Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S

onkeldanuel

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Of course it's loose in this context since it's resting on one suspension leg, what's your point?

I second this. That wobbling is the design of the SS, Patton, and Lynx. It's like unscrewing one bolt that holds a tire on a motorcycle and saying, "see, it wobbles."

In the attempt to confidently identify looseness, or anything that resembles it, one must factor not only whether the screws are properly tightened, but the tire pressure, the tire tread pattern, tire wear, pad setup, the lean angle, and even the terrain. 

Granted, one could control for only a few of those variables and suggest an average estimate for the others and be able to say "the Lynx feels a little looser than another wheel, given the same tire, psi, etc." However, most of the perspectives lack even the details about which tires were mounted on which "loose" or "tight" Lynx.

I trust each rider's experience is accurate. And I still want to read more detail before I could come to any conclusions.

Interesting battery configuration:

(1) Veteran Lynx:      36 cells x 4P =>151.2 V,    2700 Wh

(2) Kingsong F22:    37 cells x 4P => 155.4 V,   2738 Wh

Suspension Travel:  90 mm.

In the video, Kingsong makes the following claims. My guess is that it's making a reference to its own S22 Pro, or the Veteran Lynx:

(1) Faster Speed

(2) Super Bright Light

(3) Better Suspension

(4) Bigger battery

(5) Stronger Motor

If it is the latter, then maybe it can claim to be Lynx Killer?

If the F22 can outperform the Lynx in a meaningful way, I would be interested. I wonder if they can also claim to have a higher chassis stiffness than the Lynx too.

In any case, the proof will be in the pudding, so we patiently wait.

1 hour ago, Duster said:

In the attempt to confidently identify looseness, or anything that resembles it, one must factor not only whether the screws are properly tightened, but the tire pressure, the tire tread pattern, tire wear, pad setup, the lean angle, and even the terrain. 

By that, you mean "play" and deflection due to lack of structural rigidity? 

• Like 1

Looks like an even more Chinese Lynx.. Jesus those tail lights what are they thinking? Did they hire Homer Simpsons as a design consultant on this project?

I don't see weight being listed anywhere?

I dunno about this one, I get a bit of a potato feeling.

6 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I don't see weight being listed anywhere?

I dunno about this one, I get a bit of a potato feeling.

I have been having that feeling since 2020 year..

Also don't be like me.. :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I like it's but-cheek rear light doh! That's innovation right there, if i ever seen one.

People who cried about bad rear lights should be happy now. :) You get two full moons worth. And a brick on top of it.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 12:00 PM, US69 said:

Knowing KS quite a while (6-7 years) they always had their problems with high voltage wheels. Perhaps thats, and because of Jasons extreme pressure, they were the only companyreducing voltage again (S19, S16).

Begode and Inmotion both continue to produce wheels of varying voltage. A2, T4, Mten, Falcon & V11y and V10f (still produced).

How are they ever hoping to get these legally classified with those tail lights. 

I like the USB ports. I actually miss them and would have use for them. Otherwise seems like more numbers game, one-upping the Lynx in meaningless numbers. 

Not tempted but only real test ride matters. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

How are they ever hoping to get these legally classified with those tail lights. 

They say in the blurb it has customisable lights, did they ever give the option to go red on the backlight on the S22? Not holding my breath.

• Like 1

We got the DIY power pad option often asked for. Nice to have USB back. Has potential to be either amazing... or not. I quite like it still looks like a toy, keeps the old bill off my back.  This might be a good all-rounder wheel for me and the New Leaperkim for distance. Time will tell. 

If this is supposed to be a high speed wheel, i don't know why they put a 14" tire on it. The one down side to my v14 is the small tire diameter, it makes it squirly over the road at speed. I much prefer the 16" v13 tire.

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

By that, you mean "play" and deflection due to lack of structural rigidity? 

Yes. And when you say "deflection" you must know that tires have that variable too? So, testing play between two wheels is not accurate when one has, say, a Michelin street tire vs an aggressive off-road tire. The sidewalls are different, which creates difference in tire deflection. And that's not even including how the contact patches are different, how their treads react to turning differently, their different profiles...

To attribute difference in ride feel solely to "it's got poor construction" without at least testing the influence of tires (among other variables, like tightening screws), with a small sample size to boot, is to make a bad faith conclusion. Or, at least, one with poor structural integrity.

5 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

If this is supposed to be a high speed wheel, i don't know why they put a 14" tire on it. The one down side to my v14 is the small tire diameter, it makes it squirly over the road at speed. I much prefer the 16" v13 tire.

It's a 14" rim. That's the same as marketed as 18" and 20" wheels.

Posted (edited)

It looks solidly built. I wish they didn't put those gimmicky tail lights on it though. I don't know what it is with KS in that they make all their lights this way. Other than that, 5K motor, pretty good battery size, it looks solidly built, etc. I am curious what the trolley would be like since I always feel like its a weak point on EUCs that I've had (except the CP). Guess it doesn't matter though as I'm not buying another EUC for a long, long, long time... waterproofing is also a huge plus for me, but not sure if this thing has it. I also like how the ergonomics are, especially that there are no parts sticking out if a crash occurs it would break them +1

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

Things to watch out for:

Bolt and Motor bolt durability/strength.

Correct voltage of Mosfets >200V

Waterproofing batteries/shrink-wrapped?

Motherboard Charge ports, buttons and motor wire waterproofness?

Integrity of bodywork/Handle?

Weight.

Room for tyre options?

Posted (edited)

I would add to that "ease of disassembly."

The S22 is relatively easy except many of the bolts are easy to strip or bend.

Edited by litewave