Help in Buying Recommendation & Introduction

Ymladda

Hello everybody, after reading this forum for some days i finally decided to register myself an account since this seems to be a place filled with helpful and knowledgeable users :)

I am 25 years old and saw a unicycle for the first time last year, when my cousin visited and brought his Ninebot One S2 with him. After learning to ride (mostly in the hallway) it was a lot of fun to cruise around with it. When I visited him later last year for an extended time in Austria, I could borrow a wheel of another family members Ninebot E+ collection and pretty much rode those two models alternately through every possible weather (including heavy rain, snow, forest paths, grass, snowy grass etc.), daytime and even more at nighttime.

While it was a lot of fun on both models, I could already determine the individual pros and cons (E+ bigger wheel, nice sidepads, slightly faster vs. S2 better grip on footrests, better handle, peace of mind with two power packs) and was never sure which one I actually liked more overall. Back in Germany I started to look for a model to buy, but since unicycles are technically illegal in Germany and I had most fun riding together with other people, I soon abandoned the idea of getting one altogether.

I've been following the unicycle market more or less for the last few months and now I decided to buy one and try my luck not getting caught by the police :P

What I didn't like that much with the Ninebots was the speed limitation. On bike paths I'd often ride pretty near to the tiltback, which was very annoying. While I am currently not planning to go faster than 40 km/h (25 mph) it sure would be nice to delay the tiltback to a higher speed so I don't have to worry about that anymore. High curbs are another problem which seemed impossible to conquer, especially with the S2. Now I've never ridden an 18" wheeler and probably won't have the chance here at my location, so I'd have to guess if that's what I'm actually looking for.

After reading countless threads and looking hours of videos on Youtube I am mostly eyeballing the Ninebot Z10 right now. I really love the Design and it would probably cover the cruising distance for most if not all of my daily tours. The Inmotion V10 seems to be a letdown, so other potential candidates would be the KS 18L or the GW MX. I've read that the Monster X is better than previous models qualitywise, but from the looks i really don't like it at all. I know it pretty much comes down to riding preference on the decision Z10 vs other 2018 wheels right now, so it's hard for me to decide which wheel to get. Yesterday I was close to buying the Z10 on Aliexpress for around 1600€ (1860 USD) but decided to sleep on it and now the price has raised again. In comparison, the KS 18L (from speedyfeet) comes at 1780€ (2070 USD) delivered. So which wheel would you recommend, especially since the Ninebot seems to be cheaper in comparison to the 18L and the MX? I am about 75 kg (165 lbs) so I'd probably get enough mileage out of all of them. Are spare parts available for all of them? Has one of them some rather big issues I should know? Which one has the best headlight? And I also thought about buying some cheaper 16" wheel later on for more diversity in my potential fleet and that I could ride with friends (or visiting family members) :)

I hope this thread wasn't too long to read and hopefully you can help me decide on what to buy. Thanks 

Welcome.  Looks like you have done your homework.  All three wheels seem to be good choices. They are bigger and heavier than the wheels that you have been riding.  It will just take a few rides to adapt.  

I could not make my mind up either.  I plan to buy all three and tell people that I bought them because they were the only wheels available at the time and I wanted them so other people could ride with me. I am generous that way. ?

2 hours ago, Ymladda said:

The Inmotion V10 seems to be a letdown,

I read that the V10F is the one with the problems, the 680wh V10 seems to be fine.  Have you seen Speedyfeet's review?  He says so far it is working great, and will put out more reviews at 250km and 1000km.

And the price is much lower as well.  https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/inmotion-v10

Nothing fundamentally wrong with the V10(F) I believe. The ACM2 is nice as well if you want a tank with no comfort features but greeat performance and riding. Tesla exists, too. And there's the 16S though it may be a bit slow in comparison.

The latest and greatest 18 inchers are the msuper X, 18L, Ninebot One Z.

You can't go wrong if you pick any of these wheels. Get the one that appeals to you the most. If that's the Z, get the Z:efee47c9c8:

On 9/1/2018 at 8:58 PM, RockyTop said:

I could not make my mind up either.  I plan to buy all three and tell people that I bought them because they were the only wheels available at the time and I wanted them so other people could ride with me. I am generous that way. ?

That would be the best case scenario, but it's incredibly pricey :unsure:

On 9/1/2018 at 10:06 PM, steve454 said:

I read that the V10F is the one with the problems, the 680wh V10 seems to be fine.  Have you seen Speedyfeet's review?  He says so far it is working great, and will put out more reviews at 250km and 1000km

Sorry for not being clearer, I actually meant the V10F. Since most bigger wheels seem to cost around 1600-2000 USD, I'd rather invest a little more and have about 1000 Wh.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:28 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

The ACM2 is nice as well if you want a tank with no comfort features but greeat performance and riding. Tesla exists, too. And there's the 16S though it may be a bit slow in comparison.

The latest and greatest 18 inchers are the msuper X, 18L, Ninebot One Z.

You can't go wrong if you pick any of these wheels. Get the one that appeals to you the most. If that's the Z, get the Z:efee47c9c8:

I took a look at the 16s, but it's nearly as pricey as the 18 inch wheels. I guess you are right and I'd probably be happy with either of those three :) It's funny that the Wheel which seems most premium to me (Z10) is actually the cheapest to get in Germany. For now I'll probably read some more threads regarding the KS18L and the Z10 before I make the buying decision. Yet it shouldn't be too long, since winter is coming!

Thanks everybody for the input and happy riding B)

On 9/2/2018 at 2:45 AM, Ymladda said:

... and now I decided to buy one and try my luck not getting caught by the polic:P

Great attitude! Not very German though ... ? 

On 9/2/2018 at 2:45 AM, Ymladda said:

I am mostly eyeballing the Ninebot Z10 right now. I really love the Design and it would probably cover the cruising distance for most if not all of my daily tours.

Definitely a good choice. The Tesla or the MSX would probably also fit your profile. May be you can wait another few weeks before making your final decision: you will find new postings on these wheels every day now. Especially with the MSX in the Z there is new input from many different riders, newbies and veteran riders and addicts (like me) and a few lonely Z haters. Hope we can all help finding the perfect wheel for you. 

But for me, there is nothing but the Z (as everybody knows by now ?). It’s such a fun wheel. I have my mother pull me away from it in the evening and chain me to the bed at night!) it’s a very addictive wheel! So be careful.

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Speedyfeet often has better prices than the standard European prices. https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle

That's where I found the best price for the KS18L, 1749€ for the white version (black is more expensive, black matte not in stock sadly). But that's still slightly more than a Z10 would cost from a german seller :D

The prices on Aliexpress are very tempting, but I'd rather pay more and have a warranty if something fails. Is there a reason though that there's no KingSong listed on Aliexpress? From what I know they are also located in China :confused1:

21 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Great attitude! Not very German though ... ? 

:whistling:

3 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Definitely a good choice. The Tesla or the MSX would probably also fit your profile. May be you can wait another few weeks before making your final decision: you will find new postings on these wheels every day now. Especially with the MSX in the Z there is new input from many different riders, newbies and veteran riders and addicts (like me) and a few lonely Z haters. Hope we can all help finding the perfect wheel for you. 

But for me, there is nothing but the Z (as everybody knows by now ?). It’s such a fun wheel. I have my mother pull me away from it in the evening and chain me to the bed at night!) it’s a very addictive wheel! So be careful.

Yeah I'm planning on waiting a little more, but reading on this forum and watching videos every day only helps to increase the desire to ride again :D

I guess if I'm not happy with whatever I get, I could still sell it and buy another wheel. It's a pity there's no local shop around to give all of them a test ride.

German seller with a Z10? You sure this isn't a grey import? I don't think the Z10 has a CE mark or even an official availability date for Europe yet...

Kingsong are strictly against the Ali exporters and will refuse to troubleshoot such wheels outside of China. In principle Gotway does that too, but maybe not as strict. You can ask the usual Ali sellers for wheels they haven't listed, often they have more than they can tell.

28 minutes ago, Ymladda said:

It's a pity there's no local shop around to give all of them a test ride.

You can always come to Japan and have a test ride on my wheels ... ?

50 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

German seller with a Z10? You sure this isn't a grey import? I don't think the Z10 has a CE mark or even an official availability date for Europe yet...

Kingsong are strictly against the Ali exporters and will refuse to troubleshoot such wheels outside of China. In principle Gotway does that too, but maybe not as strict. You can ask the usual Ali sellers for wheels they haven't listed, often they have more than they can tell.

Z6/Z10 are instock at 1radwerkstatt.de with warranty and service...no „grey import“....

see commercial advertisement.....

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I guess that makes sense from a corporate standpoint, thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

You can always come to Japan and have a test ride on my wheels ... ?

Thanks for the invite, I've never been there and might actually travel to Japan in the next years :)

31 minutes ago, US69 said:

Z6/Z10 are instock at 1radwerkstatt.de with warranty and service...no „grey import“....

see commercial advertisement.....

Thanks for the clarification 

Quick Update. I just ordered my Z10 and will probably receive it on Monday. I am super excited and can't wait for the Z10 to arrive :efee47c9c8:

And pretty much right after that I saw an offer for a used KS18L in Germany for around 1630 USD! If I hadn't payed for the Z10, I might have bought that KS18L :efee8319ab:

6 minutes ago, Eunicyclist said:

Kingsong has a dealer in Ireland. http://kingsong.ie

1. I cannot see what that has to do with this thread not can I see why you have reported this thread to the Moderators?
  2. the website you link to here has no geographical address or landline phone number, or indeed any way of physically contacting the company, - that, in my book, makes that website extremely untrustworthy.
  3. i REALLY do not believe, as is clearly inferred in that website that KingSong themselves would have opened a web shop and distribution centre in Dublin, which also makes this website subject to suspicion- perhaps @US69 can throw some light on this?
  4. In particular the only company details published on that website IS KingSong Intell Tech Co. which is KingSong the company’s company name in Shenzhen, there is no Dublin registered company listed on this website and absolutely no registered address.
  5. Finally payment is by direct credit card on that website, not via any banking site, Paypal etc and the only security in use is https:

In short I certainly would not be willing to buy from them as it stands nor do not think that this forum can in anyway recommend or publicise this site without clear proof this is actually KingSong themselves?

28 minutes ago, Keith said:
  1. I cannot see what that has to do with this thread not can I see why you have reported this thread to the Moderators?
  2. the website you link to here has no geographical address or landline phone number, or indeed any way of physically contacting the company, - that, in my book, makes that website extremely untrustworthy.
  3. i REALLY do not believe, as is clearly inferred in that website that KingSong themselves would have opened a web shop and distribution centre in Dublin, which also makes this website subject to suspicion- perhaps @US69 can throw some light on this?
  4. In particular the only company details published on that website IS KingSong Intell Tech Co. which is KingSong the company’s company name in Shenzhen, there is no Dublin registered company listed on this website and absolutely no registered address.
  5. Finally payment is by direct credit card on that website, not via any banking site, Paypal etc and the only security in use is https:

In short I certainly would not be willing to buy from them as it stands nor do not think that this forum can in anyway recommend or publicise this site without clear proof this is actually KingSong themselves?

Sorry I clicked to reply the wrong post/button. 

Kingsong Ireland is an exclusive distributor though https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100015973898414 

https://www.kingsong.com/list-11.html

I got my wheel there.

9 minutes ago, Eunicyclist said:

Kingsong Ireland is an exclusive distributor though https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100015973898414 

I got my wheel there.

They should refurbish their website...

As @Keithhas mentioned some points that make them look at least "quite strange"...

(... and should comply to EU laws...)

1 hour ago, Eunicyclist said:

I got my wheel there.

As @Chriull has said, that website is not doing itself any favours!

I have, myself, contacted KingSong, they are probably closed for the weekend now but I will report back (and delete the negative remarks) when they confirm this is their site - hopefully Monday.

We have learned to err on the side of caution ever since the below thread where we had two members scammed and, something I’ve never seen before or since, a website that actually popped up a message to the effect of: “This website has been closed down by police request and a court order.”.  We have had several further very dodgy sites attempt to advertise here since which is why we have also tightened up our advertising an Private Message rules.

The website had looked VERY professional with a very unusual and interesting set of products and in which the seller @E-Skate-Boards had published several very professional looking adverts on this forum still visible with added scam warnings if you click on his name.

Please do not click the links to the defunct website - it now takes you to an equally dodgy site with pop ups that are difficult to stop.

@Keith

Sorry for getting back late!

Actually KS has a brandnew new dealer in Ireland, Dublin, which has even exclusive Rights....

Unfortunatly i dont know the correct Website..... But

As Vicky Huang, who IS officially KS Agent referred to the Website Kingsong.ie on Facebook, i definitly would say everything is OK!

Again...Sorry for beeing late...

Archived