Ninebot One E+ shut off in the middle of riding.

egress123

3 minutes ago, Jeff Bierlink said:

On the One E+ with the stock 1.40v firmware, What is the tilt back speed limit on a full battery?  Is that also current drop related?  Let's say that with a full battery, I can get the wheel up to 22 kph and I never get a tilt back, or would I have to go 25 kph to really test this?

At full charge you will experience speed tiltback between 13.5-15mph. Battery tiltback begins when charge level drops below 20%. There is also overheat tiltback which can occur when the control board sensor temps exceed 65deg C (iirc).

the limmit is 23 if you have a slow pace. If you try to accelerate hard from 19 it will engage immediatetly. There are no steps, 23kph is your top speed limmit, 12kph is your low power batt, 4kph is your "don't ride-push home" limmit. 

litewave is correct, it can do  24 if done smoothly. 

Edited by enaon

Just thought I would throw my battery data in the mix. As I have had 3 cut outs at half battery, moving at about 15kph. I left it on the charger for about 4-5 hours green light.  Drive voltage shows 60.36v

Here's a link to url google drive for some reason cant link the picture directly (what would people's recommendation for hosting be?)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pgkY9LsiWtXGDIwb18JwfvuXk1EmHars/view?usp=drivesdk

On 7/21/2020 at 5:54 PM, Paradoxedgewater said:

My ninebot shows a drive voltage of 60.6v.  the charger is a 61VDC charger.  I don't thin20200721_164709.thumb.jpg.841a09657e8c6af7620c4ae2a32dc846.jpgk this is out of line.

Screenshot_20200721-164557_Segway-Ninebot.jpg

5 hours ago, Fox said:

Just thought I would throw my battery data in the mix. As I have had 3 cut outs at half battery, moving at about 15kph. I left it on the charger for about 4-5 hours green light.  Drive voltage shows 60.36v

Here's a link to url google drive for some reason cant link the picture directly (what would people's recommendation for hosting be?)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pgkY9LsiWtXGDIwb18JwfvuXk1EmHars/view?usp=drivesdk

These batteries haven't gone through a lot of charge cycles (only 76 miles and 175 miles ridden respectively). Just speculation on my part, but perhaps the batteries have degraded somewhat due to a combination of being some of the more older packs existing in the market and storing for long periods without discharge. I'll be breaking 2000K soon and I just charged up to 61.8 in 4-5 hours green light (61.7 in 3). Longest I've gone without riding is 3 days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox said:

I would not trust this battery pack, 60.36 is very low, one or more cells could be really low. It is best to take a multimeter, take off the plastic wrapping, and measure individual cells if you have some experience. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1