IPS i5, new model

EUCMania

11 hours ago, EUCMania said:

I just found this on youtube

There's already a lot of discussion on this in the IPS section of the forum - several threads ongoing for the past few weeks.  I am really digging this wheel, big time.  I am looking forward to seeing some forum members get their hands on it and put it to the test.

16 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

There's already a lot of discussion on this in the IPS section of the forum - several threads ongoing for the past few weeks.  I am really digging this wheel, big time.  I am looking forward to seeing some forum members get their hands on it and put it to the test.

I like the concepts they have put together. Greatly done. But not for me. 

Every design has a purpose. SUV, sports cars, super cars, minivan.  The same goes for EUC. This one it's like a SMART car or a MINI COOPER.  It's cute and easy to move around the city. Not for me. But great design. 

I like more the practical sports car like a BMW or Mercedes. A Ferrari would be really cool but cannot afford multiple cars.  So I want something that gets me around and it's reliable but has some horse power and it's not fragile. 

5 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Just checked tracking and out test models are only four days out! Let me know what you want to know and we will put together a comprehensive video.

On 2017-06-10 at 4:10 AM, Trey Lewis said:

Just checked tracking and out test models are only four days out! Let me know what you want to know and we will put together a comprehensive video.

That would be brilliant, Trey. Here are a few things that come to mind:

1: Real world range

2. Confirmation of the weight

3. How does it handle hills?

4. Are the lights bright enough to ride at night?

5. How quiet is it? Like a near-silent Ninebot or the annoying whine of a Gotway.

I am really looking forward to your review!

56 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

That would be brilliant, Trey. Here are a few things that come to mind:

1: Real world range

2. Confirmation of the weight

3. How does it handle hills?

4. Are the lights bright enough to ride at night?

5. How quiet is it? Like a near-silent Ninebot or the annoying whine of a Gotway.

I am really looking forward to your review!

Added them all to the list!

On 6/10/2017 at 3:10 AM, Trey Lewis said:

I'm very interested in this wheel too as I would consider it to be an "extreme" wheel, like an MSuper or a Monster except in the opposite direction towards portability and tiny form factor. While I love cruising and commuting on my wheels (wheels have got to be the only vehicle that invariably increases the commute distance as one attempts to explore streets not gone on before), I think this wheel works as an "invisible" wheel whereby gets out of your way when you're not riding it.

Therefore I propose you test it using an entirely different criteria than normal enthusiast wheels.

--How easy is it to text and talk while riding it on a sidewalk with pedestrians? I'm not kidding; if it's hard to balance at low speeds and notices bumps then that's not good.

--Learnability assuming one has no experience at all with wheels.

--You ran out of power. Now light it around for the rest of the day.

--What size backpack/duffle bag/Laptop sleeve do I need for this?

--Ease of cleaning the dirt FF the wheel. I actually see using a slick or a semi slick tire to be very appropriate as they pick up less dirt and debris.

--Two-handed carry. I've wondered why wheels are so hard to carry two-handed especially if one hand is on the handle.

--Lay-flat on the front seat? Or stand up between or to the side of seats?

Archived