EXCLUSIVE: 800W King Song

Jason McNeil

Around two months ago I was visiting China on an unrelated business trip & was invited by lovely Tina Wong to visit the King Song factory in Shenzhen. A month earlier I was considering the option to distribute the King Song product range, since it seemed to offer many of the advantages of the Gotway eWheels, but with the added bonus of improved safety, front/rear LEDs & USB charging. The testing eWheel they sent me was a 680Wh 500W motor, with an electronically controlled top speed of 25kph.

The raw power of the beast was mightily impressive, what's remarkable about these eWheels is that they seem to possess both high torque while also capable of high RPM (this is on the 500W model). There were some small niggling issues, such as what I believed to be an insufficient level of water proofing between the shell elements, USB cap, the quality of the app, packaging etc. I wrote to Tina about these & she was exceptional (among mfgs) about taking my feedback to enhance the product.

Going back to that China business trip, during the end of the factory tour, I was told that they were developing a special edition 800W motor version with a higher top speed, with even better operating performance. From what I saw of their operation, I didn't need to be asked twice if I was interested in being their launch customer for this new model, so signed up immediately then & there.

It's taken some time to get the development completed & the recent delays of the air-freight have not helped matters, but after nearly two anxious months of waiting, I am very pleased to report that the initial impressions are very favourable! A full review will follow over the next couple days...  

20150731_131707.thumb.jpg.b734e64461885c

New box design with a 500W/800W designation. A unique model number will probably be issued to distinguish the different flavours..

20150731_131747.thumb.jpg.d83c84ba95081b

Nice box box design with the Wheel prominently shown. Notice the Red accents on the side, I actually much prefer the all black, as shipped.

20150731_131754.thumb.jpg.3be5a283d70d9c

Bundled with the training-strap, 2A 67.2A charger (more on this later) & an instruction manual.

20150731_131824.thumb.jpg.d74218c2b3d087

Wheel is wrapped in a nice, easy to access side protection, much better to get at than the trying to open, say the Ninebot One, without damage to the packaging. 

20150731_131902.thumb.jpg.465e0ddf935149

And there she is in all her glory. If you're worrying about the strength of the shell, please don't; there's another post about this, but basically it's indestructible..  

20150731_131909.thumb.jpg.ac4ad5104c021c

Side view of the rear. There is a front/back setup, which effects both the pedal tilt angle & the LEDs are only headlight & red tail-light.

Hi

Thanks for the packaging pictures :-)

will be nice you tell us a little more about the security bonus they added , are you talking about the light or the comportement of the wheel ? what about the BMS  and staff like that ??

What happen when you're on max speed for exemple, only bip ?? Pedals going up ???  can the motor could just cut  if higher temperature ?

There're more expensive than Ninebot so it will be great to have some water resistant materiel too , did they fix it ?

What's going to be  public prices  for this 3 references ?? 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to ride the 800w! They have been very popular on our site for the introduction in the US.

@Sam Clegg

The battery is fixed in place in all 800w models at this time. Same dimensions as the 500w models with fixed batteries.

Same here. I have to wait a few weeks. I feel like a little kid with all this anticipation. This is my 1st EUC. I liked the "all black"- no red LED covers look so much (even though it came that way in the box) I contacted my dealer and asked him to make sure they know I wanted ALL black. He said no problem. Man, 2 weeks seems like forever right now, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived