If you had a time machine....

Would you consider going back in time to change some things in the past?  Given that going back you would change back to the age you were at in that time period and you would give up all that you had achieved and have going for you in the present?  Maybe choose a different career path or pursued someone you missed the chance of getting to know or purchased gold when it was under $400/oz?

Why do you say that?  Any specifics?  Would you not go into paleontology?  Say you had the option to go back in time to change some things, but then return to the present and have none of the things that you changed affect you.  Just think of it as sort of a what if...

I think we all have a lot of things that we regret that we have done in life, but on the other hand we also have a lot of achievements under our belts as well I think.  For example, if I had the money to buy Apple and Microsoft stock back when MSDOS was introduced, I'd be a gazillionaire.  But what sort of life would that have given me?  I could have been murdered by some stalker or kidnapped for ransom.  I could have died in a private Leer jet plane crash going to the Azores.  I could have married a gold digger wife who was two timing me with someone else.  The possibilities are endless.

I guess I find that it's the little things in life that make me happy, and I wouldn't give them up for anything.  I still am curious to see what would have happened if maybe I talked with that cute girl that I liked back in high school, or maybe took up a different career path, or avoided some mistakes along the way.  I don't know.  It's a bit of a useless brain exercise to wonder about I guess... but it's Philosophical Friday!  So time to wonder...

fun-facts-random.jpg

realists.jpg

4 hours ago, lizardmech said:

I would try to take over the world.

Been there done that - trust me the world is over-rated.  Plus all the infighting and pollution problems who wants to deal with all that?  At one point you're the king of the world, the next moment you're eating peanut butter, jelly and bacon sandwiches and end up needing to leave the building.  No thanks... I'd rather live in Canada and stay under the radar... B). Thank you, thank you very much.

I have a feeling that he knew that without it needing to be said. ;)  

If I could go back in time I think I should have bought a larger house when the prices were so low.  Now the prices are still through the roof, and buying a used house basically you are lining some other person's pocket who bought early.  I think a crystal ball would actually be more handy to have than a time machine as some things you don't want to live through more than once!

On 9/2/2016 at 9:58 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Would you consider going back in time to change some things in the past?

Do you really think at some point the human will know how to travel in time? I'm...unfortunately...more inclined to think that this is simply impossible because in the nature the processes are irreversible. But who really knows... and by the way, congrats of your round number 1000 credits :)

Archived