Ninebot Z10 pedal opener mod

Lukasz

Looks good! I have heard that PET-G can be brittle.  I have printed from Ultra PLA and also from ABS.  For those with access to the printer it also works as the "scratch protector" as it is easy to re-print. During practical refinement of the design I have reduced the total thickness and I have added vertical fins to make the construction stronger, but still flexible enough to stick it to the pedal surface which isn't flat.

I think more infill will help next time. It was only 20% and it has broken in the weakest part. I have reprinted it with 100% infill and will see. The rest of the broken one is still on pedal and can be still used for opening, as it is symmetric.:-)

The problem is not in the design, but in my skills to go over curbs. The wheel is too heavy to jump on them and I still can not estimate what height is safe to go through.

MVIMG_20181015_225447.jpg

100% infill is probably not needed, but I suggest 2 mm walls and top/bottom.  When getting through the curbs try to attack them close to perpendicular, and just slightly jump, wheel without the load will jump by itself... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Lukasz, 

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your reporting on the Z10. I've been following you for some time on Youtube and now here. Especially your solution driven approach on the flaws that you discover, are super in my opinion. 

I was hoping to print out the pedal opener and the switch protector, but I can't seem to find the stl-files anywhere. If you posted them here somewhere, could you please show me where? If you didn't, would you please share it with me?

Thanks a lot and keep on posting your vids!

Christian 

47 minutes ago, Ramking said:

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your reporting on the Z10. I've been following you for some time on Youtube and now here. Especially your solution driven approach on the flaws that you discover, are super in my opinion. 

I was hoping to print out the pedal opener and the switch protector, but I can't seem to find the stl-files anywhere. If you posted them here somewhere, could you please show me where? If you didn't, would you please share it with me?

Thank You a lot for positive comments !  for the openers and switch protector - please be so kind and PM me using  a64 at interia.pl 

• 3 months later...

Hello All, 

Sorry for the late answer – I was on holidays away for two weeks without the access to the net (on the sea)

And now have many emails to answer, etc. Please be so kind and pm me at  a64 at interia.pl

• 2 years later...