Do I Look Like a Terrorist?

Rehab1

Do I look like a terrorist? 

I fabricated a special holster for my Mavic Drone controller so I can ride around on my EUC without having to hold onto the controller when it is in Auto Track mode. I found my balance was somewhat impeded during moves like going in reverse and sharp turns. So here is what I came up with. Unfortunately the last picture  speaks volumes of why I might be mistaken for someone running around with a bomb straped to my waist! Remember the Clock Boy and the trouble he got into? Maybe I will get a chance to meet Obama! Thoughts?

Photos show the preparation of taking a plaster mold of the Mavic controller through the final product which is basically a holster of sorts made out of silicone. The Mavic holster easily slips over the controller and then it fastens around my waist with a Velcro strap. The silicone cover also allows me to still see the display screen clearly and I have access to all of the drone controllers.

IMAG0497gif.gif

IMAG0494gif.gif

IMAG0503gif.gif

IMAG0499gif.gif

First of all, I am in awe of your skills, which I realize is your business... Very well done

you don't look like a terrorist to me and I find that very fascinating.

You could sell a lot of those (though I know you don't care about)

very well done... At least when you are wearing that you look less like a road sign.... :D

39 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

So I fabricated a special holster for my Mavic Drone controller so I can ride around on my EUC without having to hold onto the controller.  I found my balance was somewhat impeded during moves like going in reverse and sharp turns. So below is what I came up with. Unfortunately the last picture of the fabrication process speaks volumes on why I might be mistaken for a terrorist:cry2: What are your thoughts?

Photos show the preparation of taking a plaster mold of the Mavic controller through the final product which is basically a holster of sorts made out of silicone. The Mavic holster easily slips over the controller and then it fastens around my waist with a Velcro strap. The silicone cover also allows me to still see the display screen clearly and I have access to all of the drone controllers.

by the way....

HOW long did it take to make that?

just wondering...

4 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

First of all, I am in awe of your skills, which I realize is your business... Very well done

you don't look like a terrorist to me and I find that very fascinating.

You could sell a lot of those (though I know you don't care about)

very well done... At least when you are wearing that you look less like a road sign.... :D

Thanks Greg!  I may wait until after the elections to begin wearing it just in case! I still remember the Clock Boy :dribble:

clock.jpg

10 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

by the way....

HOW long did it take to make that?

just wondering...

About 2 hours to fabricate.

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

IMAG0499gif.gif

If you ride fast enough to get speed beeps out of your EUC, then people might start looking twice (and running the other way).

37 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If you ride fast enough to get speed beeps out of your EUC, then people might start looking twice (and running the other way).

LOL! I did not give this any consideration until I strapped on the controller and the UPS guy came riding up delivering packages. He said it looked like an ISIS suicide bomb vest was attached to me. UPS is always on edge delivering packages.

I might just place something over it to conceal the antennas and screen. In the USA cops shoot first and ask questions later:shock2:

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I might just place something over it to conceal the antennas and screen. In the USA cops shoot first and ask questions later:shock2:

If they do stop you to ask questions you'll be fine - just as long as you're riding a Ninebot One...

You can lay it in its side and say that the controller is the remote for your Roomba! :roflmao:

Nice job on the custom carrying pouch.  I wonder if a side hip or leg holster with a cross body strap or drop tether might be more ergonomic, safer, and less attention grabbing.  If you could holster it, and just grab it from the side to access it there might be less chance of landing on it during a faceplant.  

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I fabricated a special holster for my Mavic Drone controller so I can ride around on my EUC without having to hold onto the controller when it is in Auto Track mode. I found my balance was somewhat impeded during moves like going in reverse and sharp turns. So here is what I came up with. Unfortunately the last picture  speaks volumes of why I might be mistaken for someone running around with a bomb straped to my waist! Remember the Clock Boy and the trouble he got into? Maybe I will get a chance to meet Obama! Thoughts?

IMAG0497gif.gif

IMAG0494gif.gif

IMAG0503gif.gif

IMAG0499gif.gif

Well, yes, you do look like a terrorist.  Put it in a pouch and then, no.;)

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Well, yes, you do look like a terrorist.  Put it in a pouch and then, no.;)

Suppose I could wear a jacket over it.

Would I make the evening news if I walked into a bank?:laughbounce2:

Archived