Got my King Song KS-18S today!

eddiemoy

On 7/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, eddiemoy said:

Upped my limit to 35km/h and was able to hit it pretty easy in open space.  Scary at that speed.  Don't know if I will have the guts to go 40km/h!  Also getting more comfortable riding while seated. 

IMG_2109.PNG

I am fighting wobble with my new 18S..

are you having the same issue?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GoinPostal said:

I only had the wobbles once and it was after an hour of riding.  Fatigue was the cause, so I sat down to ride after that.  Almost threw me off.  I was riding my 18S backwards, the battery indicator in the front, tire rotation was backwards too...  going to try to ride it with the power button in the front instead.  I've not been able to go in reverse because the 18S is not as nimble.  For me going in reverse requires more nimbleness...

Check your tire pressure, maybe that is the cause of your wobbles.

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I only had the wobbles once and it was after an hour of riding.  Fatigue was the cause, so I sat down to ride after that.  Almost threw me off.  I was riding my 18S backwards, the battery indicator in the front, tire rotation was backwards too...  going to try to ride it with the power button in the front instead.  I've not been able to go in reverse because the 18S is not as nimble.  For me going in reverse requires more nimbleness...

Check your tire pressure, maybe that is the cause of your wobbles.

Thanks for the response. I too suspect tire pressure. What are you running yours at?

3 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

What speeds are you "used"to before? And how long do you ride a 18" wheel?

i would just suspect thats the new speed you are unused to and fatique...i have no prob to get my 18S to 40kmh...but yes, i find that scary, too! 

Always take your time on a new wheel...especially when its such a high horse as the 18S :-)

Just to take out any failures: whats your firmware version?

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

i would just suspect thats the new speed you are unused to and fatique...i have no prob to get my 18S to 40kmh...but yes, i find that scary, too! 

Always take your time on a new wheel...especially when its such a high horse as the 18S :-)

Not to side track the thread.  What kind of ride distances are you guys getting on average from the 18S on a full charge?

27 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Not to side track the thread.  What kind of ride distances are you guys getting on average from the 18S on a full charge?

never did a full discharge, but to give you an idea, I did 15 miles one day and still had 70% battery left on a 840Wh battery.

Just now, eddiemoy said:

never did a full discharge, but to give you an idea, I did 15 miles one day and still had 70% battery left on a 840Wh battery.

Thanks.  If I get one I'll get the biggest capacity battery I can get.  You look much lighter than me so I'm assuming I'd get far less MPG(so to speak).  I'm about 210 right now so I fall into the big boy category in EUC land(working on it though).

Just now, Acturbo said:

Thanks.  If I get one I'll get the biggest capacity battery I can get.  You look much lighter than me so I'm assuming I'd get far less MPG(so to speak).  I'm about 210 right now so I fall into the big boy category in EUC land(working on it though).

yeh, i'm 150lbs.

54 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

If you have the extra money, you may as well go big or go home. However, even if you buy the 840 to save some money, all you have to do is buy the second battery and install it. I have not ridden a full battery yet either.. I started riding at 70% battery, and put around 20 to 25 miles on it and it was at 40% and I'm 255 pounds. 

On 7/19/2017 at 1:44 AM, KingSong69 said:

Just take your time with riding seated!

like you said, it's kind of totally different to standing and i guess a good experience is needed to do it :-)

so the experience will come with time :-)

Bryans videos  are really great videos, but he is driving a 1,5 year old 800watt unit, which has a totally different driving behavior than the 1200Watt versions or the 18S! 

And yip: the 18S is loud...it's sounding a bit like a Star Wars Fighter :-)

My 18S is very quiet. 

10 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

1.02.. I don't see any way to update it. The app only displays the firmware.. doesn't seem to have update capability. 

58 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

1.02.. I don't see any way to update it. The app only displays the firmware.. doesn't seem to have update capability. 

You have a PM!

It has update capability...there is just no update available as until now there is none!

@eddiemoy what is your 18S Firmware Version? i would guess it is 1.01?

9 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Really?

The wheel says run it at 40psi.. and mine is at 33psi.. 

sorry, got confused had to check it again, too many wheels.  it is 40psi.  

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

You have a PM!

It has update capability...there is just no update available as until now there is none!

@eddiemoy what is your 18S Firmware Version? i would guess it is 1.01?

yes, just checked 1.01

34 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

sorry, got confused had to check it again, too many wheels.  it is 40psi.  

yes, just checked 1.01

Thanks!

Yip, me, too 1.01!

I also received my KS-18S today. :D 

And oh my god, what a "monster" of a wheel!!! Coming from the Ninebot One E+ this wheel just keeps on going (such a power:w00t2:!!!) Finally! With the ninebot I was constantly fearing to speed out my wheel. Now I have set alarm 1 and 2 off and alarm 3 on 35kph. 35 is really fast if previous top speed was 24kph! Now I have the feeling I don't need to go any faster.

Because of the much higher speed I was glad I also received my new full face helmet this week (Giro Disciple). I think I would not trust to go this fast with just my previous bicycle helmet. 

I was able to sit on the wheel when I started standing, but I can not start the wheel sitting down. I like to ride seated. At first it was a bit strange, but after standing long, it takes away the numb feeling in my feet.

I also had a few times the wobble at higher speeds. I remember I had the same the first week I rode the Ninebot One E+. Probably this will go away when my body and mind is used to the new wheel and the new speed...

I've put some miles on my MSuper V3s+ and I got some unstability today after I pumped up the tires.  Maybe over inflated a little due to the stupid valve design.  So today I am favoring the KS18S over the MSuper because of the wideness of the wheel it isn't as comfortable a ride as the KS18S.  I really wanted to love it, but the wideness I've not gotten used to.  The square padding is also bad vs the KS tapered design.  

I also feel ~40km/h is fast enough.  Not sure if I will ever go 50km/h when it is unlocked at 1000km's.  

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I've put some miles on my MSuper V3s+ and I got some unstability today after I pumped up the tires.  Maybe over inflated a little due to the stupid valve design.  So today I am favoring the KS18S over the MSuper because of the wideness of the wheel it isn't as comfortable a ride as the KS18S.  I really wanted to love it, but the wideness I've not gotten used to.  The square padding is also bad vs the KS tapered design.  

I also feel ~40km/h is fast enough.  Not sure if I will ever go 50km/h when it is unlocked at 1000km's.  

Interested in selling that MSuper Eddie????? :P

On 8/1/2017 at 9:05 AM, eddiemoy said:

sure, what are you offering? :P

I'd offer fair money if your serious.  Could pick up to avoid shipping.  What is the Wh?

1 minute ago, Acturbo said:

I'd offer fair money if your serious.  Could pick up to avoid shipping.  What is the Wh?

too soon to sell, i was just kidding.  will see if i can get used to it first.  I've only had it for a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

too soon to sell, i was just kidding.  will see if i can get used to it first.  I've only had it for a few weeks.

Bad idea.  Sell first and learn to handle that KS-18.  I'll take care of the other one for you :).

On 7/31/2017 at 3:05 PM, D i c K (ie) said:

I also received my KS-18S today. :D 

And oh my god, what a "monster" of a wheel!!! Coming from the Ninebot One E+ this wheel just keeps on going (such a power:w00t2:!!!) Finally! With the ninebot I was constantly fearing to speed out my wheel. Now I have set alarm 1 and 2 off and alarm 3 on 35kph. 35 is really fast if previous top speed was 24kph! Now I have the feeling I don't need to go any faster.

Because of the much higher speed I was glad I also received my new full face helmet this week (Giro Disciple). I think I would not trust to go this fast with just my previous bicycle helmet. 

I was able to sit on the wheel when I started standing, but I can not start the wheel sitting down. I like to ride seated. At first it was a bit strange, but after standing long, it takes away the numb feeling in my feet.

I also had a few times the wobble at higher speeds. I remember I had the same the first week I rode the Ninebot One E+. Probably this will go away when my body and mind is used to the new wheel and the new speed...

It does go away. I too was plagued with the wobble of death. It would it at about 16mph. Yesterday I was routinely hitting my 20mph alarm with no wobble. 

Archived