MicroWorks 30B4 EGG mobile app OpenSource

Please get the latest version APK file here:

https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/egg_app/releases

Read the latest messages of this thread to find the latest news.

---

My girlfriend and me, we will soon make an Android app for EGG EUC and the ones that uses MicroWorks 30B4 boards.

The app will be OpenSource and available on GitHub. We hope to do the first commit today. For now, waiting to install de Android SDK on Linux Ubuntu:

received_1227618933937296.jpeg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The app nows read and show all the information sent by the MicroWorks 30B4 controller board.

Missing: none commands are sent, this means for instance no beeps or calibration.

Screenshots:
screenshot_2016-08-12-00-53-03
screenshot_2016-08-12-00-53-50
screenshot_2016-08-12-00-54-45
screenshot_2016-08-12-00-55-02
screenshot_2016-08-12-00-55-12

Downloads

@esaj @Lz Lee @Jessica Wu @Rein-tech

It is like if the connection were done to another Bluetooth device. Can you please unpair your EUC and disable all your Bluetooth devices and try again? Just with 30B4 turned on.

Also, can you please tell us your Android version and screen size?

We have 2 EUCs and the app work on both.

5 minutes ago, electric_vehicle_lover said:

It is like if the connection were done to another Bluetooth device. Can you please unpair your EUC and disable all your Bluetooth devices and try again? Just with 30B4 turned on.

Also, can you please tell us your Android version and screen size?

We have 2 EUCs and the app work on both.

Android version is 4.3 Jelly Bean and screen size 4.3 . I´ll pair it again when I get back home, but I´m quite certain that I picked the correct device when I first tested it.

Mode buttons works now. Horizontal calibration still not working.

Screenshot_2016-08-13-00-17-26.png

Screenshot_2016-08-13-00-17-34.png

Downloads

@esaj, the command for horizontal calibration is not working :-( -- can you please give a look??

public void setRideMode(rideModes rideMode) {
    if (EUCIsConnected() == true) {
        if (rideMode == rideModes.SOFT) {
            EUCSendCommand('s');
            EUCSendCommand('b');
        } else if (rideMode == rideModes.COMFORT) {
            EUCSendCommand('f');
            EUCSendCommand('b');
        } else if (rideMode == rideModes.MADDEN) {
            EUCSendCommand('h');
            EUCSendCommand('b');
        }
    }
}

public void setHorizontalCalibration() {
    if (EUCIsConnected() == true) {
        EUCSendCommand(',');
        EUCSendCommand('c');
        EUCSendCommand('y');
        EUCSendCommand('c');
        EUCSendCommand('y');
        EUCSendCommand('c');
        EUCSendCommand('y');
    }
}

I tested version 4. It now connected after waiting for a moment. Seems to display all functions correctly, but the distance reading is slightly cut off on the upper edge. Changing modes works also. But for some reason I don´t have any of the symbols (battery, speed, temp,,,,) on my screen.

Screenshot_2016-08-13-15-24-16.png

Thanks for the feedback. Seems all the functions works but some visuals are missing - we believe the issue is because the app is not ready for a display of your size (we tested on a 5 and 5.5 inches displays). We hope to address this issue later. Would be possible for you to test on another phone? Thanks.

35 minutes ago, electric_vehicle_lover said:

Thanks for the feedback. Seems all the functions works but some visuals are missing - we believe the issue is because the app is not ready for a display of your size (we tested on a 5 and 5.5 inches displays). We hope to address this issue later. Would be possible for you to test on another phone? Thanks.

I´ll test it as soon as I get my new phone, which is somewhere on its way from China. An idea for future updates - how difficult would it be to add a function which displays max speed, max temp and max amps for a riding session? I think it would be very informative since probably no one keeps monitoring their phones constantly during longer rides. You could see for example if your temperature has at any time reached critical readings during a ride even if you are not watching it constantly.

1 hour ago, MattJ said:

I´ll test it as soon as I get my new phone, which is somewhere on its way from China. An idea for future updates - how difficult would it be to add a function which displays max speed, max temp and max amps for a riding session? I think it would be very informative since probably no one keeps monitoring their phones constantly during longer rides. You could see for example if your temperature has at any time reached critical readings during a ride even if you are not watching it constantly.

I also think that log is something interesting. Maybe also alarms of the differente variables, like other than speed, temperature, current,etc. Maybe Wheelemetrics app from Esaj already do logging (may not work with our boards but should be easy to adapt).

I don't know if we will implemente such features... I hope there are others that can contribute to the code.

1 hour ago, MattJ said:

On 13.8.2016 at 2:30 AM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

Downloads

@esaj, the command for horizontal calibration is not working :-( -- can you please give a look??

Never actually tried all the commands, and can't do so now, as I still don't have a wheel that uses BT :P  The command listing is extracted from the original Gotway app, don't know if they're all the same for the Microworks boards.

Archived