L.A visit

Imarconi

Hello community!

I’ll be visiting L.A for the first time next week :wub:

I’ll have 2 or maybe 3 days off and I would love to rent an electric scooter (I’m guessing there are no places to rent EUCs :pooping:)

Any recommendations? Also looking recommendations for places to visit, etc.

thanks!

19 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Marty Backe - when you getting that "Rent-An-EUC" side business going?  :w00t2: (charge extra for those reliable King Songs!)

I don't know, I seem to be getting a little more risk averse in my old 'EUC' age. I'm much more hesitant about loaning out my wheels now :huh:

10 minutes ago, Imarconi said:

I heard there is a service in LA, like an Uber for electric scooters, but you go and pick them up instead of the scooters coming to you.

anyone knows about this? :roflmao:

Up here in San Francisco there is a company called Scoot Networks that has small, red, electric scooters all over the central areas of the city. $3/hour. I don't believe Scoot has made it down to Los Angeles yet, though.

1 minute ago, who_the said:

Up here in San Francisco there is a company called Scoot Networks that has small, red, electric scooters all over the central areas of the city. $3/hour. I don't believe Scoot has made it down to Los Angeles yet, though.

Ah! This seems what I heard of!

well! It will have to be a regular bike then!

:efeee20b79:

15 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That could be a good idea! 

So! Where do I go? What should I visit? Being around the beach is the more appealing to me!

1 hour ago, Imarconi said:

I heard there is a service in LA, like an Uber for electric scooters, but you go and pick them up instead of the scooters coming to you.

anyone knows about this? :roflmao:

There are several places in LA to rent electric bicycles.  Here is one of them.http://www.laflyrides.com/bike-rentals/  Looks like it would be fun.  They also can recommend good places to see.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know, I seem to be getting a little more risk averse in my old 'EUC' age. I'm much more hesitant about loaning out my wheels now :huh:

But... But... You're my "go to" guy to hook me up when I hit LA. 

Perhaps if I get an extra KS18L to use in the States, you would store it for me instead? Though it would require regular use to maintain the battery. 

For Santa Monica Pier/boardwalk area, check out BIRD electric scooter rentals...

Also, you might be interested in WAIVE CAR but you may have to check with them about foreign drivers licence...

You'll need to download the apps for each of course. I use Waive car fairly regularly but haven't used the Bird scooter yet.

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But... But... You're my "go to" guy to hook me up when I hit LA. 

Perhaps if I get an extra KS18L to use in the States, you would store it for me instead? Though it would require regular use to maintain the battery. 

It's just that I've had my share of wheel problems, so I'm getting fatigued with maintenance issues. So loaning out wheels with the potential for additional wear-and-tear is less appealing to me now.

Of course you have family here so they could store a wheel for you. That's a big expense though :(

Archived