Self-Reflective Random Thoughts of Infinite Wisdom (moved from Post-Merging discussion)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That-Was-Not-So-Funny-Laugh-Meme.jpg

This is so good... I was going to respond with something inappropriate, but when I Googled "gimp mask unicycle", this is what came back...

Screenshot_2016-10-22-20-44-37.png

So why the f%€k is my avatar only number 5 in the results???

How much harder do I have to try? 

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

SEO my friend,  SEO. 

TBH I'm not at all into the whole gimp thing even though I hear it's a good image manipulation program and all,  but as a Star Wars fan I have to say it's kinda growing on me.  I'm down with that. 

81b7c2596d416f08069e996da2375fdf.jpg

I wouldn't have guessed that was your size, but if the suit fits...

11 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Sorry I passed out there for a few hours... and woke up to an image of TFU (@The Fat Unicyclist) wearing a gimp mask riding about down under...

Could someone pass me a breathmint?  Urp...

image.jpg

Regarding the lecture... Sorry it's top secret... Only on a need to know basis...

image.jpg

Besides where's the fun in full disclosure?  It's more fun being a top secret agent working for MicroWorks trying to help break their products stealthily into the western foreign market.  Oh oh :huh: did I say too much?

You've done the lecture circuit @Greg Spalding?  It's probably just me as I had one Coke too many the night before, and trying to stay awake for a 7 hour lecture the morning after is not one of my fortes having a short attention span and all.  I'm just naturally sleepy and sleep deprived so I'm sure that probably in part explains the grandiose delusional disorder or so people tell me.  Or maybe they are just the voices telling me.  Hard to be sure which one.  I tend to think I was dropped accidentally as a baby.  I blame my parents.

i'll be lecturing on wednesday night to a bunch of medical-career-interested high school student at a cermony in town. i'm on TV every week about medical issues and children. i enjoy that. i was lecturing to a large group of home daycare moms recently... i went over and woke up a dozing lady by whispering in her ear... the crowd went nuts... well, the ones who were still awake... LOL. 

The list of MY problems is 1 miles long

Problems?  :blink:  Who said anything about problems?  Let me clarify that sentence "I blame my parents for my crazy awesomeness!"  Ya!  :D

Aw... don't wake up those sleepy people.  They likely are staying up too late the night before partying and posting stuff up on crazy online forums.  Wait a second... I resemble that remark!

3f832849bc96898c40862b93156a11b3b89a5304

tumblr_nw9gipHoyB1rnuzv2o1_500.jpg

19 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

It's only going to be 16°, but it's an awesome day for wheeling...

20161022_153715.jpg

NB: As with all weather forecasters, I reserve the right to get it totally wrong for where-ever you might be.

Hey, where is it ?

My first thought was Tauranga, but now I'm not sure.

It's to long that I haven't been in NZ, sigh.  I should go there again - forever.

8 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Hey, where is it ?

My first thought was Tauranga, but now I'm not sure.

It's to long that I haven't been in NZ, sigh.  I should go there again - forever.

That is looking south across Wellington harbour - a view that I get to wake up to every day!

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Dang, TFU, you've piqued my interest in this whole gimp thing.  I've got an entirely new reboot idea for the Star Wars franchise!  :blink:  Although it looks like female Darth needs a bathroom break?  :blink:

sexyvader.jpg

Ha ha... Just let me know the next time you are bored, and I'll throw a "random" NqSFW word / phrase at you.

On 23.10.2016 at 0:45 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That is looking south across Wellington harbour - a view that I get to wake up to every day!

VERY cool !

I really envy you, mate !

I went up to the old lighthouse with the bicycle, must be a great EUC tour, too.

But one question:  When I was at the lighthouse, I saw this big hairy worm (on picture 3) crawling up the hill, catching sheep and eating them.  I was quite shocked, and when I drove down, he ran after me and roared, but couldn't catch me.

Isn't it quite dangerous outside of Wellington, if you meet such creatures ?

Lighthouse:

n1.jpg

The bike enjoys the view:

n2.jpg

The scary worm:

n3.jpg

Yeah, at the end we are there:

n4.jpg

But unfortunately needed to leave soon to Southern Island:

n5.jpg

8 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

VERY cool !

I really envy you, buddy !

I went up to the old lighthouse with the bicycle, must be a great EUC tour, too.

But one question:  When I was at the lighthouse, I saw this big hairy worm (on picture 3) crawling up the hill, catching sheep and eating them.  I was quite shocked, and when I drove down, he ran after me and roared, but couldn't catch me.

Isn't it quite dangerous outside of Wellington, if you meet such creatures ?

Yes, wheeling out to the Pencarrow Lighthouse is a great ride... I particularly enjoy it because the "road" is maintained in sections, so there is always a variety of terrain to keep the adrenaline up...

pencarrow.jpg

And the wildlife there are mostly used to people, so it is only a problem during mating season.

Four feet long?  :blink: Dang I'd mount a gun on my Ninebot like @Rehab1 if we had bugs like that crawling around here.  Good thing it goes down to -32 C here in the winter time.  We don't get too many large creepy crawlies or else we'd have to pack some heavier gear!

image.jpg

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Four feet long?  :blink: Dang I'd mount a gun on my Ninebot like @Rehab1 if we had bugs like that crawling around here.  Good thing it goes down to -32 C here in the winter time.  

Sorry, did I type "four feet" - I meant to type "four inches."

Which is still significant - here, this might give you a better idea of their actual size...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTixoBxaByGkoiCDYnpxmg

Weta were also the inspiration for the Weta-Rex - which were the giant insects at the bottom of a gorge (on Skull island) in Peter Jackson's King Kong. 

WetaRex3.jpg

Yeah I was wondering whether they updated the biological limitations of exoskeletons for a while there... :blink:. Four inches?  Pishaw!  I'd be running over those just for target practice!  Squish crunch squish crunch!  But I'd be sure that my EUC had a good rear fender...

;) Okay okay naked PETA people - I was just kidding!  I usually swerve just to avoid running over black beetles and the like...

image.png

5 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I'd be running over those just for target practice!  Squish crunch squish crunch!  But I'd be sure that my EUC had a good rear fender...

I wouldn't recommend that... the aft-mounted spike is hard and can be quite long...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLwNkWXY9FAYdP2tb3NnQ

Not the best for pneumatic tyres. 

The regular (non-giant) model is also quite agile - I bent to pick one up (to put it back outside) and it jumped over my shoulder and landed about 3 feet behind me. 

Also, they taste terrible - according to Bear Grylls... http://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/4725261/Bear-Grylls-eats-weta-and-wishes-he-hadn-t

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Four feet long?  :blink: Dang I'd mount a gun on my Ninebot like @Rehab1 if we had bugs like that crawling around here.  Good thing it goes down to -32 C here in the winter time.  We don't get too many large creepy crawlies or else we'd have to pack some heavier gear!

image.jpg

53 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Which is still significant - here, this might give you a better idea of their actual size...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTixoBxaByGkoiCDYnpxmg

Weta were also the inspiration for the Weta-Rex - which were the giant insects at the bottom of a gorge (on Skull island) in Peter Jackson's King Kong. 

WetaRex3.jpg

Fall clean up sucks! Think I heard my name? Guns won't work but maybe Lurtz would do a smack down!

@The Fat Unicyclist were you able to watch any of The Lord of the Rings being filmed? I loved those movies!

Lurtz was in my basement for about 2 years. Purchased him at a charity auction on eBay. Last time I tracked him down online he was standing in front of a Sacramento Clippers bar. Miss that beast. My daughter liked him as well. 

More photos of my buddy?

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Nasty/Lurtz.htm

IMG_0420.JPG

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist were you able to watch any of The Lord of the Rings being filmed? I loved those movies!

A lot of the locations were quite remote, but (and I quote)...

"The huge fortress city of 'Minas Tirith' and 'Helm's Deep', where the awesome climactic battle takes place, were built at Dry Creek Quarry, a vast mining complex surrounded by a chainlink fence at the bottom of Haywards Hill in Wellington."

At the time I was living on the hillside across the valley from the quarry (only about a kilometer / 0.6 miles away). There was a lot of night filming, and with the bright set lighting at their end and a good pair of binoculars at mine, there were some good snippets of what was to come. 

16 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

At the time I was living on the hillside across the valley from the quarry (only about a kilometer / 0.6 miles away). There was a lot of night filming, and with the bright set lighting at their end and a good pair of binoculars at mine, there were some good snippets of what was to come. 

I would have set up camp on top of a large ladder to view the action! OMG think what a drone could have captured!

You definitely live in a beautiful country! 

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

You definitely live in a beautiful country! 

Thanks... I do at that. 

Having had the opportunity to travel (just a bit), I am still surprised at the difference in the landscapes (urban or natural) around the planet. From Asia, to the Middle East, to Europe and the Americas - yes, and Canada too @HunkaHunkaBurningLove - They are all different and (mostly) beautiful. 

And perhaps I'm biased, but I do always love coming back home to New Zealand again though! 

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I wouldn't recommend that... the aft-mounted spike is hard and can be quite long...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLwNkWXY9FAYdP2tb3NnQ

Not the best for pneumatic tyres. 

:blink: That's one nasty looking EUC counter measure rear spike!  Looks like nature planned ahead for EUC attacks. Althouuugh maybe put a few on the barbee and you have a nice, handy skewer stick?

• 2 weeks later...
On October 23, 2016 at 3:46 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Which is still significant ...

I hope that's not what you tell all of your Tinder dates!  ;)

How did I let that one slip by me?  :rolleyes:  Oh well, better late than never!  Slight delay!  :yawn:

Archived