Limited to 26 km/h

Tor 77

Hello,

Just got my new Ninebot One Z10 and have like 20 km on it now, but I am having a problem that it is limitet to 26 Km/h. Is says so in the display below the speed reading and starts to pull back when I get close to this speed. Also the speed limit settings in the App only goes to 25 Km/h.

I get no reading from the tilt and trim in the App, in the black box data the fault code 17 is the first one and come many times.

Any help is highly appriciated !

Br

Tor

Where do I disable the limiter other places than lower left corner on main screen ? If I activate the limiter it only goes 10 km/h, also the three sliders for the warnings only goes to max 25 km/t.

Thanks for help !

I am pretty sure we have similar legislation concerning devices like this (I take it Norway conforms to EU legislation even though not a member state). I got mine from AliExpress and the wheel has no limitations. Due to its 1800W power, the wheel would never have any possibility to be distributed legally here. According to law, the max power for a device like this is 1000W. Also, the speed would be limited to 25 km/h.

Edited by Ziiten

Hi,

Problem solved :) Got good help and support from Ninebot Service :) Only problem that the reply from them got in my spam.... until I found it.

My firmware is 1.0.4 and seems to be up to date.

I got another login info from Ninebot Service and it opened up a new Low Speed Mode that was switched on. After switch off this mode it works to 46 km/h.

Br

Tor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great ! My fw is on 1.0.5 but I‘ve also had contact with Ninebot engineers because I had a sudden shutoff while riding a steep hill. Now I know that it wasn’t a hardware defect, but it‘s related to the downhill algo currently implemented which stops recuperating at low speed downhills, so they have to fix that with a future software update.  

By now have fun with the Z10, it‘s a great wheel with lots of comfort and great stability and avoid going down long/steep slopes (15degrees and more).

1 hour ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Great ! My fw is on 1.0.5 but I‘ve also had contact with Ninebot engineers because I had a sudden shutoff while riding a steep hill. Now I know that it wasn’t a hardware defect, but it‘s related to the downhill algo currently implemented which stops recuperating at low speed downhills, so they have to fix that with a future software update.  

By now have fun with the Z10, it‘s a great wheel with lots of comfort and great stability and avoid going down long/steep slopes (15degrees and more).

That,,, is worrying...

20 hours ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Does this align with what @Marty Backe found going downhill?

• 6 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 4:30 PM, Tor 77 said:

Hi,

Problem solved :) Got good help and support from Ninebot Service :) Only problem that the reply from them got in my spam.... until I found it.

My firmware is 1.0.4 and seems to be up to date.

I got another login info from Ninebot Service and it opened up a new Low Speed Mode that was switched on. After switch off this mode it works to 46 km/h.

Br

Tor

I have the same problem, I am already without limiting in the application as you can see in the image that I will attach. But it remained limited. I understand, you had to do a new login? How does this have to ask for a new login? Can you help me?

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 19.32.09.jpeg

Hi,

I contacted Ninebot Support services and got a new username and login to use for this, when logged in with this user the app got an extra switch as seen on the attached picture.

image.png.b6354c375309813f054d99aa20ec6e7f.png

Hope this helps, just check your spam box as the reply from Ninebot may come there.

Later I unlocked my Z10 with @MRN76 Ninetool program as you will find in other threads in this forum, best benefit as I find it is that the speed do not limit as much when the battery gets lower. The Z10 is awesome with this unlock !

If you dont get any feedback from Ninebot within a couple of days, try contact me again and I give you my email and will try to set you in contact with the person at Ninebot that helped me.

Br

Tor

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just bought a used nbot C ( old i know but had like 1 hr of use ). Have abt 35km ridden in 1st cpl days but i cannot get the unit above 10mph without the blasted beeps/tiltback! Both the darknessbot and ninebot app show limit is off so i am perplexed. running firmware 1.4.0. - i hv read lots of posts abt speed limited issue etc but could not find a clear process for fixing. i dont see anywhere in the ninebot app to provide a username ( unless it is the device name )? Any help is much appreciated for a newbie rider. Cheers!