Tor 77

Limited to 26 km/h

Hello,

Just got my new Ninebot One Z10 and have like 20 km on it now, but I am having a problem that it is limitet to 26 Km/h. Is says so in the display below the speed reading and starts to pull back when I get close to this speed. Also the speed limit settings in the App only goes to 25 Km/h.

I get no reading from the tilt and trim in the App, in the black box data the fault code 17 is the first one and come many times.

Any help is highly appriciated !

Br

Tor

Where do I disable the limiter other places than lower left corner on main screen ? If I activate the limiter it only goes 10 km/h, also the three sliders for the warnings only goes to max 25 km/t.

Thanks for help !

Ok, that's really strange! You are on latest fw? 1.0.5?

You can try it with darknessbot, if it's possible to get rid of this limitation.

I only had this limitation for the first km and then I had no limit (of course the stock 46km/h).

Hmmm, sounds like you may have the speed limited version, which some countries demand.  Did you buy from Asia or local dealer?

I got it from Aliexpress, may be that the software adjust to the location during first time power on ?

Posted (edited)

I am pretty sure we have similar legislation concerning devices like this (I take it Norway conforms to EU legislation even though not a member state). I got mine from AliExpress and the wheel has no limitations. Due to its 1800W power, the wheel would never have any possibility to be distributed legally here. According to law, the max power for a device like this is 1000W. Also, the speed would be limited to 25 km/h.

Edited by Ziiten

Hi,

Problem solved :) Got good help and support from Ninebot Service :) Only problem that the reply from them got in my spam.... until I found it.

My firmware is 1.0.4 and seems to be up to date.

I got another login info from Ninebot Service and it opened up a new Low Speed Mode that was switched on. After switch off this mode it works to 46 km/h.

Br

Tor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great ! My fw is on 1.0.5 but I‘ve also had contact with Ninebot engineers because I had a sudden shutoff while riding a steep hill. Now I know that it wasn’t a hardware defect, but it‘s related to the downhill algo currently implemented which stops recuperating at low speed downhills, so they have to fix that with a future software update.  

By now have fun with the Z10, it‘s a great wheel with lots of comfort and great stability and avoid going down long/steep slopes (15degrees and more).

1 hour ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Great ! My fw is on 1.0.5 but I‘ve also had contact with Ninebot engineers because I had a sudden shutoff while riding a steep hill. Now I know that it wasn’t a hardware defect, but it‘s related to the downhill algo currently implemented which stops recuperating at low speed downhills, so they have to fix that with a future software update.  

By now have fun with the Z10, it‘s a great wheel with lots of comfort and great stability and avoid going down long/steep slopes (15degrees and more).

That,,, is worrying...

20 hours ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Does this align with what @Marty Backe found going downhill?