Upgrade to 25kmh inmotion v5+

Jeko

Hi, guys, 

anyone can help me with this problem?

i want upgrade the speed of my inmotion v5 to 25kmh!!

i already ask to my seller but he can't do that :(

anyone can send me the APK and tell me how upgrade the inmotion?

is too much difficult made it by myself? i will pay for this service (api and "tutorial")

please,

Andrea

Where did you find/learn that you can increase speed? Only way is to rewrite firmware and make sure wiring, motor, & electronics can handle increase amperage... Buy a Gotway is easier....

2 hours ago, Jeko said:

i want upgrade the speed of my inmotion v5 to 25kmh!!

to cut the long story short: what you ask is impossible (it's not just the firmware but also the controller and motor that makes the upcoming inmotion v5F wheel reach 25km/h)

edit: I might be wrong considering the thread that @Cloud refers to below. Still, if I understand correctly there's talk about unlocking higher top speed of v5+, not upgrading v5 to (an unlocked) v5+ via software only... @Jason McNeil is probably the best person to shed some light on it.

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

Where did you find/learn that you can increase speed? Only way is to rewrite firmware and make sure wiring, motor, & electronics can handle increase amperage... Buy a Gotway is easier....

It can be done as reported on these posts....

2 hours ago, Tomek said:

not just the firmware but also the controller and motor that makes the upcoming inmotion v5F wheel reach 25km/h

The V5F has a new upgraded motor that is capable of a higher RPM. IMO Inmotion are one of the real leaders of self-balancing tech today. All their stuff is created from the ground up, they have a very strong engineering team & a keen eye for quality detail.

One of the more interesting aspects of their Wheels is the use of 72v vs. 67.2v found in the typical Wheel; in theory this higher voltage provides a higher speed potential. 

Mod can close this tread!!

i solve with the android app, downloaded from web in apk, the speed was lock to 15 so the tilt back stop me at 15 kmh, now with that app I increase the speed to 20, now is perfect, like my old Ninebot one e

41 minutes ago, Jeko said:

i solve with the android app, downloaded from web in apk, the speed was lock to 15 so the tilt back stop me at 15 kmh, now with that app I increase the speed to 20, now is perfect, like my old Ninebot one e

can you add a link?

@Jason McNeil out of curiousity, do you know what/if are the hardware differences between v5 and v5+

I also think InMotion is on the right track to outpace Gotway and KingSong (now they seem to be already ahead in everything but power/speed/range, but slowly getting there too, as it seems)

2 hours ago, Tomek said:

can you add a link?

When I download the inmotion app from play store (android) and start it, the app ask to me if I would like download a new version in apk!!

so I don't have the link but this is the way for find a new app :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4.5.2016 at 8:50 AM, Tomek said:

I also think InMotion is on the right track to outpace Gotway and KingSong

it also says (good) volumes about the market when a brand new company can grow and improve so quickly. Seems like the EUC market is alive and well! Let's hope we can avoid the Hoverflameboard disaster with our EUCs.

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

anyone solved upgrading speed of V5+ max speed to 25km/h? Some app link? My original inmotion app do not let me increase the speed more than 20 km per hour.

Thank for response.

On 5/4/2016 at 6:59 AM, Jeko said:

Where did you download the apk pls?

@Jenkys, the problem with resurrecting a very old thread like this is that, if you check the profiles of the main posters above, you will see that not one of them has logged into this forum since August 2016 - I.e. don’t hold your breath for a reply!

I personally do not know the V5 very well, so do not know if apps for the later V8 and V10 wheels will also connect to yours but have you looked at the threads for the newer Inmotion wheels such as the below: 

Finally, please bear in mind that, as it says in this thread, the V5F had a much more powerful motor than the V5. Although Inmotion are quite conservative with their wheels, depending on your weight, you may risk Faceplanting if you try to speed up much further.

Archived