Is this 18" Ring Wheel from Fastwheel for Real?

... and does it come in teal with a price that is a steal? :lol:   I remember all the hype from Inventist regarding their hub-less prototype wheel.  I can't remember the name of it, but I ran across some photos of a similar design... has anyone bought one of these?

http://www.selfbalanceelectricscooter.com/sale-5355649-18-inch-gyroscopic-electric-unicycle-fashion-sport-one-wheel-stand-up-scooter.html

pl8733605-18_inch_gyroscopic_electric_un

pl8731334-self_balancing_gyroscope_elect

e70646ccc1b936b3fd7768b70d02240e.jpg

On a side note, check out this shell case design - pretty sleek looking!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8AB3199078

A8AB_130801530864494658JV3WT2HkNn.jpg

Ew - that's the wheel that almost cost @Geowurm his leg :blink:...

57 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

On a side note, check out this shell case design - pretty sleek looking!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8AB3199078

A8AB_130801530864494658JV3WT2HkNn.jpg

Expensive for a wheel with a 100WH battery. I have seen this modell with a slightly larger battery for around $400 on DHgate.

A webstore in Singapore sell them for around $200. It seems too cheap to be true. Is this a genuine webstore in Singapore?

Lawang Sport

http://lawangsport.com/index.php?route=product/manufacturer/info&manufacturer_id=35

Manufacturer homepage

http://www.osdrich.com/en/index.php/products/info/10/1

I've seen some people mention that they ride an Osdrich wheel, but I've never seen any photos of them.  The T series one looks pretty slick in terms of esthetic design.  I wouldn't pay $600 for a wheel with a 100 wh battery to be sure, but I just like the unique look of the case. It looks like with this wheel form may be taking precedence over function.

3 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

It looks like with this wheel form may be taking precedence over function.

Surely not - a wheel with a "turning radius" of 0m has to be extremely functional.   :rolleyes:

Though I wonder if the average rider may have to dismount to achieve that feat. 

This wheel has been discussed a few times in the past. It was announced well over a year ago and I'm not at all convinced it is actually available yet? It uses a small radio control like brushless motor with a big planetary like gear box, I have real issues with how reliable and practical such an arrangement is. See: 

I should point out the company advertising this wheel in the above post have been flagged by a user on this forum as taking the money and failing to deliver, the company failed to respond at all to the accusations which is very very worrying.

See also this more than year old forum on this wheel: 

3 hours ago, THG said:

A webstore in Singapore sell them for around $200

I got mine for $300 from a seller on craigslist.  H claimed it was the top of the line T1 with the biggest battery, but mine has the small battery.

4 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

that's the wheel that almost cost @Geowurm his leg :blink:

I think it was his other wheel that did that, he pulled the Osdrich out and charged it to ride, then changed his mind because he hadn't fully healed yet.  There is a picture of him riding the Osdrich in a recent reply.  With the shape of pads it looks like you could put a superman s on it doesn't it?

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I got mine for $300 from a seller on craigslist.  H claimed it was the top of the line T1 with the biggest battery, but mine has the small battery.

Newegg sell this wheel for $619 with the smallest battery, so I believe that you made yourself a pretty good deal on this wheel. According to what the manufacturer writes on the website, the battery seems to be removable. This is one of the features that I wish more manufacturers could have on their products. 

I could have sworn this was a thread about the Fastwheel Ring Wheel (which, I assume nobody has got?) not the Osdrich.

still........

9 hours ago, THG said:

According to what the manufacturer writes on the website, the battery seems to be removable. This is one of the features that I wish more manufacturers could have on their products. 

I'm not at all sure you really do, both the Uniwheel and KingSong 14B have removable batteries and neither seems to be very well liked as they end up with what members here seem to  perceive as very small batteries for what they cost, indeed @HunkaHunkaBurningLove Makes that point about the Osdrich:

12 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I wouldn't pay $600 for a wheel with a 100 wh battery to be sure,

P.S. I love the picture of a guy getting off of a plane with one on the 'T' series page: http://www.osdrich.com/en/index.php/products/info/10/1 - presumably "Breakfast in London, Dinner in NewYork, battery on a cargo ship somewhere"!

8 hours ago, Keith said:

I'm not at all sure you really do, both the Uniwheel and KingSong 14B have removable batteries and neither seems to be very well liked as they end up with what members here seem to  perceive as very small batteries for what they cost, indeed @HunkaHunkaBurningLove Makes that point about the Osdrich:

King Song seems to only provide a small 172Wh battery pack to their model 14B. I understand that most people choose a modell with a larger battery pack like 520WH to 680WH, I would also do that if 172Wh was the only option. Osdrich offers batteri packs from 100Wh to 400Wh, which is a better option in terms of range. 

Archived