Suggestions for more comfortable riding 18L?

ricqvo

Hello guys! Hope youre having a great day full of riding your darling (I meanyour wheel, of course)! Xd

On monday I recieves my KS18L and I fell in love.. Day 4 now and I have almost 100km ridden so far...

But I cant find and get the right tire pressure....

What so you suggest guys? I am 76kg and 180cm, now riding 3.2 bar (46.5 PSI) and it does not feel that comfortable as I taught it will be... At high speed car road ridding it starts to make small and quick turns left and right and I taught I was gonna fall ar high speed several times.... That kinda sucks...

My another problem are side pads.... All of them... Ankle pads are totally outside my ankles... And calf pads or how they are called are painful to ride like sandpaper and my calves are burning even not riding the wheel.. Do you, guys, have some tips and tricks how to solve these pains? Btw my ankles are both bleeding... It is quite painful too...

My third problem is accelerating up the hill... I camt get that speed to climb the hill sometimes in the woods... Or even on a car road... I have unlocked 40kmph, but it does not change anything... I am tilted the most I can, I am slipping ober my wheel and falling.... I have experienced mode ON...

My fourth problem is mouting a bonus light... Do you guys have some trick to mount a flashlight on the wheel without loosing any function?

The wheel almost awesome... I love it... But it could be constructed better....

Thank you very very much guys for each your tip and trick... I appreciate it! Thanks and have a great day!

24 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Hello guys! Hope youre having a great day full of riding your darling (I meanyour wheel, of course)! Xd

On monday I recieves my KS18L and I fell in love.. Day 4 now and I have almost 100km ridden so far...

What so you suggest guys? I am 76kg and 180cm, now riding 3.2 bar (46.5 PSI) and it does not feel that comfortable as I taught it will be... At high speed car road ridding it starts to make small and quick turns left and right and I taught I was gonna fall ar high speed several times.... That kinda sucks...

My another problem are side pads.... All of them... Ankle pads are totally outside my ankles... And calf pads or how they are called are painful to ride like sandpaper and my calves are burning even not riding the wheel.. Do you, guys, have some tips and tricks how to solve these pains? Btw my ankles are both bleeding... It is quite painful too...

My third problem is accelerating up the hill... I camt get that speed to climb the hill sometimes in the woods... Or even on a car road... I have unlocked 40kmph, but it does not change anything... I am tilted the most I can, I am slipping ober my wheel and falling.... I have experienced mode ON...

My fourth problem is mouting a bonus light... Do you guys have some trick to mount a flashlight on the wheel without loosing any function?

Thank you very very much guys for each your tip and trick... I appreciate it! Thanks and have a great day!

Now I don't know how much you have ridden EUCs and what kind before. But i will share my rookie findings. I have around 500ish km totally on EUC now 150sih on my KS18L.

It took me some Km to become accustomed to the heavier wheel. Yes I got some bruising too, but that is not an issue any more. I don't ride at high speeds so I set my max around 35 kmh. I had some wobbles in the beginning but they tend to be less frequent now. I guess it is due to my legs getting stronger. As I keep pushing how frequently I ride and the distance each time. I can tell you that I was dead after my first forest ride of 6.5km.

As for mounting extras I would properly go for 3M duallock, it seems strong and since I have cats Velcro keeps getting hair attached.

But then again I am not a DIY man. I don't have that many tools and no workshop to tinker so I try to keep things simple. 

I have not measured my tyre pressure as it seems fine for the most part, as my dealer do a check up before they ship it. I might let out a little air. But for now it seems to be fine for the most part. I guess it is around recommendations for the tyre. 

29 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

i personally ride an 2,5 Inch 18 Inch Wheel at around 3 bar...but most People say thats not needed for an 18 Inch and to much! 

With your weigth i would try 2,5 bar....should be more than enough!

Side pads: Normally you get used to a Wheel after About a week and all initial pains are gone after that time. 

Also as a experienced rider (and used to the Wheel) there is no Need to squeeze the Wheel at all, so i would just say give it some time and/or adjust your stand.

Or just install some of the Standard "Baby foam protection" that everyone here is using….but again i dont see the Need to use any on the 18L as it is not very wide at all.

Hill Problems:

In General bigger wheels like 18inch wheels do not have the same starting torque as smaller wheels. But as the 18L has plenty of power.....what hills are we Talking About? Which grade?

On the other side: Where are your feet Standing? Just have your feets a bit more in front and it should be much easier to accelerate a hill up.

49 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Tire pressure: I weigh 220lbs (90+ kg) and I ride my current KS 18 with 40 psi; works great for me. My son weighs approximately 170lbs and he rides his current KS 18 between 30- 35 psi. Seems to me that 46 psi might be very high for someone your weight. The too high psi could make the wheel feel twitchy. try lowering the psi to about 35.

Side pads: you may just be holding on to those pads for dear life and not realize how tightly you are gripping. As you ride more this should relax. Try riding with a little less clasping at the bottom of the wheel.

Speed: sounds to me like you might be trying to go to fast to soon. Slow down until you feel more relaxed on the bigger wheel and grow more familiar with its dynamics.

I am picking up an 18L from Fedex as we speak. So enjoy yours. I will report my experiences soon.

5 hours ago, ricqvo said:

I like to give you my experience of the wheel because i almost felt the same as you. I have used a InMotion V8 for 10 month and run about 1000 km and i just got my KS-18L and have now run about 90 km with it. I am 78 kg and 184 cm so almost same size as you. At the begining i run with too high pressure (around 45 psi) and the wheel almost felt unusable. Sometimes the wheel start to wobble like you said with small quick turns to left and right - very scary! Now i have lower the pressure to 35 psi, i guess its around 2.5 bar as @US69 suggested, and it works so much better.

I also had this strange feeling in the begining i almost couldnt accelerate up a hill. But  i think its just normal when you switch between a more agile wheel like V8 against this heavier one. I had a feeling there was some big tank wagon between my legs which didnt like to cooperate. Today, me and my gf took a long ride of 50 km and after a while we switch wheels. My lovely V8 then felt very strange instead. So i guess its about habit and get used of a wheel and to manage the technique take some time.

Hey there new KS18L rider! 

If you ride at 45-52psi it will be rough but very agile. If you let the tire run at 35-44psi it will be much more comfy. Experiment with how low you want to go. I went down to 30psi and it was too mushy for me. Just under 40psi gave me great cushion and movement.

The pads at the calves are very uncomfortable. I assume I will get used to them and so far it is working at day 6. Some talc or pool cue chalk will work if spread on the pads. Of course you will get it on your calves. As for ankle padding, I have no idea what you are experiencing, unless you are new to EUCs then this too shall pass. I remember when I first started and was squeezing the vehicle between my legs too hard that this used to happen on my V8 and KS14C.

One more piece of advice is instead of leaning hard to accelerate, stand up straight and press on the front of your foot like you are killing a large spider under your toe pads. Its safer around the corners. Trust me. Lol

Archived