Anatomy of an overlean

Chriull

1 hour ago, jancellor said:

However, I think we agree the relationship between inverter_load and torque margin is still true even if I was wrong to equate it to duty cycle (I should have realised this was irrelevant and stopped asking about it).

Yes. My personal guess would be equality to inverter load, maybe a bit different to the number i had choosen. And at least an as good number to qualify torque margin.

The "special case" of 0% duty cycle was quite irrelevant (imho) for this result - just i seemed to need it for my personal understanding...

So many thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, jancellor said:

Okay I'll go away and make sure I understand multi-phase BLDC so I'm not just confusing the discussion asking for explanations.

Once you understand this please give me/us links/explanations! I just (think to) know some basics as they were relevant. Different braking modes are still quite some mystery and just guesses/rumours around without in depth details/knowledge.

@EcoDrift, @Jason McNeil, @Inmotion Global - as i found the "inverter_load" value reported by KS wheels is a great measure of overall wheel load/safety margin and @jancellor just found that this value is (very, very, very most likely)  the duty cycle (1) of the inverter we think this info should be spread to all manufacturers so riding safety/warning quality can be improved for all riders!

...if this is not already used/about ready to be used by them! ...

@Jack King Song - besides a big thanks to KS (developers) to implement such a great warning mechanism, do you plan on maybe making the limit adjustable? So that more prudent riders could get warnings from the buzzer already below 88%? (With quite full acceleration the prewarning time gets very low - as @DjPanJan tested on his KS16X(uninjured!, but with the help of two big dogs :ph34r:))

Or even two individual settable alarm limits?!

For more detailed info what's this all about and one does not want to read the whole topic - from this post on it gets "interesting": 

(1) the factor between battery and motor voltage/current.

• Like 3