Asking for power

FrenchieEUC

Hello guys this is my very first topic.

I'm going to take my new Msuper 2 to go around the Netherlands this summer (because of the bike roads going all around)

I was wondering if any of you have ever asked an establishment (bar, restaurant) if you could charge your wheel a bit while you drink/eat/etc... 

I ask this because I want to do as few stops as possible but i might be short a kilometer or two, I have 2 friends in cities far away from one another and I can almost make it in one full charge, I've been there ad seen some friendly people but if they all refuse I'd be obligated to drag it for a while (which sucks)

Any feedback on third party power sources are much appreciated. 

thank you <3

You don't have a Starbucks there to charge from?

Here, in the USA, coffee shops are for people 100% on their laptops/smartphones, plugged in, about as quiet as a library, for zoombies posting on social media.

Try your local Starbucks. Don't ask; just plug in, tuck the wheel under your seat, then pull out your laptop. You'll be just fine.

Shouldn't be a problem. There is generally no objections against charging, whether its a laptop or a wheel, but best to announce it to your host. Another bonus: you don't need to bring a socket adapter, because they're the same as in France.

It may help to explain your host that charing will cost them (far) less than 10ct per hour on their electricity bill and you will of course pay... 

Hello Frenchie,

Along the coast there are several places for uploading.

Ment for eletric bikes, but it's for free use and having a consuption it'sn o problem at all.

If you have coffee ore so in a restaurant like place, just ask polite if you can charge you're wheel.

Almost always they show you a place whre you can charge the wheel.

We did a few group rides here in holland, a needed to charge the wheel somewhere.

Till now no problems whatever, and i'm from holland so 1st hand experience ;)

Hope you have a save and good holiday, and the cycle pads  are great ( most of the time ).

There are not much, but several wheelers from north to south.

So if you wanne have some company parth of the ride, let us now.

Maybe some of us lives near you're route.

( and hope you als speek english :( )

On 7/7/2017 at 10:14 PM, Tech Nossomy said:

Another bonus: you don't need to bring a socket adapter, because they're the same as in France.

Yep another advantage of Europe

@LanghamP Yeah my buddy from there said mac donalds also had some power to share so far so good :D

thanks for all the helpful insight

On 7/8/2017 at 11:27 PM, gotmotion2016 said:

If you have coffee ore so in a restaurant like place, just ask polite if you can charge you're wheel.

Almost always they show you a place whre you can charge the wheel.

Ha yes i'm familiar with the Dutch hospitality (always there to help and all that, it's my 5th time in the netherlands) I just didn't know it was apllicable to wheels, and now I can observe all those bicycles up close :) 

On 7/8/2017 at 11:27 PM, gotmotion2016 said:

There are not much, but several wheelers from north to south.

So if you wanne have some company parth of the ride, let us now.

Yeah why not ! I'll be going from utrecht to amsterdam and maybe lelystad not sure yet

Yes, after 5 times you should now a bit of the dutch hospitality  i asume.:)

Well write if if you come to holland,  around which date.

Maybe people have time to go along a bit, there 2 wheelers in Almere.

And a least one in Amsterdam, so there is a chance.

Have anyway a nice holiday, and hope you and the wheel arrive save!

Archived