Inmotion V5

high'tems

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on a site that looks like it was translated from Russian (http://bashny.net/t/en/301167):

• Speed: 18 km / h
  • Cruising range: 20-25 km (35-40 km for versions V5 +)
  • Max. angle of elevation: 18 °
  • Protection: IP55
  • Dimensions: mm 481h410h147
  • Weight (without packaging): 11 kg
  • Max . load: 120 kg
  • Price: 40 000 (at the start - 30 000 rubles)
  • Start of sales: September 15, 2015 This is one of the first Global Overview of the device. It is not yet production model and prototype. The first 30 units in Russia will be sold at a special price of 30 000 rubles, then the price will be set at 40,000 rubles. Very affordable, though, and this device class lower than Inmotion V3, for example. V5 does not have any "ribbons" as a wireless smartphone, pull the handle and music speakers.

Very disappointing if the "18 km/h" number is really the typical cheap controller that starts tilt-back at 12 km/h. At 11kg I am guessing this is a 14 inch wheel, so even more likely they are using the cheap controller.

Inmotion H1 coming soon and rest of the Imotion product range: 232756574667136248.thumb.jpg.891d2a5c1a1557544134043096266.thumb.jpg.cbfd29b990b3-150520210T9445.thumb.jpg.ced5cf49c9b13

Don't bother to search for more pictures or reviews about H1. Those are exclusive pictures leaked by wheelyouride.webs.com. Not even officially announced so there is nothing much out there. Please consider ordering all new models when the product development has been finalized. So far V5, L6, V3S are subjected to final tunes in features and specs. All reviews are based on prototype units.All specs that are available so far are subjected to change, so don't judge as yet.

Inmotion branded smart board/hoverboard.

Very disappointing if the "18 km/h" number is really the typical cheap controller that starts tilt-back at 12 km/h. At 11kg I am guessing this is a 14 inch wheel, so even more likely they are using the cheap controller.

What is "the cheap controller"?

There are a ton of cheap off-brand EUCs that seem to use the same controller, or at least controllers with the same limitations that I think were inherited from the years-old original Solowheel design. Wheels that use them advertise as 18kph max speed, but in reality you'll be just about ready to break off your ankles from the tilt-back if you manage to go that fast. The tilt-back starts around 12kph and on my 14-inch wheel I can't ride comfortably at faster than 14kph because of the extreme tilt.

There are a ton of cheap off-brand EUCs that seem to use the same controller, or at least controllers with the same limitations that I think were inherited from the years-old original Solowheel design. Wheels that use them advertise as 18kph max speed, but in reality you'll be just about ready to break off your ankles from the tilt-back if you manage to go that fast. The tilt-back starts around 12kph and on my 14-inch wheel I can't ride comfortably at faster than 14kph because of the extreme tilt.

The top speed of V5 is adjustable to high value so I suppose it is not using a cheap controller.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooh very nice looking.  I like a healthy brand that can do second generation products.

note the round pedals is good.  often when pedals are folded they have the sharp corner at the bottom.  they rounded these pedals all the way around!  looks thick too.

no pull out handle - of course it can't have a pull out handle like the V3 because there's not place for it to telescope inside.  I got the V3 for the handle!  I want to be able to go inside a store with it and pretend like nothing unusual is going on and to shop and have a sort-of publicly acceptable wheel down there on the ground.  When they ask about it my favorite answer now is I say "it's my bike."  With that answer they'll imagine that I rode it to the store and goes places with it - that's what you want them to think.

my guess is the V5 has 14 inch tires.  the V3 has two 12 inch tires by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my test of the inmotion V3 max speed. Tilt back and warning beeps only starts at 18km/h. Turn on CC to see the speed info.

Got confirmation from the Inmotion sales rep today that the v5 (single-wheel) is still a go, planned to be released in December. Tried Alex Segmuller's prototype a couple week's back. It's a pretty decent Wheel, nice build quality, feels very good to ride. Lots of interesting stuff in the pipeline... 

Hello there. I'm a newbie, thanks everyone for this very interesting forum.

@Viktiga You can turn on the subtitles on the video.

The lift button is really a great feature. A good idea that should spread among manufacturers hopefully.

V-"Pyat" ?  From secret Chinese laboratory.  @kloo agree that lift button is a very good idea.

I thought it was oval at first but no, it's round.  They say it's son of Ninebot One, but it is smaller and lighter, yes?  A good alternative 6 lbs lighter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2015/8/20 上午12:51:30, dmethvin said:

It can set to be 25km/h via the APP

24 minutes ago, Viktiga said:

I love the design and the smart functions but the specs are meeh. Can someone buy this and mod it with better motor, battery and controlboard(Or why cant Inmotion do that)?

I like the video too:D

Did you see a morphing EUC in the video? If it really does that, it will sell like hotcakes. :D

44 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Did you see a morphing EUC in the video? If it really does that, it will sell like hotcakes. :D

:D. But seriously why not upgrade the specs? The money for the design is already in the pot, why not try to get some of it back?

6 minutes ago, Viktiga said:

:D. But seriously why not upgrade the specs? The money for the design is already in the pot, why not try to get some of it back?

Yeah, but the price of around 370USD + shipping makes it attractive for park riding and light people. It also comes with the unique handlebar. I prefer the Zero which is much better in all aspects except for the handle bar and the lift button.

Archived