Looking for EU for under $300

Zak Dobben

I am looking for a certain type of scooter. I purchased multiple units like the one pictured below off of ebay, but they are no longer on there. I have a club located in Athens, Ohio and we have a few interested in buying a starter electric unicycle for under $300. Does anyone know where I can purchase more of these units specifically? We found that these were great for people to learn on.

Best,

Zak

Cheap.JPG

If you can get past the name and slightly higher price point with shipping, MicroWorks' Geekwheel might be a good choice with easier to get replacement parts.

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Promotional-340-680wh-battery-GEEKWHEEL-DIY_60490047653.html

Instead of being a starter wheel where people would need to buy another wheel once they catch the EUC bug, these Geekwheels come with an estimated 30 kph max speed and a 340 Wh battery from the get go so plenty of speed and range to start with.  It also comes with a beefy tire so apparently it feels like riding a 16" wheel but without the extra weight.  With my $250 generic wheel, it could only go about 12 kph and 6 kms on the 132 Wh battery.  If I would have paid a little more and started off with more speed/range I think my purchase would have lasted me quite a bit longer.

I have yet to hear any one buy one of these Geekwheels and post a review yet (I was hoping they would send @esaj one to test out), but others (electric_vehicle_lover and MattJ) have used MW components to make their own versions with the same motor and appear to be happy with the results.

If you are looking for a cheap dangerous generic wheel like the one you pictured, you can check eBay they usually have them starting around $200. Be warned, if you demand too much power from the wheel it may send you face first into the pavement!

Edit: I see you mentioned eBay in your post, whoops 

3 hours ago, Zak Dobben said:

I am looking for a certain type of scooter. I purchased multiple units like the one pictured below off of ebay, but they are no longer on there. I have a club located in Athens, Ohio and we have a few interested in buying a starter electric unicycle for under $300. Does anyone know where I can purchase more of these units specifically? We found that these were great for people to learn on.

Best,

Zak

Cheap.JPG

Dion of@myfunwheel sells a perfect trainer wheel that looks identical to what's pictured above,  for $230 shipped. I bought one from him and I've never had a problem with it. Dion's a great guy to do business with. See his website at http://squareup.com/store/myfunwheel/

1 hour ago, Shoe73 said:

Edit: I see you mentioned eBay in your post, whoops 

Technically that was a baby 'ebay' so your good?

3 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I have yet to hear any one buy one of these Geekwheels

Because they are called a Geekwheel. ?

IPS makes quality unicycles that do not cut out when the voltage dips too low, in fact they have integrated the battery management system electronics into their control electronics. 

I see they have the I130 model on sale on Banggood for $300 US. 8 units left. That's a good deal, I would snap that up over a generic. 

http://m.banggood.com/IPS-I130-Self-Balancing-Electric-Unicycle-Wheelbarrow-130wh-Battery-p-967762.html

Thanks for your responses its much appreciated. I will look into the models you've provided. We are a club at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. Just looking for a few cheap models for college students commute to class everyday. @Shoe73 the I130 looks great!! I currently have an IPS LHOTZ and love it!! Definitely will look into those. @Rehab1 I've looked into the GeekWheels, but they are just a bit to pricey for us college students.

Archived