Apple Watch support?

Thanks, af for your questions :

1.- Map only avalilable from Graphis Dashboard (for the moment)

2.- 2 ways to get GPX information :

- Either export full log with the i in the main screen and then unzip it (Each log is really a directory. .9bz us really a .zip). If in OS/X or MacOS you will probably get a .9bm directory and should either change the name removing the .9bm or use the open package option (right button menu) after unzipping.

- Inthe log screen push harder on the indicator with the map (iPhone with 3DTouch). You will get a Peek screen with the map. If you slide up you get 2 options, shareGPX for exporting the gpx or open GPX in for opening in another iOS application.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Paco Gorina

Other Findings on Gotway Msuperv3:

The Amps and Watts are defintitly way off...i would guess doubled or even rippled...

Also on normal forward driving i have a "minus"= "-" in front of amps and watts...while on braking not...is that wanted?

i know it otherwise around on other apps, buts thats just not important :-)

Version 2.3 on Kingsong Ks18:

i am having definitly a hard time connecting the wheel...

deleting uuid, debug mode, putting bluetooth 2.0 on Ks18 on...did not help real

today i needed about 7-10 tries (app/wheel on/off) until finally my wheel got recognised

Edit:

amps and watts only off for Gotway, Kingsong numbers correct!

Noted the Intensity in Gotway. If I is too much,  Power is too much because P = I * V

A question about connecting:

Once connected once, connection should be fast and automatic withoud doing anything. It must not ask for the wheel, just connect. Is this correct?

18 minutes ago, Paco Gorina said:

So the problem is just when changing the wheel. I will try a better way

What i absolutly like (very good solution!!):

The Volts you Display are "realtime"...i mean they adjust fast on accelerating and breaking, realtime!

But on Batterie percentage it seams you are using a Kind of average of the last some seconds/minutes....so this Percentage is not jumping on braking and accelerating that much!

Good Job!

In Kingsong battery is using an average of 10 samples and also mades a correction for the battery internal resistance. In Gotway I don't made the correction.

Having a good battery estimate is difficult because there is also a "chemical inbalance" that builds over time of high current and recover when you stop. This recovery is an indication of the age of the battery. i need more data but will try to get this information to show an estimate of your battery life.

• 1 month later...

i have sent o AppStore the new version (2.4) It solves some selection problems ans should make it more easy to connect to new wheels ans also and most important, ir supports InMotion EUC's. 

Also there is a check in settings that stops iPhone Sleep Mode while recording. That means better sampling, not being in the list of applications to kill if memory is low and not having to unlock the iPhone to look at it. Unfortunately it has some drawbacks as more batery consumption (you may reduce  screen brightness to alleviate a little) and less security if yout iPhone  is lost.

Another interesting new option is is AppleWatch. A Click in battery or temperature swaps it with speed as the main quantity. That allows to monitor easily the quantity you want. Specially important if you have some sight problems.

For InMotion users, sampling frequency is now very low and there are somm disconnections. They also happen in the official application which also has low sampling frequency. I need more tests to get the perfect point and see which is the best value.

Also all feedback is welcome as my access to non Ninebot One wheels is somewhat limited.

With my AppleWatch (original) with version 3.1 I have the following behavior

Slow to begin to update. Perhaps half a minute to a minute

When it begins it seems to pass through old values.

Then it begins to work ok.

I suggest to go to the 9BMetrics settings (sprocket in first screen) and try with the Block Sleep enabled. Don't lock the iPhone.

If it works this way we have nailed the problem in the iPhone application. Thanks for your help.

Great job @Paco Gorina!

I installed today your latest app version and it is working with my iPhone and Apple Watch (original) right out of the box without anything to change in settings etc.

I just switched on my Kingsong KS18A (1200w, 1360wh) without activated speaker, opened your app, tapped on right top on "new run" and after just a few seconds my "KS18A" appeared immediately as pop up, tapped on that and it was showing the live data like speed, battery soc etc. 

I was also able to lock my iPhone's screen and use the live view on my Apple Watch.

I am so happy with it! :D

(unluckily I was just able to test it indoor, because it's actually too cold outside to ride my wheel outdoor... Maybe it will get warmer on Christmas ??)

On 30.11.2016 at 10:39 AM, Paco Gorina said:

Slow to begin to update. Perhaps half a minute to a minute

When it begins it seems to pass through old values.

Then it begins to work ok.

I tried to wait for a few minutes but my AppleWatch s2 still have no live update on the screen. Once in a few minutes the updated value appears, then it get stuck again for another few minutes. 

15 hours ago, Radislav said:

I tried to wait for a few minutes but my AppleWatch s2 still have no live update on the screen. Once in a few minutes the updated value appears, then it get stuck again for another few minutes. 

I don't really know what is happening in your case. I have had some problems but most have dissapeared killing and restarting the watch application. Problem is  I have no access to a new watch. Hoping having one for Christmas?

17 hours ago, da_toni said:

Yes it works! :)

Is there also a possibility to use the horn on the Apple Watch?

I have a functional prototype for horn in the watch.

Only problem is it must be quite sure (not sounding the horn inadvertently) so i put it in the menu after a hard press. Don't know if is very useful as it is a bit slower but at least is difficult to press inadvertently. 

What do you think?

Don't have the app or a watch but by the sounds of it that would be a real PITA... not useful.   Maybe you can set it up so a two finger placement is needed in the face, two buttons at opposite edges?  Sorry not having a watch yet or your app my input is limited.

Love the idea of a watch app for EUC stuff, it will probably be one of the main reasons I buy an Apple watch. 

32 minutes ago, Paco Gorina said:

I have a functional prototype for horn in the watch.

Only problem is it must be quite sure (not sounding the horn inadvertently) so i put it in the menu after a hard press. Don't know if is very useful as it is a bit slower but at least is difficult to press inadvertently. 

What do you think?

Cant you use a double tap to make that easier? Like "double mouse clicking"?

Unfortunatly i have no apple watch :-(

Btw.: Some here are stating..apple watch(original)...my question would be if there is a "not original" apple watch, which is working???

41 minutes ago, Paco Gorina said:

I don't really know what is happening in your case. I have had some problems but most have dissapeared killing and restarting the watch application. Problem is  I have no access to a new watch. Hoping having one for Christmas?

I will ask Santa for you :)))

Hello @Paco Gorina

I confirm that the app is working on the phone and the watch (original v1) with Gotway MSuper3. Only the temperature is wrong (221°C ????)  but not sure if the problem comes from the app or the wheel...

Nice improvement I haven't noticed before : if you shut down the wheel and then you turn it on without stopping the recording it continues to work. It was not the case with previous versions when I used the app with my Ninebot E+. So nice improvement if you need to stop and carry the wheel during your run (stairs etc...)

Nice improvement would be to adapt color of speed and warning on the watch based on the model of wheel you ride. No need to have a warning at 20 or 22 km/h on my MSuper for example (40 km/h with that model is possible... so warning at 35 would be better). 

Archived