Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S

onkeldanuel

11 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Looks like the screws on the clamps are not properly torqued.

But he demonstrated it on a few random Lynx's at the race.

Usually the top racers at this high level races have dealer support with their techs there.

Just curious, are you saying that you have tried the same test on your Lynx, and it didn't flex like that?

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

But he demonstrated it on a few random Lynx's at the race.

Usually the top racers at this high level races have dealer support with their techs there.

Just curious, are you saying that you have tried the same test on your Lynx, and it didn't flex like that?

Tiny bit of flex, not like that, I don't see it as a problem.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Tiny bit of flex, not like that, I don't see it as a problem.

Interesting. I wonder why the US racers haven't been able to figure this out, if the culprit is just improper assembly procedure? Hmmm.

I think somebody should investigate and document the findings in a video.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Interesting. I wonder why the US racers haven't been able to figure this out, if the culprit is just improper assembly procedure? Hmmm.

I think somebody should investigate and document the findings in a video.

Can only speculate, maybe they're torquing by hand? Seems like a pretty common practice.

Even in the video example Roger says: "Mine is not that bad" so yeah.

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Even in the video example Roger says: "Mine is not that bad" so yeah.

and after he says that they test his wheel and find it actually is, literally 10 seconds later. I don't think its an issue for general run of the mill riding otherwise others would report on it. But without trying it I feel uncomfortable with the idea of this shortfall going at faster highway speeds but thats just my opinion. I have noticed the Lynx must be an amazing wheel to ride because it has had so many issues since launch but everyone is still very happy with them and the company. Says a lot.

3 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

and after he says that they test his wheel and find it actually is, literally 10 seconds later. I don't think its an issue for general run of the mill riding otherwise others would report on it. But without trying it I feel uncomfortable with the idea of this shortfall going at faster highway speeds but thats just my opinion. I have noticed the Lynx must be an amazing wheel to ride because it has had so many issues since launch but everyone is still very happy with them and the company. Says a lot.

Aha I missed that was focused on the mentioned timestamp.

Well it hasn't had any serious issues, minor things, nothing critical that is why people still enjoy it so much, it's a fantastic and fun wheel to ride, here in Stockholm we have really put it through it's paces and it holds up great, gnarly offroad, jumping, speeding.

But yeah the minor things are annoying, inaccurate PWM reporting and EMI interference being the two main things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

image.thumb.png.687dcb99880a0f5cb7e906eb4f8e42d4.png

How do we discuss a wheel without the information of spec? LoL

What i am missing in all this discussion is the amount of Mosfets and Caps used.

When KS still is using their 12Mosfet standard board, this wheel is dead on arrival, period!

It will never have any chance to use the power/torque/amps available on the announced 155,4 Volt 50s battery with that kind of board!

For those speaking about a „176V configuration“:

First of all that (176v) sounds more like a 42 x 4,2V System. I NEVER ever heard of a 4,4V battery (read about 40 x 4,4v) used in any industrial system, especially not one that has the Li -ion high density AND is affordable for producers. And when i have a bit of knowledge then its about batteries, having produced my own 42p packs and more.

I am allways willing to learn more, but until this special „4,4V battery“ has been named and pointed out exactly on a data sheet, i will put these rumours under „internet myth“…..

Knowing KS quite a while (6-7 years) they always had their problems with high voltage wheels. Perhaps thats, and because of Jasons extreme pressure, they were the only companyreducing voltage again (S19, S16).

I am VERY eager to know, if there F22 has near anywhere near the power of a Lynx or EVEN a 134V master. Personally….i doubt it. 🤷‍♂️

Just my -uneducated- 2 cents

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 6:04 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

What I'm hoping is that the 4 stanchion set up is more rigid and helps eliminate the kind of issue the Lynx has (although the Master looks pretty solid). 

I would rather have solid bridge between stanchion as on motocycle fork, than 4 stachion. 

After first dissasembly of my lynx I be happy to replace it with F22 ... if it be solid. Lynx is defenetly not solid lasting wheel.

Edited by daniel1234

19 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

I would rather have solid bridge between stanchion as on motocycle fork, than 4 stachion. 

I think the evolution of EUC's is great to witness. I am glad they are trying something different and hope it works because it looks elegant and strong, potential to easily change tyres, protection from mud and dirt flung up by wheel and ease of cleaning. But I am under no illusions that it might not work out like that. I have no expectations it will be faster than a Lynx or as well built (even if rigid).  A solid bridge on all stanchions whether 2 or 4. Robust and strong, makes total sense. I guess it would be nice if they find a form factor that really works and has very little shortcomings that all the manufacturers can adopt and use. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, US69 said:

i will put these rumours under „internet myth“…

It was first mentioned and shown in the vlog on page 5. So seems to be a real development. Doing a bit of google search also shows it has been researched and is being implemented in some test cars.

Edited by The Brahan Seer

3 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

After first dissasembly of my lynx I be happy to replace it with F22 ... if it be solid. Lynx is defenetly not solid lasting wheel.

Does the Lynx have that much play in it? I only have seen the complaints recently and more in and around racing. For normal or even advanced everyday type riding is this an issue with that wheel? Genuinely curious. I heard much of the same about the Patton from some youtubers and people who like to push the wheels to limits and things, but I find my Patton to be pretty solid. I have a decent amount of NYC miles on mine with no issues as of yet. After the first tear down to put on a new tire and putting it back together (with attention to doing it as correct as possible) I have yet to have any issues.  Curious if this is something to look out for if I decide to upgarde to a lynx or wheel in that category like the F22

18 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Does the Lynx have that much play in it? I only have seen the complaints recently and more in and around racing. For normal or even advanced everyday type riding is this an issue with that wheel? Genuinely curious. I heard much of the same about the Patton from some youtubers and people who like to push the wheels to limits and things, but I find my Patton to be pretty solid. I have a decent amount of NYC miles on mine with no issues as of yet. After the first tear down to put on a new tire and putting it back together (with attention to doing it as correct as possible) I have yet to have any issues.  Curious if this is something to look out for if I decide to upgarde to a lynx or wheel in that category like the F22

Not really, if you take it apart and don't use a torque wrench to torque things to spec when you reassemble then probably but not otherwise. Same with most modern wheels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Does the Lynx have that much play in it?

Perhaps the question should be Does it matter if it does? I have tested out my S18 and it has zero play but its a slow wheel. I have seen three vlogs by very experienced riders getting thrown into wobbles on Lynx's and crashing as a result. What I don't know is the reason why. Was it purely just the greater speeds we can reach now is catching riders out or does even a little bit of play transfer into something greater at faster speeds. I really don't know the answer but hope its just the extra speed and momentum. Time will tell as more riders go faster on different wheels. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

..., all wheels are different and just getting the pads setup right takes some time.,...

i agree totally.  i just got my lynx last week and im literally learning how to ride an euc again.  mind you, its a bigger, faster, suspended euc.  but its still quite a different euc from my previous ride which is an old tesla V2 non suspended euc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bpong said:

i agree totally.  i just got my lynx last week and im literally learning how to ride an euc again.  mind you, its a bigger, faster, suspended euc.  but its still quite a different euc from my previous ride which is an old tesla V2 non suspended euc.

I have ridden well over 10,000 km's on my Abrams, and it does the death wobble during braking above 50 km/h. If I squat all the way down, no wobbles and it becomes motorcycle stable. I can quash any wobbles on my Abrams at any time by squatting all the way down.

I have not gotten a wobble of any kind on my S22, no matter what I do, right from after unboxing.

I believe you have to relearn coming from a T2 to a Lynx not only because it is a new wheel, but also because it is a big jump.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I have ridden well over 10,000 km's on my Abrams, and it does the death wobble during braking above 50 km/h. If I squat all the way down, no wobbles and it becomes motorcycle stable. I can quash any wobbles on my Abrams at any time by squatting all the way down.

I have not gotten a wobble of any kind on my S22, no matter what I do, right from after unboxing.

I believe you have to relearn coming from a T2 to a Lynx not only because it is a new wheel, but also because it is a big jump.

Try moving your pads around on the Abrams, try slightly asymmetric stance, I bet you can get rid of all the wobbles without having to squat.

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Try moving your pads around on the Abrams, try slightly asymmetric stance, I bet you can get rid of all the wobbles without having to squat.

I am using stock pads with double sided tape. So that stays.

However, I don't even have to brake, if I am going down a hill. Above 50 km/h, if I am not accelerating, it will instantly start to wobble.

Actually, if I lean into the front pads and not decelerate, the wobbles can be controlled.

I have try various technique to try to tame the wobbles.

Asymmetric feet positioning hasn't work for me yet.

Carving can help, but I don't normally carve, so squatting down would be preferred. Also, squatting down is decisive. It does not matter how badly the wobbles have become, it will be quashed them almost immediately without drama.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

I am using stock pads with double sided tape. So that stays.

Well there you go, problem identified.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Does the Lynx have that much play in it? I only have seen the complaints recently and more in and around racing. 

Yes for me .... I tried friend lynx with 1800 km less and there is less play. Seems it get worse with mileage. I can feel it even after tightening shock/axle bold. Only thing what keep wheel aliened properly are seals in shock what wore out with usage. In my personal wheel loseness coming from shock itself. 

In my opinion some riders just dont ride hard enough to see it. Again we got caught in hype train ... I would not ride hard offroad with this wheel. 

Posted (edited)

It is nice that kingsong make some inovation and not copying this from leaperkim. My S18 have no play after 3 years of abuse.

Here is lynx on one shock only whlie tyre change - there is losesness in all direction (sorry for music mute it):

Edited by daniel1234

28 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

It is nice that kingsong make some inovation and not copying this from leaperkim. My S18 have no play after 3 years of abuse.

Here is lynx on one shock only whlie tyre change - there is losesness in all direction (sorry for music mute it):

Of course it's loose in this context since it's resting on one suspension leg, what's your point?

• Like 1