How the heck do I charge this thing? - ninebot one e+

adamo

Hi.  I feel silly asking this question as the answer seems obvious...  But whenever I attempt to plug my charger into my ninebot it doesn't feel like its clicked in or anything.

Also, The charger light is constantly green - indicating that nothing is happening.

So... I am attempting to plug it into my ninebot one e+, while positioning it with the little plastic sliver in the position of the nook meant to receive it.  It appears to go part of the way in and then stop.  As if the 4 metal pieces are not properly aligned.  So... I gently turn it just a bit and press it in again, No luck, no snappy stuff, no red led on the charger.  My ninebot is not charging.

Am I missing something?  The cord is certainly strange to me, but it seems like Im struggling too much for someone who uses wires to charge stuff all the time.  A

has the charger ever worked as it should before? Or have you always had problems? Like @HunkaHunkaBurningLove Said, make sure the prongs are not bent. Also if you have a voltmeter, you might want to check the voltage across the charging prongs. Also can check the voltage and the resistance across the receiving holes on the wheel char ging port to see if one of the contacts got discone ted somehow inside.  Be careful not to cross the contacts.

12 hours ago, Cloud said:

has the charger ever worked as it should before? Or have you always had problems? Like @HunkaHunkaBurningLove Said, make sure the prongs are not bent. Also if you have a voltmeter, you might want to check the voltage across the charging prongs. Also can check the voltage and the resistance across the receiving holes on the wheel char ging port to see if one of the contacts got discone ted somehow inside.  Be careful not to cross the contacts.

Voltage measurement from the charging port won't show nothing if  1)  there is/are reverse protection diode(s) in the BMS   2) The port is disconnected from battery. So not getting a reading could mean either one.

Do not try to measure resistance from the charging port of the wheel (or from a turned on charger for that matter); resistance measurement occurs by the meter outputting a small constant current, and then measuring the voltage drop over the unknown resistance in-between (current is known, voltage can be measured: unknown resistance = voltage drop / constant current value). The problem is, that either the reverse protection diodes will prevent you from doing this, or if there are none, the battery pack voltage will screw up the measurement, and may even damage your meter. 

Resistance measurement should always be done on a circuit without power.

16 hours ago, adamo said:

he charger light is constantly green - indicating that nothing is happening.

My charger went bad a month or so ago, and did this as well. Fortunately, mine was still under warranty and the seller (ninebotus.com) promptly replaced it after some testing that they had me perform to eliminate other possible problems.

Make sure the cord from the wall to the charger is fully inserted in to the charger, mine came out partway once and the light stayed green.  I pushed the plug in to the charger all the way and worked fine.

My charger port slipped out of its grooves once. Take a close look at the plug. It should show some movement / sliding action. If it doesn't, then fuss with it and try to get it back on right. 

Archived