MicroWorks 30B4 EGG mobile app OpenSource

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm working in Egg App to create new features.

A new tab will be available to allow the user to choose alert parameters. 

Next one I want put the app running in background mode.

When I have a new stable version I will put the apk here, to test and receive your feedback. 

Regards!

Screenshot_2016-11-11-12-14-14.png

We just release a new version. Added alerts for speed, battery state and board temperature. When the alerts are activated, the user phone will vibrate.

Please note that alerts are experimental this time. This version have some performance problems when showing the data to the user.

We would like to get your opinion about the alerts:

• do you think will be complicated to the user if he will can define the 2 or 3 alerts simultaneously?

Thanks @EUC-Lover!! We just renamed that menu to Settings :-)

---

Added alerts for speed, battery state and board temperature. When the alerts are activated, the user phone will vibrate.

Please note that alerts are experimental this time. This version have some performance problems when showing the data to the user.
2016-11-16 21 22 08
2016-11-16 21 34 56
2016-11-16 21 22 42
2016-11-16 21 23 00
2016-11-16 21 23 13

Downloads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So another user asked for help to get the app working on his phones with Android 6/7. I just did a new beta release for testing, that should work on Android 6/7 - when I get positive feedback, I will release a stable version.

https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/egg_app/releases/tag/1.1.0-beta1

This is a beta version for testing with this changes:

• change in manifest file for bluetooth permissions in the hope that the app will work on Android 6 and 7
  • added analytics to help understand user usage, like Android versions used

Downloads

On 11/16/2016 at 5:21 PM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

We just release a new version. Added alerts for speed, battery state and board temperature. When the alerts are activated, the user phone will vibrate.

We would like to get your opinion about the alerts:

• do you think will be complicated to the user if he will can define the 2 or 3 alerts simultaneously?

Thanks @EUC-Lover!! We just renamed that menu to Settings :-)

---

Added alerts for speed, battery state and board temperature. When the alerts are activated, the user phone will vibrate.

2016-11-16 21 22 08
2016-11-16 21 34 56
2016-11-16 21 22 42
2016-11-16 21 23 00
2016-11-16 21 23 13

Downloads

This is great! I suggest changing "Alerts my when" to "Alert me when".

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 

I m a new menber located in FRANCE 

Thanks for all the works you ve done with the 30b4 motherboard and spécial congratulation to MATT J for his brilliant stl print i m using ..

Does someone found the solution because the 1.1.0 beta still doesn t want to discover my bluetooth device on SAMSUNG GS5 6.0.1.

If HYPERAIR can post the solution it ll be magic .

Thanxs for your help .

Hi Arnold.

You are welcome. Yes, @MattJ design is great!! I will need to print other for me and I think I will use that design this time.

About the app, maybe the solution found by the other users will work for you - can you please test and report? See here: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/egg_app/issues/1

And finally, can you please share with us some pictures of your build? :-) :-)

Ok i hope he 'll post the new print because it looks fabulous .

I have a question :

Do you think 30b4 motherboard can support 16 inch IPS wheel by changing firmware parameters.

When i connect the wheel it accelerate ok during 1 second after the speed is relatively slow and itdoesn't seem to turn correctly  ( not stable )

I ve heard things about magnet and coils perhaps electronic doesn't manage to calculate info from existing mosfet .

1 hour ago, arnold said:

Ok i hope he 'll post the new print because it looks fabulous .

I have a question :

Do you think 30b4 motherboard can support 16 inch IPS wheel by changing firmware parameters.

When i connect the wheel it accelerate ok during 1 second after the speed is relatively slow and itdoesn't seem to turn correctly  ( not stable )

I ve heard things about magnet and coils perhaps electronic doesn't manage to calculate info from existing mosfet .

No one were able to use this board controller with others motors -- there aren't any option on firmware to "configure" for other motors.

On 02/03/2017 at 2:06 PM, arnold said:

Do you think 30b4 motherboard can support 16 inch IPS wheel

Salut Arnold,

sais tu si ton moteur IPS de 16" est un 500W (nominal) et si il supporte une alimentation de 60V nominal?

Car tu peux aussi utiliser une carte de GOTWAY MCM4, je l'ai fait sur un moteur 500W de 16 pouces (la wheel orange dans ma signature ci dessous). Donc dans mon cas c'est l'appli GOTWAY permet de faire les réglages.

17 hours ago, smallexis said:

Salut Arnold,

sais tu si ton moteur IPS de 16" est un 500W (nominal) et si il supporte une alimentation de 60V nominal?

Car tu peux aussi utiliser une carte de GOTWAY MCM4, je l'ai fait sur un moteur 500W de 16 pouces (la wheel orange dans ma signature ci dessous). Donc dans mon cas c'est l'appli GOTWAY permet de faire les réglages.

looks like some people forget they use Google Translate when responding?

.')

Bonjour Smallexis,

Merci pour ton post et pour ta solution sauf que seul hic la carte gotway en firmware officiel ne possède pas la possibilité de la mettre en horizontal  sauf erreur de ma part ?

Pour ce qui est des caractéristiques moteurs j'ai acheté un lot de 6 moteurs et je croix que c'est du 600w voir 1000w mais rien n'est certain.

Thanks for your post but gotway motherboard doesn t support horizontal mode i think .

no you can calibrate horizontal position with this Mother board. And original power of mcm4 motor is 800W  so this board is available for power motor over 500W 

On 28.2.2017 at 3:40 PM, electric_vehicle_lover said:

Seems @MattJ is being away on last months... Let's wait and see.

Sorry guys - I´ve been so busy with another 3D print project (related to scuba diving)  that it has taken up most of my free time. All my unicycling has been on hold because we still have lots of snow outside. I´ll try to finish the new design within the next couple of weeks.

Very nice build - at first glance, I thought it was a picture of my own one, but your finish is even nicer :D  How do you like it so far?

On 28.2.2017 at 1:14 PM, arnold said:

monoroue 14.jpg

monoroue 14.jpg

Archived