Apple Watch support?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree, It needs a table with speeds, battery calibration, etc. Now added a feature to AppleWatch. I changed from the elaborate trick I used and a double tap in the center field sounds the horn in Kingsong!!!!

Hope to put the calibrations for next version. I wanted to be able to manage a library of your wheels (identified by the Bluetooth id, for example) so you may configure speed alerts and other information.

Temperature is read from the wheel but has strange number for calibration so it may be this. Need to have a Gotway some time to test it (and a termometer) :). 

Anyway yhanks for pointing it. will work it soon.

Additional observations:

My Apple Watch S2 shows old stuck values almost all the time. But immediately after I force-exit the iPhone app, the watch quickly runs through all the old values. Then I reopen iPhone app, and the Watch sticks with the recent old value for a few seconds, and finally gets alive. Unfortunately not for long. 

15 hours ago, Paco Gorina said:

Agree, It needs a table with speeds, battery calibration, etc. Now added a feature to AppleWatch. I changed from the elaborate trick I used and a double tap in the center field sounds the horn in Kingsong!!!!

Hope to put the calibrations for next version. I wanted to be able to manage a library of your wheels (identified by the Bluetooth id, for example) so you may configure speed alerts and other information.

Temperature is read from the wheel but has strange number for calibration so it may be this. Need to have a Gotway some time to test it (and a termometer) :). 

Anyway yhanks for pointing it. will work it soon.

what about a phone vibration feature?

just let the user select a speed, and if speed is reached....vibrate?

Yes, double tap for the horn on center of the Apple Watch would be simple and nice! ?

@KingSong69 and @Paco Gorina setting an speedlimit or changing it could be possible e.g. by using the Digital Crown from the Apple Watch.

Also some "Taptic-feedback" by reaching the speedlimits on the watch and/or on the phone would be nice. Because at higher speeds for excample 30km/h it is hard to hear the kingsongs beeping noise. (Turning on the speaker with "please decelerate" is annoying...)

Actually I switched on my kingsong KS18A and opened the app only on the watch, did a force touch and tapped on start. The wheel was shortly (after 2 second) beeping and it's  showing me live data on the watch immediately, without having the app open on the iPhone! :)

Thats quite comfortably! ???

24 minutes ago, da_toni said:

Yes, double tap for the horn on center of the Apple Watch would be simple and nice! ?

@KingSong69 and @Paco Gorina setting an speedlimit or changing it could be possible e.g. by using the Digital Crown from the Apple Watch.

Also some "Taptic-feedback" by reaching the speedlimits on the watch and/or on the phone would be nice. Because at higher speeds for excample 30km/h it is hard to hear the kingsongs beeping noise. (Turning on the speaker with "please decelerate" is annoying...)

yeah, would be possible...but i would prefer the "vibrate speed alarm" on the PHONE, as i am not so lucky to have a apple watch ;-)

21 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

yeah, would be possible...but i would prefer the "vibrate speed alarm" on the PHONE, as i am not so lucky to have a apple watch ;-)

It could be set for the phone, but on your Apple Watch, set it to "Mirror my iPhone".  That way, if you are using the watch, it would do the same as the phone.

Double tap already implemented :)

About the vibration, I had it in the Watch and take it out. Has problems when the application is not in foreground as then it doesn't responds. There are some background posibilities with WatchOS 3 but will see if they are fast enough.

8 hours ago, da_toni said:

Actually I switched on my kingsong KS18A and opened the app only on the watch, did a force touch and tapped on start. The wheel was shortly (after 2 second) beeping and it's  showing me live data on the watch immediately, without having the app open on the iPhone! :)

Thats quite comfortably! ???

Not very sure always works. usually works. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.12.2016 at 11:12 PM, Paco Gorina said:

Double tap already implemented :)

About the vibration, I had it in the Watch and take it out. Has problems when the application is not in foreground as then it doesn't responds. There are some background posibilities with WatchOS 3 but will see if they are fast enough.

Double tap on Apple Watch works nice! ???

Well done!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived