Inmotion E25 (details pending)

RagingGrandpa

Well I hate the shape of it, but that's some pretty innovative and helpful features they are adding there - group audio sharing and remote-locking are fairly significant additions, though I can see some potential problems with both those features... Quite a few of the new features seem to suggest they realise it is more eminently steal-able than bigger, heavier wheels... my worry would be that unless it is obvious that the wheel is irrevocably locked it not working doesn't stop people picking it up and walking off with it regardless, although we'd hope the tracking might increase the chances of getting it back at some point. No matter how small my wheel I'd prefer taking it with me and an included trolley handle than just leaving it anywhere.

Still, nice to see suspension in something so small and it should get a lot more people into the hobby if its not madly expensive.

Edited by Cerbera

I’m semi confused by the group ride auto sharing. Unless inmotion is adding this feature to all of their new releases, I don’t see this wheel being used on a lot of group rides. It’s a very niche wheel that not everyone will be interested in. Am I missing something? 

Niche? could it be the 50+ kg behemoths are the actual niche?

Maybe this is in the range foreseen to become mainstream. After all the ever bigger & heavier developments, my bet is there will be some regrouping and that's where the mainstream will go.

Sure there are 1,500 cc, 1000 cc, etc motorcycles out there for the diehards, but put them all together and they pale in the face of the 125 to 250 cc market. A manufacturer would be silly to lose its foothold where the actual, bread and butter sales lie.

Edited by mmk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Unless inmotion is adding this feature to all of their new releases

Pretty sure they will. All these (like built-in GPS+tracking) sound like general new Inmotion QOL features.

And even if not, audio sharing can be a great lock-in feature. If your friends have an E25, which beginner wheel are you going to buy? Something else, or the one that allows you to confuse pedestrians with synchronized moo sounds coming from your group outing? The possibilities are endless (and pointless, but that never stopped anybody):D. It's the iMessage of EUCs! "I have to buy an E25/Inmotion because al my friends have one...".

50 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

my worry would be that unless it is obvious that the wheel is irrevocably locked it not working doesn't stop people picking it up and walking off with it regardless

They could just display "Locked and GPS-tracked" on the display (is there a display?) or something like that, at least briefly whenever the switched-off wheel is moved, plus some beeps/alarms then. Surely such a mode could be added by IM and enabled by the rider.

Anyways, who would not use a bike lock on a EUC left alone somewhere? What monster would leave a EUC alone in the first place?;)

• Like 2

Interesting looking wheel. No specs on size of tire or motor, battery, etc..

Wonder if the suspension is adjustable at all.. Or if its just setup in one way.

Some decent "smart" type features.. Wonder how they work. Worth a watch for that alone. Hopefully some stuff makes it to other higher end wheels in the future if they work well on this wheel.

Also, hoping they improved the ease of maintenance over the V11; it was one of the main problems with recommending it to beginners, and looks like this might be a new candidate for that.

8 hours ago, mmk said:

Niche? could it be the 50+ kg behemoths are the actual niche?

Maybe this is in the range foreseen to become mainstream. After all the ever bigger & heavier developments, my bet is there will be some regrouping and that's where the mainstream will go.

Sure there are 1,500 cc, 1000 cc, etc motorcycles out there for the diehards, but put them all together and they pale in the face of the 125 to 250 cc market. A manufacturer would be silly to lose its foothold where the actual, bread and butter sales lie.

Exactly. I introduced to EUC's quite a few friends and family members by now, around a dozen people or so. Every single one of them, if buying or considering a wheel, looks at Inmotion V8/V10 lineup, King songs 14d and 16s, or an MCM/MTEN wheel. When it comes to daily commuting and going for a leisure trip once in a while, smaller wheels are the obvious choice for most of the population (of course the price is one of the main factors too, and people inevitably compare them to electric scooters, for example, which in some cases can be had for very cheap in comparison, even though we on the forum don't look at them as comparable machines). That's at least case for European cities, but I imagine in the densly populated areas in Asia, where most people in the world live, the situation is similar.

I guess we could also compare the userbase to car drivers somewhat. Forums and discussion boards gather rather the enthusiasts and people for whom cars are, if not a way of life, at least a hobby. Yet the average Joe and plain Jane are using their cars for daily transportation and don't care about the associated culture.

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And even if not, audio sharing can be a great lock-in feature. If your friends have an E25, which beginner wheel are you going to buy? Something else, or the one that allows you to confuse pedestrians with synchronized moo sounds coming from your group outing? The possibilities are endless (and pointless, but that never stopped anybody). It's the iMessage of EUCs! "I have to buy an E25/Inmotion because al my friends have one...".

Good point, I didn't think of that.

Edited by Tomallo
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Still, nice to see suspension in something so small

Edit: I wrote a post asking where's the information about suspension but there it is right at the post. Just missed it. 

So yes, it seems like it has one and totally hidden. Interesting to see the mechanism once revealed. Good to see suspension coming to this class of wheels also. 

Edited by UniVehje

I also will be interested - if it does at least 40kph. (More - even better.)

Doh for me the tire size needs to be something bigger than 10".

I would love to see a 12" rim at least.. But to me it looks like E25 has 10" rim. And tire itself looks like 2.5". Not even 3" wide... (I hope that's just rendering thing, where size doesn't look that right..)

Just looking at size and tire itself being inside case - makes tire very smallish. Now if it was 16x2.5" or 16x3" I would instantly think about buying it. (Lowest i'm willing to go is 14x3.5" tire. Or maybe.. 14x3".)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Funky said:

I also will be interested - if it does at least 40kph. (More - even better.)

Doh for me the tire size needs to be something bigger than 10".

I would love to see a 12" rim at least.. But to me it looks like E25 has 10" rim. And tire itself looks like 2.5". Not even 3" wide... (I hope that's just rendering thing, where size doesn't look that right..)

Just looking at size and tire itself being inside case - makes tire very smallish. Now if it was 16x2.5" or 16x3" I would instantly think about buying it. (Lowest i'm willing to go is 14x3.5" tire. Or maybe.. 14x3".)

I am searching for the exact same wheel as you.....hope I wont wait 5 more years :/

• Like 1

The very popular V8 series used a 16 inch wheel, which was perfect for general use. A smaller diameter gives a harsher ride, and a larger diameter increases weight. If they are going for the V8/V10 market..it should do well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nostris said:

The very popular V8 series used a 16 inch wheel, which was perfect for general use. A smaller diameter gives a harsher ride, and a larger diameter increases weight. If they are going for the V8/V10 market..it should do well.

That's the thing - they are using 10" rim and then use 3.5" fat tire to get the 16" wheel size.. (At least going by Falcon, A2. Or in that matter most wheels are going for fatter/wider tires as possible.)

Best option is to use 12" rim and have enough space for any width tire. The user can choose to install big fat tire, or skinny one for weight savings.

Yes - even KS16S used 16" wheel. And it was perfect for daily small errands. 16" wheel is overall the best. And they should not go smaller.. I have doubts that E25 will have 16" wheel. Likely a 14".

Edited by Funky

29 minutes ago, Funky said:

That's the thing - they are using 10" rim and then use 3.5" fat tire to get the 16" wheel size..

While the render we are being fed may be less than clear and even misleading, I'd say that tire doesn't look all that fat.

Assuming run of the mill pedal size, I'd bet on 12" rim & 16" tire. Here's hoping.

And I kind of like the jerry-can-with-wheel look.

Edited by mmk
  • Like 2

By the proportions of those pedals compared to the wheel/tyre, i don't think its a 16" tyre, seems to be a 14" or less.

I would prefer a 16" tyre on a wheel like this, its a good compromise between portability/stability/nimbleness, but the 14" seems to be working fine for the Falcon so there is that too.

I also prefer inconspicuous looks for a practical wheel like this, that way employees/security don't give it a second look when i get it into stores, my 16xs is perfect for that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the better image.

.....  but look at what is not visible.... barely any screws !!  could be a blessing or a curse....

Yup, maybe smaller than 16"

Edited by mmk

5 minutes ago, mmk said:

.....  but look at what is not visible.... barely any screws !!  could be a blessing or a curse....

It looks like like whole case lifts up and away.  Or maybe there is a separation line under the black color?

Those black grills may "pop" out and hide all the screws.. :D

one practical thing they overlooked is to leave the tyre to be as exposed as possible, this acts like a protective barrier, specially for newbies and when you are practicing tricks on the wheel and it goes by itself, at least a bit of the front and back would be really practical.

a shell covering those parts means the shell is going to take the impact instead of the tyre.

Edited by Manoloco
  • Upvote 1