How long do you ride without stopping for a break?

Jerome

The other day I did my longest ride without stopping - 13.5 Km. My feet were pretty numb. I stopped because I was running out of battery and can't stand inching along with tilt-back. I figured I could have gone for a few more Km. I don't know what recovery time would have been required for me to do another 13 km, perhaps less than an hour or another day .. don't know. What is the experience of other riders?

The correct shoes goes a long way :) I have to use my thick skateshoes for long rides or else i will not be able to stand afterwards. Jellysoles for even pressure 

12 minutes ago, Jerome said:

The other day I did my longest ride without stopping - 13.5 Km. My feet were pretty numb. I stopped because I was running out of battery and can't stand inching along with tilt-back. I figured I could have gone for a few more Km. I don't know what recovery time would have been required for me to do another 13 km, perhaps less than an hour or another day .. don't know. What is the experience of other riders?

Hello !

:)  If there is a sufficient riding experience, then during the all day trip, there is no tiredness ! You are relaxed on the wheel as a skill to ride .

In a beautiful nature, I've been driving 64km without fatigue . ;)

Yesterday I've been able to ride about 27 km without a break (other than waiting for green lights). When arrived home, I felt that I could easily ride another few kilometers more. And I did it with just about 200 km of total experience. So I think it all depends on how relaxed you are, because I remember how tired I was after riding just few kilometers when I was just beginning to learn ride my wheel. So just relax, enjoy you ride... and don't forget to return home before your battery gets discharged ;-)

I think my post would have been better served if I had ask for the length of time others can spend on the wheel without a break. I rode my E+ for about an hour. With slow downs maneuvering through crowds, I only averaged about 8.5 miles/hour. An hour on a faster wheel might have gotten me twice as far or more. I won't be able to test my limits until I get a wheel with more range. 

8 hours ago, Hansolo said:

100 Km in 5 hours...:D

It is impressive to ride that far on a wheel in one riding session. That's Marty territory. The question is how long did you stay on the wheel between breaks? With the MS3+ you could have ridden for two hours and rested for three.:D

3 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Eating and riding (at the same time)... You're combining my two favourite things!

Please add one more, my most fav one, sleeping:clap3:

Archived