KS16 battery questions

Icewheel

Hi everyone, I've been reading up on EUCs for some time (lots of info to take in) and I'm thinking about getting one, more specifically the KS16.

However, I'm wondering if the 680wh or even 840wh is needed for decent range and good backup power in the long run.
Is the 520wh pack considered too small for most with KS16?

Is anyone familiar with the 520wh KS16 this shop is selling?
http://airboard-shop.se

39 minutes ago, Icewheel said:

Hi everyone, I've been reading up on EUCs for some time (lots of info to take in) and I'm thinking about getting one, more specifically the KS16.

However, I'm wondering if the 680wh or even 840wh is needed for decent range and good backup power in the long run.
Is the 520wh pack considered too small for most with KS16?

Is anyone familiar with the 520wh KS16 this shop is selling?
http://airboard-shop.se

you should answer this question for youself!!!

assuming you are 80kg....

on a 520wh pack you are able to get about 25-30kmh

on a 680 pack 35-45 kmh

on a 820/840 about 50-60

this is all "about" and depends on weight, weather, streets...and km/h...

so what do you want?

i would go for max possible or at least 680wh...cycling with a EUC will get you addicted...pure fun...

and it is more complicated (and more expensive) to change batteries later on!

also look at the france shop "gyroroue-shop" for price compare!

Hey, thanks for the input. Yes the price seems very good compared to any other european seller I've seen. However 640 euro extra for a bit larger 680wh battery seems a bit much for me at the moment. The 520wh seems like good value if the only real difference is battery capacity..

35 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

this are good prices on this shop! you will not find any cheaper in the european countries...as i know!

They're offering the 840Wh for 1,700 Euros. Same Wheel we sell through https://www.wheelgo.com/king-song-16/ for £1125, which is 1,324 Euros, quite a bit cheaper AND we provide the dual-voltage 5A charger! Both include VAT, our shipping is only £25 to Sweden.

oooh! did not see that price difference!

then i would say...something is perhaps wrong with the prices...520wh for such less euro...seams to good to be true...my 2 cents

go for the 520 version....cheap as hell...normaly 340wh starts with 1100 euro!

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

They're offering the 840Wh for 1,700 Euros. Same Wheel we sell through https://www.wheelgo.com/king-song-16/ for £1125, which is 1,324 Euros, quite a bit cheaper AND we provide the dual-voltage 5A charger! Both include VAT, our shipping is only £25 to Sweden.

i just saw the 520 for 850euro!!! thats a bummer!

you are right...for the 840 you are better....did not see that!

the 840wh and 680 are much more expensive, so it seams like a fault happening there....

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

Are you sure? According to Google 8000Kr is 1075 Euros.

i just used the "dollar" button in the right upper corner...perhaps the whole website is crap

1 hour ago, Icewheel said:

Yes, for the long run you gonna need the max...means 840wh. If you intend to do only tricks, then the battery capacity does not matter so much.

If I were you, I would check all EU sellers....and finally order from wheelgo :)  ....not because most probably the price would be cheapest but because of the Jason's excellent service,

14 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

to thread op:

you are good to go with wheelgo if all this numbers are bullshit or wrong ....

also with wheelgo you would have perfect service!

Thanks, yeah I'll look more into them :) Yes I'm pretty sure something is wrong with their numbers, the info text below talks about  "LG 340wh eller 680wh" versions...

26 minutes ago, DS said:

Yes, for the long run you gonna need the max...means 840wh. If you intend to do only tricks, then the battery capacity does not matter so much.

If I were you, I would check all EU sellers....and finally order from wheelgo :)  ....not because most probably the price would be cheapest but because of the Jason's excellent service,

Hey there, thanks for sharing your opinions :) yeah I would really appreciate good service in this case as I've had some experience shipping supplies for another much bigger Shenzhen-based company, and I've seen alot of very dubious work methods, to say the least :)

9 hours ago, Icewheel said:

Hey there, thanks for sharing your opinions :) yeah I would really appreciate good service in this case as I've had some experience shipping supplies for another much bigger Shenzhen-based company, and I've seen alot of very dubious work methods, to say the least :)

If you'll purchase the 840Wh version from wheelgo.com you'll get best price on that model. 5A fast charger and top notch service. I've bough my KS-16 there as well as I can only recommend and vouch for the best service @Jason McNeil provides. Also one important factor when deciding on battery size is the security - with more battery power left the wheel is safer to drive so even if you'll not run it to "empty" all the time you'll be better off. Also to prolong battery life it's recommended to not discharge battery bellow 20% and also not to charge too often over 80%. This will extend battery life up to five times! But then indeed the commonly "usable" capacity would be only between 20 and 80% meaning only 60% of total battery capacity so with 840Wh you'll get "only" about 500Wh so that already decreases the range to almost half. Finally as you'll start more and more enjoying the rides on EUC you'll soon find yourself running out of "juice" so the bigger the battery the better. 

16 hours ago, HEC said:

If you'll purchase the 840Wh version from wheelgo.com you'll get best price on that model. 5A fast charger and top notch service. I've bough my KS-16 there as well as I can only recommend and vouch for the best service @Jason McNeil provides. Also one important factor when deciding on battery size is the security - with more battery power left the wheel is safer to drive so even if you'll not run it to "empty" all the time you'll be better off. Also to prolong battery life it's recommended to not discharge battery bellow 20% and also not to charge too often over 80%. This will extend battery life up to five times! But then indeed the commonly "usable" capacity would be only between 20 and 80% meaning only 60% of total battery capacity so with 840Wh you'll get "only" about 500Wh so that already decreases the range to almost half. Finally as you'll start more and more enjoying the rides on EUC you'll soon find yourself running out of "juice" so the bigger the battery the better. 

Hi, thanks for the input! Yes I see your point about the "true" 500wh capacity :) Will have to do a bit more research but I am very tempted to mail Jason soon...

4 hours ago, Icewheel said:

Hi, thanks for the input! Yes I see your point about the "true" 500wh capacity :) Will have to do a bit more research but I am very tempted to mail Jason soon...

Dude, do all the research you need, and if you find the wheel you like, if @Jason McNeil has it, do yourself a favor and get it from him, its a no brainer. I am sure his prices are at the very least, competitive. Even if you find cheaper elsewhere, you will be sorry later you pulled the trigger with someone else. I cant imagine any other distributor providing better after sale customer service than Jason. I bought a wheel from him in the past, and whenever i had an issue he always helped me and went out of his way doing that. To him customer satisfaction is super important. If it wasnt for him, id be stuck with broken wheels now with no hope of ever repairing. Actually today i received a new control board from Jason due to a failure facilitated by my own negligence!!! What other distributor would just go ahead and mail you the part like that?? 

you can email him and discuss your needs and get an advice. He is not pushy so he wont pressure you into buying. If you dont like what he has to offer, go some place else. But i bet my bottom dollar you will be happy you went to him.

On 2016-09-02 at 6:17 AM, Cloud said:

Dude, do all the research you need, and if you find the wheel you like, if @Jason McNeil has it, do yourself a favor and get it from him, its a no brainer. I am sure his prices are at the very least, competitive. Even if you find cheaper elsewhere, you will be sorry later you pulled the trigger with someone else. I cant imagine any other distributor providing better after sale customer service than Jason. I bought a wheel from him in the past, and whenever i had an issue he always helped me and went out of his way doing that. To him customer satisfaction is super important. If it wasnt for him, id be stuck with broken wheels now with no hope of ever repairing. Actually today i received a new control board from Jason due to a failure facilitated by my own negligence!!! What other distributor would just go ahead and mail you the part like that?? 

you can email him and discuss your needs and get an advice. He is not pushy so he wont pressure you into buying. If you dont like what he has to offer, go some place else. But i bet my bottom dollar you will be happy you went to him.

Yes I've been convinced by all the praise on this forum for Jason so I think now it's more a question of whether I'll get a wheel or not :)
I have a question for you or anyone familiar with the riding modes on KS16. Has anyone tried the softer riding settings? Is it still very stiff? I was wondering if you could get a little bit of that "KS18 slalom riding style" :)

3 hours ago, Icewheel said:

Yes I've been convinced by all the praise on this forum for Jason so I think now it's more a question of whether I'll get a wheel or not :)
I have a question for you or anyone familiar with the riding modes on KS16. Has anyone tried the softer riding settings? Is it still very stiff? I was wondering if you could get a little bit of that "KS18 slalom riding style" :)

what do you mean? the Newest Ks18 1200watt is as hard as the Ks16...if not even stiffer!

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

what do you mean? the Newest Ks18 1200watt is as hard as the Ks16...if not even stiffer!

Sorry, I'll try to specify. I meant if you could turn by doing more lower body movements like on the KS18. I may have misunderstood what exactly the riding mode is doing as I've just read and watched videos :)

Ok, no prob :-)

riding mode is how the wheel reacts to your leaning in and out!

soft- if you lean for ex. forward the pedals will go down in front a bit and come back to level a little later

medium....

hard-the pedals stay always horizontal, no matter how hard you lean

all you can do an the 18 you can do the 16...slaloming and lower body movements are -in contrary -much easier on smaller wheels

• 2 weeks later...

So after a lot of hesitation and bugging Jason on and off for a couple of days I made a first deposit on a KS16 :) jokes aside, it was all good. Excellent service, very friendly.
The biggest problem would be that the weather is getting colder by the day here, but nothing you can control anyway :)

It seems like there's now a few riders from Sweden, I've even seen a ninebot user in my area.

Archived