eBay cheap EUC to Ninebot C+....

Scully

After 6 months of riding a '£200 eBay special' EUC, a month ago I upgraded to the Ninebot C+, I wasn't expecting much difference - I mean, how different can they be?  

My old one decided to randomly cut off on me, causing a faceplant on the way to work - that was when I decided it had to go. 

It's been like going form an F reg Fiesta to a brand new Mondeo - the difference is amazing. 

After doing 50 miles on the Ninebot I decided to 'jump' on the old one, for a quick ride up the driveway - that was when I realised what a waste of time the old one is, its wobbly, the power delivery isn't as smooth, it throws you off when you try and ride a dropped kerb, the range is awful (2-3 miles), there is a risk of faceplant. All of these things make the old wheel so much more difficult to ride. 
I wonder how many people have bought these cheap ones, to then give up - never to realise their potential on  a proper machine. 

Please do not waste your money on a cheap electric unicycle - it simply doesn't do the product / sport justice! 

Since I love the Ninebot so much, I've already ordered an E+, I'm looking forward to the extended battery range and the bigger motor (i'm not a small guy) so the bigger motor will have me wizzing up the hills up in no time!

I used have a cheap one too. Boy did it take abuse? I was careless on purpose and dinged it pretty well while learning. I couldn't have done that on new Ninebot One E+. Wondering what made  you to opt for Ninebots instead of something else?

Basically it was a local supplier, I could get one that same day. 

I am pleased with that decision, I'm happy enough with the speed, and the power delivery is amazing.  I just need to work out how to master steep down hills now.

Yes, the cheap one did take some abuse - but I wonder if i'd have had a good one from the start, would there have been so much abuse dished out?

Some cheap generics aren't as bad as others.  I'm still happy with mine, but I'm itching at trying some other wheels.  For what I paid which was $229 USD delivered, I think I got a pretty good deal.  Mine hasn't cut out on me yet, but I don't push it that hard. It is what it is, and it has been good to me so I appreciate it.  It's slow speed keeps me safe, and I don't worry about damaging it as much as say a $800-1000 priced item.

I figure it's like your first car.  It's nice to drive a junker when learning how to drive, and you learn to appreciate how much nicer your next vehicle is.  That doesn't mean you don't have some good memories with the first one.

7 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Some cheap generics aren't as bad as others.  I'm still happy with mine, but I'm itching at trying some other wheels.  For what I paid which was $229 USD delivered, I think I got a pretty good deal.  Mine hasn't cut out on me yet, but I don't push it that hard. It is what it is, and it has been good to me so I appreciate it.  It's slow speed keeps me safe, and I don't worry about damaging it as much as say a $800-1000 priced item.

I figure it's like your first car.  It's nice to drive a junker when learning how to drive, and you learn to appreciate how much nicer your next vehicle is.  That doesn't mean you don't have some good memories with the first one.

When I want to get high, I ride my cheap generic. It gives me a feeling of vertigo whenever it tilts back at 12km/h. :lol:

I have a TG F3, available for $285.55 at BangGood.com as I type this. I think it's an excellent value. It has great styling, smooth ride, long battery life. A negative is that it tilts back so early that it can be hard to ride uphill. All things considered, I easily recommend it for a starter or budget wheel. My primary wheel is an IPS 121, which would encourage anyone to consider when looking for a serious wheel.

19 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I have a TG F3, available for $285.55 at BangGood.com as I type this. I think it's an excellent value. It has great styling, smooth ride, long battery life. A negative is that it tilts back so early that it can be hard to ride uphill. All things considered, I easily recommend it for a starter or budget wheel. My primary wheel is an IPS 121, which would encourage anyone to consider when looking for a serious wheel.

Sounds like a very good starter wheel.  I got the even cheaper TG T3 which is 132WH and fell off twice due mainly to inexperience combined with weak performance,  But some people have given good reviews to the 260 WH TGF3.. Now I have a  Ninebot one E+ which feels way more powerful and safe than the TG T3.  But the TGF3 sounds comparable to Ninebotone E+

IPS have low end models too. I would buy something from them rather than cheaply made no name brands. But you no matter what you buy you will outgrow it within weeks. So the theory is to get a decent wheel even if it is more expensive upfront. Theory anyway.

11 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

IPS have low end models too. I would buy something from them rather than cheaply made no name brands.

IPS I130 $270.99 at banggood.com until 5/31/2016

Archived