Rehab1

I went back to the automotive proving grounds today and spent 2 1/2 hours setting up drones and cameras while riding up and down their 20% grade hill. I took along the whole family of wheels that included the Gotway ACM 1600, KingSong 16S, Inmotion V8, Inmotion V5F+ and my little 10" Gotway Luffy. 

I have never went down the 20 % grade, only up it a few weeks back, so I was a bit nervous at first but after practicing dozens of times on the ACM 1600 earlier in the day it became natural. I was able to transverse both the 20 % and 30% grades with the ACM that allowed me to gather temperature data that I will share later.

The ACM 1600 did outperform the other wheels ( including Luffy :)) but that was to be expected given the excellent torque and power the ACM possesses. 

I apologize for the background noise during the first few minutes as they were cutting grass on the complex.

43 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Awesome video. Nice job. Based on your closing comments I get the impression you were you disappointed with the 16S performance. Am I misinterpreting your tone/wording?

Thank you! No I really do like the KS16S but was hoping it had a bit more torque. That's ok as I will not be climbing hills of that size grade very often. :)

Looking forward to seeing any ACM temp data that you got. With those hills you should have been able to really drive the temperature up high.

BTW, am I correct in surmising that you like to run your wheels on the lower pressure end? At least that's how it looks from the video. I'm not judging, just curious :)

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looking forward to seeing any ACM temp data that you got. With those hills you should have been able to really drive the temperature up high.

A nice data graph was produced! The temperature definitely spiked! What probe do you think topped out....motor wires coming out of the axle or the bullet connector? I just finished the other video and the graph. The 30% hill grade was a bear. 

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, am I correct in surmising that you like to run your wheels on the lower pressure end? At least that's how it looks from the video. I'm not judging, just curious :)

40 psi is my average. A few wheels might have been low. What psi do you average?

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

A nice data graph was produced! The temperature definitely spiked! What probe do you think topped out....motor wires coming out of the axle or the bullet connector? I just finished the other video and the graph. The 30% hill grade was a bear. 

40 psi is my average. A few wheels might have been low. What psi do you average?

I'm sticking with my original prediction - that the wires would be hotter near the connectors than what's coming out of the axle.

When I fill my tires I top them up to the max specified on the side of the tire. 45psi for the ACM and MSuper, 65psi for the KS14C.  This is a very personal choice due to how it affects the ride.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm sticking with my original prediction - that the wires would be hotter near the connectors than what's coming out of the axle.

:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When I fill my tires I top them up to the max specified on the side of the tire. 45psi for the ACM and MSuper, 65psi for the KS14C.  This is a very personal choice due to how it affects the ride.

I purchase one of those nice little electric pumps with a digital gauge that a member commented on earlier. I filled the tires a few weeks ago but I should have checked the pressure today. 

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thank you! No I really do like the KS16S but was hoping it had a bit more torque. That's ok as I will not be climbing hills of that size grade very often. :)

Maybe that is a result of the 67v system. All the other wheels (excluding the Luffy) are 84v right?

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Maybe that is a result of the 64v system. All the other wheels (excluding the Luffy) are 84v right?

The ACM is the only 84v wheel. All of the others are 64v.  Here is a little chart I threw together.

wheel models.JPG

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wonderful! That was a lot of effort, especially the filming (attempts - bad drone!).

Thanks buddy! Actually the filming was not that bad. Yes It would be easier to have a second person but the tripod worked out great even with the slight wind sway. I just left the camera on the top of the hill until I was done filming.

The drone just kept loosing me. It did not like me turning around.  It was able to follow me easily on the oval track a few weeks back.

6 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

The V8 is 84v. 99% sure the  V5f+ is too.

Edit: confirmed V5f is 84v on ewheels.com

You are correct sir! I checked the chargers and they are 84v. I had this mindset that they both were 67v. New Chart.:)

chart2.JPG

Archived