Ninebot One E+ shut off while riding

Brandon Schilling

Greetings I have had my Ninebot for almost a month now and I have been picking up skill very quickly. Today was my longest ride about 50 minutes without taking a break.

Towards the end of my ride was my first experience with the speed limit. It changed to a floating sensation which almost sent me flying off. I made it down a big hill and was riding flat then it started beeping and shut off. I jumped off to avoid crashing into a brewery which resulted into the unit ghost riding until it hit a curb and spun a few 1080. I knew I had remaining battery so I figured it was some error on my part and got back on. I made it another block and the same thing happened.

I walked back a mile to my car and downloaded the app on my way home. It showed 30% battery remaining I have updated the firmware but haven't ridden it since the incident in fear of damaging the Ninebot or losing it in traffic!!!

I'd put money on low battery, a 50 minute ride on a Ninebot is pretty much your lot.

Are you sure it was at 30%? 

Perhaps remove the right hand side cover & ensure the battery is plugged in properly

How much do you weigh?  I think when the battery gets into the lower 1/3 things can get a little dicey with heavier riders.  I'm about 165 lbs, and I ride on my Ninebot One E+ for 45-48 minute ride routinely which gets me about 15-18 kms, and I haven't noticed any unusual behaviour from my wheel.   My app usually shows 10 km remaining and my LED bars show about 1/3 left.   What tire pressure are you running?  I'm at about 48-50 psi.  If your tire is going a little flat there's going to be a lot more rolling resistance so if you add that into the equation, 30% battery remaining might only allow limping home at a slower speed?  If you push it over that speed it likely will shut down, but if you keep the speed down it might keep you going for a little bit.

Yes, I did 7.5 miles this morning - full speed, a couple of tough hills. That put me down to 25% battery. 
Weighing in at 15stone. 

OP. Did you go out on a full charge?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Weighing in at 15stone.

That's exactly my weight, and I can get 11(or slightly more) miles from my E+ before the ride gets too "spongy." I ride mostly on flat, smooth sidewalks, but also on hills from time to time. I do not, however go "all out" with my speed. My average speed is usually in the 9 to 10 MPH range. Going all out "balls to the wall" will cut down on your range substantially.

In fairness I have also managed 11 miles, when I had the patience to take it steady. lol

Thats why I have the battery upgrade kit on order.  I hope I can do 20-30 miles at full speed.

I started out on a full battery I am 6'3 190lb approximately. Another thought is that I started too far forward on the pedals throwing off the calibration.

i had no app prior to the crash I downloaded it and it said 30% but this is different than it getting soft because it beeped then shut off. It stayed on sans rider the car ride home.

i took it to the store but have taken it easy. The kick back from the speed governor is scarier than anything else

On 8/2/2016 at 0:40 AM, Brandon Schilling said:

It changed to a floating sensation

That happened to me once on my Osdrich T5, it had no more power to accelerate.  Scary feeling:blink:  You said it stayed on during the car ride home, mine shuts itself off after about 5 minutes of inactivity, but maybe the movement of the car fooled it into staying on.  Take off the cover and see what battery you have.

Archived