THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

45 minutes ago, EMA said:

we are not legal but no issues on streets riding carefully, the ramp in the video was cool but was a random, convenient, and shorter path at that moment . [ we don't ride highway here

Thanks.

Sounds similar locally. Other than hearing a couple of encounters reported in this forum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EMA said:

i have those parks in the city, some of them are really fun to ride.
real trails need 30m driving, but they are too nasty for an EUC, i ride them with my MTB ;) 

Interesting, thanks for the response. I personally love riding off road on a EUC. I ride with my wife and her electric mountain bike. The trails in this area have a ton of people walking on them so we ride very carefully. The last thing we want is to give EUC riders a bad name. Unfortunately there are a few others who are not as careful.

• Upvote 1

Well I decided to start tearing down the tire because that Kenda was unrideable.  Anyway it was so easy I went ahead and put an even worse tire on it till the Michilin tire arrives (Wed or Thurs).  I have an 5yo Shinko SR244 on it for now.  I ruined my intertube switching tires and I tried to inflate this one tubelessly but it just wouldn't seal (and I had a spare intertube.  Turns out the SR244 is just as outa-round as the stock Kenda is.  The bolt I put across the back of my kickstand makes contact with 1/3 of the rotation when the shock is deflated and the suspension is 90% compressed.  

This was the end of the teardown.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
fix vid link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Turns out the SR244 is just as outa-round as the stock Kenda is. 

Well what's going on here then ?! :) WHY are they out of round I wonder... I mean I know Chinese manufacturers skimp on all sorts of shit, but they do at least usually manage to make round tyres right ? So what's happened to these ?!

I have been wondering why my stock CST 186 goes wobbly as hell over 30 kph, and have been quietly thinking that might be down to wonky manufacturing tolerances, and maybe some off-balancing somewhere, but beading looks even in my case, and there is no noticeable deformation.

Like you - I am swapping out for a Michelin this week.

Edited by Cerbera

I am getting so gdm tired of all those videos shot with a phone in vertical position.  We are humans.  Our eyes are placed horizontally next to each other, not above each other...... 

• Upvote 1

I think this would have worked on the Kenda street tire that was stock.  Meanwhile, this tire works good now!  Its a Shinko SR244.  It didn't fit very well on my MSX100V.  For that wheel I had started shaving the side-knobs to fit but punted and put the SR241 on my MSX100V (3 years ago).  The MSX100V still has the Shinko SR241 and with adequate side-knob shaving its great on that wheel.  So I may keep this SR244 on the Master for a while.  

• Like 1

NYC firefighters rescue woman dangling from window during apartment blaze

3.5M subscribers
Nov 6, 2022

DRAMATIC footage shows a person dangling from a window of a New York City apartment building on Saturday (November 5) morning where a fire started on the 20th floor. The video, filmed on a mobile phone, shows a person hanging from a window as smoke billows out, while another person leans out with their upper body.
A firefighter could be see reaching down to the pair below from an upper window, before other firefighters arrived on the scene to rescue residents.
At least 38 people were injured in the blaze which the New York City Fire Department said was caused by a "lithium ion battery connected to a micro mobility device".

12 hours ago, Paul A said:

lithium ion battery connected to a micro mobility device".

Scary stuff, after watching that s20 burn video the other day i am not ever charging anything inside my house again. Guess i knew but never really saw one burn. That's a straight up 6ft torch.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

So I may keep this SR244 on the Master for a while.  

Dude ! Please elaborate on your Master seating arrangements - I want one of them ! How are you attaching it firmly ?!

• Upvote 1

Video of blanket test on electric car fire.

Would a smaller version for EUCs, scooters, indoors help to contain/retard a fire?

Centro Zaragoza tests the Bridgehill Fire Blanket on an electric vehicle

1.04K subscribers

Feb 14, 2020

Centro Zaragoza, in cooperation with Bridgehill and the Fightfighters Department of Zaragoza, has tested the Bridgehill car fire blanket.

See the test progress and the temperatures reached in the video.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

Video of blanket test on electric car fire.

Would a smaller version for EUCs, scooters, indoors help to contain/retard a fire?

1.04K subscribers

Feb 14, 2020

Centro Zaragoza, in cooperation with Bridgehill and the Fightfighters Department of Zaragoza, has tested the Bridgehill car fire blanket.

See the test progress and the temperatures reached in the video.

Yes - if you are one of the lucky ones, living in a batcave with a open chimney and sand on the floor.... :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Paul A said:

Looks like it snuffs out the fire for a regular burn but there was no lithium battery burning in the video which makes a huge difference, also we never actually see them take the blanket off without the car re-igniting. Maybe great for containing the fire i suppose.

Very interesting.

EUC riders would probably be able to ride without the stick.

360All round directional movement and control.

Моношар на замену моноколесу

(Monowheel replacement monowheel)

AMLnZu_BoB9p_Od6iy-r_VoSBdvurDrpi_gvMPef

36.4K subscribers

Nov 9, 2022

Edited by Paul A
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Very interesting.

EUC riders would probably be able to ride without the stick.

360All round directional movement and control.

Моношар на замену моноколесу

(Monowheel replacement monowheel)

AMLnZu_BoB9p_Od6iy-r_VoSBdvurDrpi_gvMPef

36.4K subscribers

Nov 9, 2022

Woah !  This is really something, missing is just a big pole for sitting and battery storage, and then rider padding all over the body - it's a onewheel with a ball, now able to do faceplant in all directions ! :roflmao:              Serious:  nice construction, respect !

• Like 1