Uniwheel full specs

Mono

@Uniwheel is there a full specs sheet of the Uniwheel available?

I would be interested to know in particular the following:

• are the claimed 1500W rated motor power or maximal power? What is the number comparable to the classical 350/500/800W motors we have seen on the market?
  • pedal dimensions (length and width)
  • pedal ground clearance
  • tyre dimensions (in particular tyre width) and brand
  • weight of the battery pack
  • are the fenders designed to serve as stands the wheel can be put on freestanding?
  • is a trolley handle available as add-on option or considered to be made available? Or DIY solutions? I am aware that the wheel is supposed to turn off when the rider dismounts, but I often push my wheels also turned off, which is still much better than carrying them even at 11kg.
  • EDIT: the FAQ announces a max speed of 18km/h and unlocked 22km/h, is this still up-to-date?

On 06 January 2018 at 5:39 PM, Mono said:

@Uniwheel is there a full specs sheet of the Uniwheel available?

I would be interested to know in particular the following:

• are the claimed 1500W rated motor power or maximal power? What is the number comparable to the classical 350/500/800W motors we have seen on the market?
  • pedal dimensions (length and width)
  • pedal ground clearance
  • tyre dimensions (in particular tyre width) and brand
  • weight of the battery pack
  • are the fenders designed to serve as stands the wheel can be put on freestanding?
  • is a trolley handle available as add-on option or considered to be made available? Or DIY solutions? I am aware that the wheel is supposed to turn off when the rider dismounts, but I often push my wheels also turned off, which is still much better than carrying them.

Seems strange they don't even include the top speed.

Also......has anyone seen/got a retail unit yet? ANYONE?

19 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

For the ideal EUC, this would actually make sense. Warning at 80% or whatever is a good safety measure (which depends on rider weight and battery state etc.) but no fixed "top" speed (not necessary).

But I guess they just don't mention it because the inevitable comparison to the competition would be too obviously bad for them ("20m/h" vs "50km/h") :efef3d5527:

20 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Also......has anyone seen/got a retail unit yet? ANYONE?

I also wondered that. I'd buy one just out of curiosity if I had the money.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But I guess they just don't mention it because the inevitable comparison to the competition would be too obviously bad for them ("20m/h" vs "50km/h") :efef3d5527:

Yeah, I mean if you look at their website, you can SEE the gap in the specs section where they've removed the top speed bit

I think it was 20kph or something but can't remember....it's been so long now lol.

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

Funny that I didn't even recognize. Maybe they hadn't even decided yet on the top speed setting, or changed their mind, or maybe they consider to make top speed dependent on the location and legislation where the wheel is sold. I think the battery has plenty of power, so the possible top speed depends on what the real motor power is. In the end it's more like changing a single line in the code of the controller and/or the app software which was apparently the culprit why it took another year (or two?) to bring the wheel to the market.

EDIT: the FAQ

http://uniwheel.co.uk/support-center

says 18km/h by default and 22km/h unlocked.

6 minutes ago, Mono said:

Funny that I didn't even recognize. Maybe they hadn't even decided yet on the top speed setting, or changed their mind, or maybe they consider to make top speed dependent on the location and legislation where the wheel is sold. I think the battery has plenty of power, so the possible top speed depends on what the real motor power is. In the end it's more like changing a single line in the code of the controller and/or the app software which was apparently the culprit why it took another year (or two?) to bring the wheel to the market.

Yeah but (according to them), this is now a full retail, shipping product. So any changes to code/app/hardware changes must obviously be in place by now.

Again.....you would've thought there'd be SOMEONE who has bought one of these who can report back.....?

11 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Again.....you would've thought there'd be SOMEONE who has bought one of these who can report back.

I remember to have read that the app is available (only) from beginning of 2018. I am quite convinced there will be eventually customer reports coming in. I am not at all convinced they delivered a single wheel in 2017.

9 hours ago, Mono said:

EDIT: the FAQ

http://uniwheel.co.uk/support-center

says 18km/h by default and 22km/h unlocked.

I think that was "copy / pasted" from the spec. for my nana's mobility scooter. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎09‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Paddylaz said:

I'm surprised they didn't add 'invisibility' to the spec sheet. It's a unique feature of the Uniwheel.

That would be the Uncatchable Joe then!

OK, what the hell was that, Bill?
Oh, that's Uncatchable Joe. Nobody has ever managed to catch him, Harry
Why? Is he so fast, Bill?
Nope, that's because nobody cares about him, Harry.

Archived