What a time to be alive...

Cerbera

I was out on my Gotway MS3 the other day, which had just flawlessly transported me over all sorts of hostile terrain in horrible weather, and at exhilarating speeds, and I was suddenly overcome with gratitude that I was lucky enough to be born in a technological age where such things are possible. Quite apart from the staggering odds we have all overcome to be alive at all, this was an extra level of appreciation that I am alive now, in a world where I can get merrily transported along on a one-wheeled hoverboard-stylee machine. I have always appreciated this, but during my ride yesterday the feeling sort of descended over me like a warm ethereal glow, and I couldn't stop smiling to myself as I wheeled my way back home.

So am I mental, or has anyone else had anything similar ? :)

I think EUC's are doing pretty well if we're still getting that sort of blissful joy in a ride after 4 years of doing it...

CBR

I've had a moment like yours too. Some people near a bus stop were talking about how they were going to steal my wheel away from me. I've noticed that when going slow on an EUC people tend to have time to think about what it really is and how it can relate to their personal needs among other things. So, I can remember them saying somthing like "hey how much you think we can get if we take that from this guy?" they were using slang but thats the jist of the conversation. As, soon as I accelerated really fast i heard whoow! They thought they had a chance of steal my wheel. At that point, it felt great owning a fast wheel and to have the convenience, of course, of having such a technology. So, yeah. I get it ;)

3 hours ago, swvision said:

So, I can remember them saying somthing like "hey how much you think we can get if we take that from this guy?" they were using slang but thats the jist of the conversation.

That sounds rather like a pretty sad and depressing conversation I wouldn't be excited at all to overhear.

We should have a anti-theft device build into the EUC that allow you to track where it is and how fast it is moving, and LOCK it, even short circuit it.when you want. So, they will get many face plants when they do joy riding. OOps, most of them are too lazy or too stupid to learn anything useful and legal. So do this prank in a hoverboard. 

2 hours ago, EUCMania said:

So, they will get many face plants when they do joy riding.

That would be aggravated assault (if you do it on purpose) and that is much worse than simple theft :(

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

So am I mental, or has anyone else had anything similar ? :)

If you consider that a mental attitude then move over and make room for another patient ...me! :huh:

3 hours ago, Mono said:

That would be aggravated assault (if you do it on purpose) and that is much worse than simple theft :(

Yeah, but also quite funny (just deserts and all that :) )

10 hours ago, swvision said:

"hey how much you think we can get if we take that from this guy?

Wow.:o No wonder you high-tailed it outta there...makes me glad I live where that sort of thing just doesn't happen...

6 hours ago, EUCMania said:

We should have a anti-theft device build into the EUC that allow you to track where it is and how fast it is moving, and LOCK it, even short circuit it.when you want. So, they will get many face plants when they do joy riding. OOps, most of them are too lazy or too stupid to learn anything useful and legal. So do this prank in a hoverboard. 

I shouldn't condone it, but there is a bait-bike video doing the rounds involving a 'hoverboard' which I absolutely wouldn't advise watching, although it is hilarious :)

6 hours ago, Mono said:

Oops, I was trying to hit the tracker button on the app, I might have accidentally hit the turn off button by accident.;)  I wish I had a bigger phone, and the sun was in my eyes.

On 02/02/2017 at 0:21 PM, Cerbera said:

I think EUC's are doing pretty well if we're still getting that sort of blissful joy in a ride after 4 years of doing it...

quite an early adopter it seems! Out of curiosity, how many different wheels were available 4 years ago and which one was your first?

46 minutes ago, Mono said:

quite an early adopter it seems! Out of curiosity, how many different wheels were available 4 years ago and which one was your first?

Only the early Airwheels (and few dodgy clones of it) were available (apart from solowheel, which was far too expensive).

I went for the Airwheel X5, and was very happy with it until its battery crapped out on me 3 years later, and I really struggled to find a replacement.

Of course the Gotway I have now is in a different league, but for what it was, when it was, and for the price it was (£599), I was very happy with it, and it served me well for far longer than I expected.

Archived