapped in matte black like the loomo. i personally don't like white vehicles of any kind. 

i'm a stock broker that will bend this device to my will no matter the cost. 

Edited by Floridaminiplus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 2:40 AM, Floridaminiplus said:

This machine is overly restrictive. I cannot get this segway to max 12.5 in over the 200mi plus I have ridden the thing. 

The app shows I'm limited to 11.8 period and if I make it beep more than twice I lose a tenth. Let's not even get started on the tilt back. 

Advertising 12.5 never seen it and my question is has anyone gotten the machine to the limit of 12.5?

If you're thinking miniplus you will be riding at 11mph with tilit back occurring at anything over. Imo they have taken any and all fun out of this. 

I live on the beach here in Florida on very flat roads and I'm not going to ride it like a granny. I think the miniplus is falsely advertising this device and i want to see if anyone can achieve max speed? How did you accomplish this because I've tried riding this in the most boring way possible and might remember seeing 11.9 once possibly! 

I do enjoy how quite and green it is but can we not be overly restrictive?  Imo get yourself a minipro with bigger tires because the miniplus isn't worth it. 

Quick note be careful cause pushing unit past limits kills battery faster.  It’s hard to replace the pack. It is for me 3 months to Segway.

You're not going to get any more speed out of it but you need to check your tire pressure has to be set for top pressure or else you will lose mileage on low tire pressure.... You never said that you check your tire pressure so I'm suggesting it....

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 2:23 PM, MetricUSA said:

You're not going to get any more speed out of it but you need to check your tire pressure has to be set for top pressure or else you will lose mileage on low tire pressure.... You never said that you check your tire pressure so I'm suggesting it....

messed with tire pressure quite a bit. i even over inflated the tires which made the thing terrible to ride where i stopped and let out air it was harsh.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, Laransey Carlton said:

Quick note be careful cause pushing unit past limits kills battery faster.  It’s hard to replace the pack. It is for me 3 months to Segway.

i'm an older surfer that rides like a surfer would pumping a wave. i'll push it into a turn a slingshot out and that burst of speed can be quite suprising lol. mostly i just slalom it like a skier since the stance more resembles skiing than surfing. the only way i don't get pissed off is music and get a nice smooth slalom going. you know a wave pattern and the best speed to do it is around 10.5 to 11mph.

what i found is at below 50% battery it starts to limit my speed like WTF i'm already stuck at 11.8...? limit my speed at 20% not 50% segway. the thing could be fun but the restrictions are so horrible just saps it's potential. i'd never waste my time with one again with what i know now about it. they need to up the speed to 15mph and chill on the tilt back it sucks... in florida going over the speed limit is just to easy our roads are flat and smooth...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:33 PM, Floridaminiplus said:

i'd never waste my time with one again with what i know now about it. they need to up the speed to 15mph and chill on the tilt back it sucks... in florida going over the speed limit is just to easy our roads are flat and smooth...

If you have the Firmware hack it hits 14.5 mph and limited to 11 when the battery hits 50%

plus bigger tires 11” will give you around 2mph boost so with the hack and tires you can cruise at 16mph 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 7:27 AM, SegwayMiniPro said:

If you have the Firmware hack it hits 14.5 mph and limited to 11 when the battery hits 50%

plus bigger tires 11” will give you around 2mph boost so with the hack and tires you can cruise at 16mph 

do you have any information on how to get the firmware hack?

2 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

mine was done in person but I believe they have a remote hack via internet you can buy.

The app is ready, but they are still working on the copy protection. Lots of people are eagerly waiting for when it finally comes for sale.

Edited by mrelwood

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2018 at 4:40 AM, Floridaminiplus said:

How fast is it when it's in follow mode? 

I want to get it to let it follow me while I ride my unicycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, mrelwood said:

The app is ready, but they are still working on the copy protection. Lots of people are eagerly waiting for when it finally comes for sale.

I believe the app/protection is done. M4M is offering remote flash of the mini plus, but you need Android phone, and WhatsApp. I might do mine if i can get WA installed, no phone number for WA registration.