what app for new solowheel glide 3

Gary

• 1 month later...

Darknessbot connects more reliably and easily than Inmotion, and has some nice features. But, it has some undesirable quirks and is metric-only for distance and speed. I usually use Darknessbot for rides and Inmotion for changing top speed and calibration. 

I try to use the Inmotion app as little as possible, it is obvious Spyware.

It wants access to your camera, your microphone ,etc, then it lurks in the background burning up your cpu.... watching you....

I wish Solowheel had their own app for North America

8 hours ago, Dennis said:

I try to use the Inmotion app as little as possible, it is obvious Spyware.

It wants access to your camera, your microphone ,etc, then it lurks in the background burning up your cpu.... watching you....

I wish Solowheel had their own app for North America

Wait..... what..... ?

• 3 months later...

Got my Glide 3 yesterday. DarknessBot connects fast and you can see stats and change speed limit. I don’t give permission to use location, mic, camera etc. the app connects reliably and doesn’t drain my battery.

As mentioned, InMotion app it’s spyware. When I got my Glide 3, they sent me an email with some instructions; download InMotion SCV or DarknessBot. InMotion SCV is a WiFi only app. Glide 3 doesn’t have that function. Stick to DarknessBot.

I see no much use for the app though. Speed limit is useless after you “master it” and for lights, it’s better to just hold the power button to turn it on. 

• Upvote 1

+ 1 for DarknessBot. I only use the Inmotion App if I want to change the lights pattern which isnt very often. I am not a fan of the social integration and lack of privacy in the stock inMotion app.

I even upgraded to the Darknessbot add-ons as they are pretty nice and want to make sure @Ilya Shkolnik has funding to keep on making it even better. I love the Darknessbot Apple Watch integration so I can check my speed and battery life while riding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to use DB for the Glide but it doesnt connect. It says it does but it stays on the searching/connection screen showing the V8 percentage full.

Edited by OUNCESMUSIC
coreected wheel make/model