Am I riding this wrong?

Samuel White

12 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Those cheap  generic wheels are usually underpowered and have a small battery. I remember when I first had my Fastwheel Eva Pro a year and a half ago. I did not order any training wheels and learned after watching some YouTube videos and by trial and error. I ordered training wheels after my first day of frustrated learning. By the time they arrived a week later I never even  needed the training wheels. 

Anyway, to get to the point, I then put on the training wheels and felt I had to lean forward harder to make the EUC move forward. Since your brain is used to leaning excessively with the training wheels on, when you do try to move forward without the training wheels, you overlean on the cheap low battery powered EUC. This leads to either overexerting the underpowered motor and / or overdraining  the cheap low battery capacity to the point of the EUC shutting off. I remember watching a video of someone used to riding a real EUC like the King Song 14C and then trying the Fastwheel Eva Pro. He made the Fastwheel accidentally shutoff when he overleaned having been used to the King Song's  responsiveness. 

Next time you get on your Mooho and you are moving, try leaning very slightly forward with just your feet to accelerate. Your mind has probably been used to leaning your whole body forward since you learned with training wheels on. Just my 2 cents. 

I've thought about trying that quite a bit. Will have to see how it works.

19 hours ago, Samuel White said:

It was given as a gift. It says "Mohoo" on the side.

The "Mohoo" wheel is known to be ....sometimes totally crap....Sorry! There is another guy here on this Forum, also having some bad falls and injures on his "mohoo"....And not all "Mohoo" are this "huanxi" which some say is good....Search for mohoo here on the Forum! Some used it as beginner wheel, but you can have bad luck with its batteries.....and.If you cant go faster than 2mph something is very wrong!

It has a very, very weak Motor, some Mohoo have bad Batterie cells and Batterie capacity and also the BMS (BatterieManagementSystem) is configured so that it goes more for Batterie safety than for rider safety!

The BMS Needs at least to be "shunted"....Search for this term also here!

But: If you are really interested in riding a EUC (and doing that safely) i would advise to buy a wheel from a brand that is known to be reliable!

That would be allwheel from KingSong, Inmotion, Gotway or from IPS the Lhotz.... 

In the Long term you will not be happy with your mohoo....at least not when it is making such Problems from the start!!!

3 hours ago, Mono said:

what is wrong with the Zero? 

Very weak...announcement of a wheel to go 30kmh with batterie under 340wh??? lot of cut out claims over 25kmh..which is no wonder 

russian tests proved some mysterious behavior over 18kkmh....going down with power by half....

to name some of the downsides...

in general -ME personal- would not claim IPS anymore a top notch producer....as they have since 1,5 years no new product and not even one wheel over 340wh....

the Lhotz -as it comes out 15 months ago- ...was great...but that was the last we heard from IPS.

my 2 cents...

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

russian tests proved some mysterious behavior over 18kkmh....going down with power by half....

Well, considering how those russians tested, this behaviour can not be stated from the results. See the video for yourself, the only possibly valid figure obtained in those tests is the maximum power output.

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

in general -ME personal- would not claim IPS anymore a top notch producer....as they have since 1,5 years no new product and not even one wheel over 340wh....

There is still the IPS 151 aka T680+ with 16" tire and 680 Wh battery, @Jurgen is very fond of it:

18 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

announcement of a wheel to go 30kmh with batterie under 340wh

like the Gotway MCM2, or this

https://store.urban360.com/produit/gotway-urban-mcm4-v2-340wh/

both IMHO decent enough wheels. So I don't see anything particularly wrong with that, besides that I would avoid to go 30km/h with any 14" wheel. The largest currents from the battery are taken at low speed, not at high speed, so high speed safety is rather not a question of battery capacity.

Can I add some input ?

A year ago I'd been riding a generic 14 inch called 'Step n Roll' . Climbing hills too fast would power off the board and send me stumbling forward. I think I face planted on training wheels while enjoying the ride down an incline which exceeded the bot's ability to provide both power and self balancing. Bumping it into a curb and a typical stumbling dismount sent it back to Texas for repairs. I got tired of having my expectations fall short of the machines best performance. A 5 mile range in cold weather was also an issue. I bought a Ninebot in June of last year and enjoy the higher quality, larger wheel diameter, higher torque motor and longer ride on a bigger battery. Speed has been sufficient for my needs. Riding more slowly but with greater control can be fun as well as a confidence booster.

While learning the generic 14 inch EUC I made a few movies which demonstrate about the best ride I could achieve (very wobbly).

If you have a Google account use the URL to access a folder of pics and movies of the generic 14 inch wheel.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B07we0osMR1zcDNWOHBkZGVmcHc

Good luck. Have fun. Try not to get hurt.

This is me a few months after giving up the 14 inch generic for a Ninebot One E+ costing about 3x as much as the 14 inch generic. It handles the bumbs better, is faster, etc.

The music is synth Irish Reels used to add audio to the soundless EUC ride recording.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 4:30 PM, Slaughthammer said:

Well, considering how those russians tested, this behaviour can not be stated from the results. See the video for yourself, the only possibly valid figure obtained in those tests is the maximum power output.

There is still the IPS 151 aka T680+ with 16" tire and 680 Wh battery, @Jurgen is very fond of it:

IPS seems rather conservative, which means solid and reliable and IMO relatively safe. But they are far from leading edge now. It's correct what @KingSong69 said, they have not really innovated anything > 1,5 years now.  I've given them about an extensive list of feature the ideal wheel should have, about 8 months ago. 1/3 of these features should be relative easy upgrades. It's strange because the market is driven by 'innovator' and 'early adopter' type customers, once the company lags behind too much, they can pretty much forget about securing a significant market share, just take a look at the number of discussion per brand on this forum, this pretty much gives you an idea on how things stand marketing wise.

I'm in the market for a new 16" wheel around the summer, but it's very probably not going to be an IPS....

On 12/30/2016 at 11:35 PM, KingSong69 said:

Very weak...announcement of a wheel to go 30kmh with batterie under 340wh??? lot of cut out claims over 25kmh..which is no wonder 

to name some of the downsides...

the Lhotz -as it comes out 15 months ago- ...was great...but that was the last we heard from IPS.

my 2 cents...

the T680+ is 680Wh but very much old school on the outside, very few people even know it exists.

I only found out when I directly contacted the company with the request for a 680Wh Lhotz....

Archived