Kingsong - new app

Kimosabi

I installed the iOS app on my iPhone. With my new KS16S it pairs easily; have used it to change speed limit to 35kph, change the warning thresholds and play with ring and headlights. It is not entirely logical in operation but does basic functions well as far as I can tell. I do wish the units could be changed from metric to imperial. 

Just now, gonnabiff said:

I installed the iOS app on my iPhone. With my new KS16S it pairs easily; have used it to change speed limit to 35kph, change the warning thresholds and play with ring and headlights. It is not entirely logical in operation but does basic functions well as far as I can tell. I do wish the units could be changed from metric to imperial. 

Did you have to paste a code to register the wheel?  That's the thing that is holding me back from buying a Kingsong.  I don't know how to copy and paste on a phone.  I can do it on a laptop using Google.

I've read that Wheelog and other apps can be used on Android, but it would be nice to have the official app.  I'm not very tech savvy with computers and phones.

My main concern is, would I be able to set the pedal tilt angle with an app that is not the Kingsong app.  Could I calibrate the wheel?

There is no wheel registration on the iOS KingSong app. To unlock the speed increase you need to use the number the app tells you (wheel's Bluetooth MAC address or similar techy thingy) on another website and then enter the number that website generates, which I did with manual entry. I don't know how the app will handle firmware updates; my KS16S came with 1.02 and as far as I know that is the latest with no update planned or required. I have not messed with calibrating the wheel because I don't want to screw up something working fine right now. I think from your post that you use Android? Copy and paste is pretty simple with iOS on iPhone or iPad.

8 minutes ago, gonnabiff said:

I think from your post that you use Android? Copy and paste is pretty simple with iOS on iPhone or iPad.

Interesting:huh:

It's probably simple with Android, too, I just don't know how to do it.:(  Oh, well, if I have to, I'll figure it out.:furious:  I feel dumb.:facepalm:

Are you familiar with RTFM? : ) For goodness sake don't feel dumb; if the UI software engineers didn't make it simple and intuitive then they failed. I ignored PCs and waited for a Mac in 1984 because it was the first computer smart enough to use.

2 hours ago, gonnabiff said:

Thank you gonnabiff. Curious, were you upgrading from the old app or downloading the app as a new user? Just wondering if it saves the unlocked speed setting.

The app had been removed from App Store when I received my wheel. So I did not have a prior installation, and do not know if what is currently available and I am using has fixed the flaws of removed app or is a reversion to before the flaws appeared. It was very simple to use the website to provide my unlocking code and then enter it, if you need to do it over again.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:28 AM, gonnabiff said:

my KS16S came with 1.02 and as far as I know that is the latest with no update planned or required.

Justina wrote that a new firmware was well on the way I think already two months ago. It was said to concentrate on the riding modes. Unfortunately haven’t read about that rumor since.

Believe that may have been for KS14S which prematurely rolled down tilt back while still at high charge state. Jason’s post explains in detail. He has told me that the 16S does not have that flaw and he is not aware of any firmware updates. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, fryman said:

I have a 16s and I installed V5 of the kingsong app and I can not pair it with my android phone to play music though the speakers. V4 worked.

For the music function the app is not needed at all.....

Normally you just have to pair once in the general bluetooth settings, where you should see "KingsongMusic". Perhaps just unpair/restart/reset bluetooth settings?

Archived