KS16 teardown pics (Warning: image-heavy)

esaj

7 hours ago, esaj said:

The actual reason I was looking at these is that I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible to cram two separate 16S1P-battery packs on each side (they both have something like about 9mm thick heatsink-plated BMSs). ;)

I'd assume yes - but @Blunzncould look at the exact measures (shortly?). Don't know if he already changed the offroad tire back to the normal one... But he now ordered already a new offroad tire and will  try it, as soon as it arrives-so at least then he could give you precise measures...

• Upvote 1

havent found the mad mike on stock ... so i ordered it and it'll take some days. probably wednesday.

you have on both sides this small compartment where the speakers are located. if you remove them there should be quite some space, but one one side the motor cable runs through it, not sure if you can cram the motor plug further up in the mainboard area.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

havent found the mad mike on stock ... so i ordered it and it'll take some days. probably wednesday.

you have on both sides this small compartment where the speakers are located. if you remove them there should be quite some space, but one one side the motor cable runs through it, not sure if you can cram the motor plug further up in the mainboard area.

It seems the packs usually used in KS16 have "offset-packing":

packing-linear-and-offset.jpg?w=640

So there should be some wiggle room "sideways" (back-to-front from the "wheel perspective"). That should be enough to run cabling on the side, as I have separate 16S1P-packs, but I'm mostly worried whether the "depth" of the compartments is enough (sideways from the "wheel perspective"). Here's a bad picture of what I mean (not to scale, probably):

QE682rp.png

The black circles are the cells, red rectangles are the BMSs

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I got my brand new KS 16 840Wh yesterday, and I've been thinking about adding some mods..
As Maestro suggests, an added USB 2,1A charge port, with -proper- electronics, would be great.

Also, after reading the thread about the UK based Uniwheel, which has an easily accessible fuse inside the side hatch, that can be removed to completely isolate the battery from the rest of the electronics.
I was thinking about adding a key switch, both as security, but also to cut off the battery. Would this be enough to satisfy airport security, or do i need to physically disconnect it?

40 minutes ago, Håvard Hamran said:

I was thinking about adding a key switch, both as security, but also to cut off the battery. Would this be enough to satisfy airport security, or do i need to physically disconnect it?

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new wheel! Adding the battery "cut off" switch would be a bit tricky as it would need to withstand the high current and voltage. It would though not help to allow you carry or even check in the wheel as the issue is with the large battery itself independent if it's present in / connected to the wheel or not.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Håvard Hamran said:

Hey,

I got my brand new KS 16 840Wh yesterday, and I've been thinking about adding some mods..
As Maestro suggests, an added USB 2,1A charge port, with -proper- electronics, would be great.

Also, after reading the thread about the UK based Uniwheel, which has an easily accessible fuse inside the side hatch, that can be removed to completely isolate the battery from the rest of the electronics.

this all will not satisfy airport security!

you are not allowed to cary any batterie higher than 160wh pack in handbaggage or luggage!

nearly all airlines also banned Euc and hoverboard and segway in general from board...even WITHOUT a batterie! i learned myself the hard way!

so even disconnect will not help by any means!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Not allowed to carry more that 160wh, but in france, spain, germany, thery never loocked at my bubuled package of battery of 320wh or overboard pack, i saw an wheelchair man with an 1Kwh on board pack