KS16B range test

vido

Just did some testing on the range of my ks16b 840 wh LG, firmware 1.20. I weigh 70kg and started with 100% battery, outside temperature was at 91 degree fahrenheit. Cruising speed around 25-28 kmh. With music playing out of the speakers the whole time.

Rode for two and a half hours straight with only a five minute break. Highest internal temperature reached 59 C

end results when I got back home was 24 miles with 50% left. Just in time for the speed limiter. 

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2016 at 0:02 PM, vido said:

Just did some testing on the range of my ks16b 840 wh LG, firmware 1.20. I weigh 70kg and started with 100% battery, outside temperature was at 91 degree fahrenheit. Cruising speed around 25-28 kmh. With music playing out of the speakers the whole time.

Rode for two and a half hours straight with only a five minute break. Highest internal temperature reached 59 C

end results when I got back home was 24 miles with 50% left. Just in time for the speed limiter. 

image.png

image.png

Nice stats man :)

• 3 weeks later...

I also did a range test today. My weight including rucksack was 85 kg, but used a KS16B/680 (not 840) with FW 1.22.

I started with 100% battery (showing 60 km remaining range on the KS app), terrain was quite flat, no real hilly sections, temperature 29 Centigrade, average speed over the first real 20km was 26,2 km/h, overall was 22 km/h, max speed was 28,7 km/h (data from Garmin GPS I carried with me, not from Kingsong app). Kingsong app showed max speed 31,4 km/h.

Total real range was a little bit over 42 km with the 680 Wh version (again measured by GPS).  In the last minutes the Kingsong app showed remaining range between 0 and 3 km during driving, and 6 km when standing still, and battery 7% charged.  Unfortunately I cannot tell which riding distance the app itself showed, because I had to turn off the wheel in the middle of the ride to carry it across stairs, and forgot that the range display will be reset to zero. In the first 20 km I could see that the GPS- and App-displays differ by 20 to 30% rangewise (but I was prepared to that from other postings in this forum).

However, for me the range of true 42 km is great for this device, especially because the average speed was higher than 20 km/h.

I'm thinking about upgrading it with 2 batterypacks to the 840 version, though the above range is enough for 95% of my needs.

10 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Unfortunately I cannot tell which riding distance the app itself showed, because I had to turn off the wheel in the middle of the ride to carry it across stairs, and forgot that the range display will be reset to zero.

If you'll use WheelLog app from @JumpMaster it will remember / add total distance even if the wheel is switched off during the ride.

Looks like your Iphones battery drains the same as the KS16b! I have a KS16b also, Im in brooklyn.. my iphone died when I was going over brookyn bridge but it was about 18miles that day and still 1/2 battery.  I wanna update the firmware but I have an IPHONE and there are no updates for it yet on the iphone :(. The light and "hello kingsong" drive me nutz!

14269620_10155306239517178_88530104_n.jpg

Oh now I see 1.22 on the app! i though they were releasing a new version of the app.. oops! updating now to 1.22!

Archived