Does anyone else find that at full speed the knee pads are not far enough forward?  At lower speeds they are ok but at maximum they fall behind my knees.  I have tried bending the knee bar slightly but all I did was put a flat spot in the front of the curved section.  I don't think I actually got it to bend.  I have seen one person mention this but most people seem to not have a problem with it.  I am wondering if height and weight factor into it.  I'm 5'9 and of slim build.  Perhaps for heavier guys the minipro leans further forward at max speed, bringing the knee pads forward more.

It's fine for me at full speed but can go behind me on a steep hill. I'm 6 feet tall and I use the knee bar in the all the way down position. Anything higher is annoying and I give it more steering input than I would like.

I have my steering bar at the over-knee level and that seems to be the most comfortable position for me. It can go a little behind me on steeper hills but not otherwhise. I am 5'9 tall. I think most of it depends on getting used to ride it. Bending your knees too much and I can see the bar gets behind you.

11 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

Does anyone else find that at full speed the knee pads are not far enough forward?  At lower speeds they are ok but at maximum they fall behind my knees.

Could this be related to tilt back? 

Yeah tiltback happens when you hit maximum, but I am talking about when cruising at just under the limiter, before it beeps and starts to tilt back.  I wonder if I may not be heavy enough to keep it leaning forward just a fraction more so that the knee pads are still well between my knees.  It would be great if we could adjust the default angle so that it isn't level, as can be done with some EUCs.  I know this would result in the MiniPro not staying still when left on it's own and powered on (it would roll forward and run away), but I could live with that.  I tried calibrating the unit with the foot pad tilted forward but after it completes it just levels out perfectly again, so I'm not sure what calibration actually does.  On some EUCs you can use calibration to make the unit think it's level when it's actually tilted forward or backward, in order to get the most comfortable riding angle for you.

I appreciate that someone has tried to offer a solution but I hope someone releases a production quality one. I would be happy if I could just bend my knee bar forward an inch, but bending triangular aluminium tubing is beyond the capability of the tools I have available. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2017 at 2:56 AM, Kfirhe said:

I had the same problem,so i designed a solution-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282240749290?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Disclaimer-i sell this item.

best,

Kfirrer

I did get one of these a year or so back, but the precision of it and the cheap screws prevented me from trying it because shortly after I got it the new firmware reduced the severe tilt back so the pad position was less of an issue.  However after 800km now it does still bother me because I'm riding off road a fair bit, or on otherwise challenging terrain, where my knees are quite bent.  So I decided to give this adapter a try,  the plastic was soft enough that the poor precision of the mounting holes was easily corrected.  It's happily mounted now., but I have to wait until tomorrow to give it a road test. I don't see any reason it won't be an improvement.  I've seen some pretty good 3D printing, but I don;'t know if the seller of this device has improved the quality or price on this item yet.  I wonder if the design of the Mini-Plus addresses this issue?

Just to report back, that the adapter did make a nice improvement in the position of the pads.  i feel they could even be a bit more forward.  It would be a nice upgrade to have some adjustment in the position, another opportunity missed by Ninebot for the MiniPlus.

Have you played with the bottom sensor setting on the app? It adjusts how far the unit 'leans forward'? Default is 3.2 on mine, and as you set it down to -2 the miniplus tilts further backwards. I usually have mine set at 5, so the tilt-back is not so annoying... it still tilts back, but your feet don't end up vertical :(

18 hours ago, trevmar said:

Have you played with the bottom sensor setting on the app? It adjusts how far the unit 'leans forward'? Default is 3.2 on mine, and as you set it down to -2 the miniplus tilts further backwards. I usually have mine set at 5, so the tilt-back is not so annoying... it still tilts back, but your feet don't end up vertical :(

Interesting... No, I have not actually played with that.  The firm ware I have does not seem to have the aggressive tiltback like it did at one time, except if you go into training mode.  I don't use the app much as I hate it annoying me ever 3 seconds to update.  I just use it to capture my mileage and battery usage after each ride.  I might look into that control, I've not noticed it in the past.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:43 PM, FreeRide said:

Interesting... No, I have not actually played with that.  The firm ware I have does not seem to have the aggressive tiltback like it did at one time, except if you go into training mode.  I don't use the app much as I hate it annoying me ever 3 seconds to update.  I just use it to capture my mileage and battery usage after each ride.  I might look into that control, I've not noticed it in the past.

The control doesn't so much adjust the amount of tilt-back, as the 'horizontal position' of the foot pads. It sets the point to which the unit adjusts itself when you are stationary on it (not going forward or back).

1 hour ago, trevmar said:

The control doesn't so much adjust the amount of tilt-back, as the 'horizontal position' of the foot pads. It sets the point to which the unit adjusts itself when you are stationary on it (not going forward or back).

Understood.  I don't have the severe tiltback issue anymore, I'm moving the pad forward just to compensate for my posture.  I'm not sure that control is going to do anything I want, but if I'm messing with the app one day I might give it a try and purposely mis-align the horizontal.

I must keep the knee pads well below the knees and even in that position the tilt back only offers the very front edge for me to navigate with and causes concern that at any moment I could be at a loss of control because of it. Once, I had the knee pads adjusted over the knees. I was going down a curvy slight decline and the tilt back was so aggressive that the pads slipped behind my knees causing me to lose control as I had no ability to steer. It was either go off trail into a thicket of thorny bushes or jump. Of course I jumped and the MiniPro went skittering off into said bushes. I find myself needing aggressive steering control at top speed and it just isn't there. If cars were built on the same principle, the steering wheel would move farther away from you the faster you go until you can't reach it anymore. That'll keep you at a safe speed....not.

It's ridiculous that a firmware update has not been developed and released to address the speed and tilt back issues that many have complained about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 8:40 PM, Syber7 said:

I must keep the knee pads well below the knees ....

That is how they are designed to be positioned though. 

Maybe I've controlled my acceleration these days, but I just don't get the major tiltbacks I use to get.  Still it is a bit of a flaw in the over all design of the knee controller if the device is able to remove them from your knees.  It would be good to see a mechanical solution to this problem as well as any software updates needed for different circumstances.

Archived