Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S

onkeldanuel

15 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

why climb a hill when you can climb a cliff face...

I think that is the same incline all the manufacturers test all their wheels, it's cool but not new.

51 minutes ago, Robse said:

i more or less look at it as pure entertainment, and it is not a test of wheel capabilities, rather the riders ball size 😁

If they let me do it on a wheel they didn't care if I drop or not I would definitely try that climb, looks super fun! But wouldn't risk dropping my personal wheel.

• Like 1

i love my little lynxes for getting around the ranch. actually the v13's do better. very close in ride and comfort. 

and i have a deposit with ewheels for a sherman l, and already have beidou's lowering brackets and hou is making my 40mm forward backplates.

but i think i'll switch my deposit to this wheel instead. 

i feel like i'm going backwards with the sherman l. just a more toady lynx with more battery which i don't need for my 7 mile round trips.

going max speed for me, the v13 and lynx both burn 10% of their battery. 

i'd prefer a more powerful lynx with the lynx size battery.

Although it still remains to be seen, I think I’m starting to lean towards the 2 leg design over this new 4 leg design when it comes to fork suspension.

With fork suspension you need either: 2 legs and 4 battery sub-packs (Veteran wheels), or 4 legs and 2 battery sub-packs (F22).

The 4 leg design requires those very large metal axle brackets, while the 2 leg design uses very small clamps.

Also in the 4 leg design, 2 of the legs are basically just there as sliders. There’s no need to fill all 4 tubes with suspension components, and they likely won’t on the F22. Even if you did utilize all 4, there’s likely little to no performance benefit, while adding more weight in addition to those large axle brackets.

It also basically requires the pedals to be attached to the battery cases. Veteran wheels (and others) also attach the pedals like this, but 2 leg suspension doesn’t actually require it. You can have a small pedal hanger coming off the upper half of the fork instead, which takes all the weight off the battery cases (picture below).

IMG_1312.png

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

Alien Rides is taking pre-orders for the F22.

It shouldn't be too much longer before people will be able to see one in person, and perhaps to test ride one.

The proof will be in the pudding. 

I feel Kingsong did a good job with the S16 Pro. Here is hoping that this is the beginning of a new trend.

I am looking forward to test riding a F22. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

here's my logic. handling is everything for me. i just rode the ranch on my 70lb lynx and it was so easy. i love the lynxes.

however the f22 has 5000 watts divided by 100 pounds, so 50 watts per pound. the lynx at 90 pounds roughly and 3200 watt motor, about 35.5 watts per. the l will be at 32 watts per pound. 

this motor on the f22 has me interested. i was gonna switch my deposit to this but ewheels might not carry them.

i think the sherman l is a beautiful wheel and if i rode on pavement and went anywhere, i'm sure it would be my favorite wheel. 

i'm fortunate to get 20 minutes away from Bob. and there's no way he could run along side. he tires quicker than me on walks.

like my friend @litewavesaid, wonder how long it will take them to bring it to market. fall would be fine.

btw, another huge reason for using wheels for ranch work. if i could donit in a pick up truck, if i still had one, i'd have to keep the windows rolled up with the ac on because the bug and mosquito population after the storm is crazy.

going fast on the wheels keep the mosquitos off, but i was pelted by swarms of gnats for hundreds of yards. 

probably need a bee suit. i quit wearing my helmets because i'd get bugs up in the helmet.

On 8/12/2024 at 11:36 PM, novazeus said:

here's my logic. handling is everything for me. i just rode the ranch on my 70lb lynx and it was so easy. i love the lynxes.

however the f22 has 5000 watts divided by 100 pounds, so 50 watts per pound. the lynx at 90 pounds roughly and 3200 watt motor, about 35.5 watts per. the l will be at 32 watts per pound. 

this motor on the f22 has me interested. i was gonna switch my deposit to this but ewheels might not carry them.

i think the sherman l is a beautiful wheel and if i rode on pavement and went anywhere, i'm sure it would be my favorite wheel. 

i'm fortunate to get 20 minutes away from Bob. and there's no way he could run along side. he tires quicker than me on walks.

like my friend @litewavesaid, wonder how long it will take them to bring it to market. fall would be fine.

btw, another huge reason for using wheels for ranch work. if i could donit in a pick up truck, if i still had one, i'd have to keep the windows rolled up with the ac on because the bug and mosquito population after the storm is crazy.

going fast on the wheels keep the mosquitos off, but i was pelted by swarms of gnats for hundreds of yards. 

probably need a bee suit. i quit wearing my helmets because i'd get bugs up in the helmet.

Motor wattage means nothing in regards to power to weight.

Motor wattage rating is not a stat that can be used to determine how much power the wheel delivers.

For example, the S22 motor is 4000W but due to the motherboard outputs less power than the Lynx in basically all situations.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PourUC said:

Motor wattage rating is not a stat that can be used to determine how much power the wheel delivers.

For example, the S22 motor is 4000W but due to the motherboard outputs less power than the Lynx in basically all situations.

The Kingsong S22 motor is 3400w.

The S22 PRO motor is 4000w.

1 hour ago, PourUC said:

that's pretty much wrong way's take. he's not excited about the upcoming f22 at all. gave it a 2 out of 10. 

best felt power to weight ratio for me is the lynx. it does have one inch longer pedals than the v13.

On 7/30/2024 at 9:10 PM, YCC said:

IMG_2220.jpeg.3a575d6467b8b7276468a026d7ea5cec.jpeg

IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.6f76a2c6b7d0b281aeab519f9152b60e.jpeg

That bracket is atrocious... super expensive to manufacture if it's billet, gotta believe they'll do a casting for volume production. And crazy heavy. And 8 rollers?! Ugh.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:47 AM, techyiam said:

Alien Rides is taking pre-orders for the F22.

It shouldn't be too much longer before people will be able to see one in person, and perhaps to test ride one.

The proof will be in the pudding. 

I feel Kingsong did a good job with the S16 Pro. Here is hoping that this is the beginning of a new trend.

I am looking forward to test riding a F22. 

I was expecting this wheel to be much more expensive (4 shocks instead of 2 etc...). The alienrides listed it same as a lynx

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

That bracket is atrocious... super expensive to manufacture if it's billet, gotta believe they'll do a casting for volume production. And crazy heavy. And 8 rollers?! Ugh.

yeah, idk about  the mechanical design, the motor piqued my interest.

just rode the ranch on my 2nd best v13 knobby, and other than this after hurricane heat, went fine. although i may have to waste some gas mowing and rolling again.

i have pretty specific needs and not any variables other than animals, holes, mounds, storm blowdown, etc.

i know i have 4 very capable wheels for getting around the ranch, and very easy not filming. the v13's act as training devices for the lynxes. next ride will probably be on the 70lb lynx to bleed off battery, and after two ranch rides on the v13's it will feel like nothing.

i've got parts coming for a third lynx so that will be my next purchase if a deal presents itself. i hate to even gamble on a untried wheel because it might not work out here. on pavement anything works.

plus, it might be a long time before the f22 touches down.

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

plus, it might be a long time before the f22 touches down.

Pre-orders are available at Alienrides.com.

50 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Four shocks! That's bold. Isn't it a bit of a weight hog with four?

18 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Over engineered rubbish imo. 

Once people get to ride the F22's, we will know the pro's and con's.

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Once people get to ride the F22's, we will know the pro's and con's.

Not so sure people just riding around on it will provide that, how will a test rider figure that out? How will they provide us with King Songs design philosophy?

Just riding around and determining if it feels good or not doesn't provide pros and cons for having 4 shocks instead of 2, maybe you will get subjective guessing and speculation at the best, maybe it would feel just as good with 2 shocks we don't know.

14 hours ago, kintips said:

I was expecting this wheel to be much more expensive (4 shocks instead of 2 etc...). The alienrides listed it same as a lynx

I guess aluminium is cheaper than magnesium. I am sure they cut tiers profit margin too to compesate. I be interested in end weight diference - if diference is small i be happy to trade Lynx for F22 next year.
We will see how bulky it is.

I kinda like when somebody over enginier something - maybe this could handle more offroad beating than Lynx. I be happy to see new kingsong high performace wheel, since I like their sw.

I hope they learned lesson from s20/s22. I am crossing fingers - we need some Lynx competitor so prices goes down :D There is too many lynxes out there ... 
I would love to see true succsesor of s18 -> F18. One shock on each side - minimum material / weight / price and  +-1200wh. For me is wierd that all comapanies are focusing on this 40kg+ form factor.

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

I guess aluminium is cheaper than magnesium. I am sure they cut tiers profit margin too to compesate. I be interested in end weight diference - if diference is small i be happy to trade Lynx for F22 next year.
We will see how bulky it is.

I kinda like when somebody over enginier something - maybe this could handle more offroad beating than Lynx. I be happy to see new kingsong high performace wheel, since I like their sw.

I hope they learned lesson from s20/s22. I am crossing fingers - we need some Lynx competitor so prices goes down :D There is too many lynxes out there ... 
I would love to see true succsesor of s18 -> F18. One shock on each side - minimum material / weight / price and  +-1200wh. For me is wierd that all comapanies are focusing on this 40kg+ form factor.

What exactly can the Lynx not handle?

• Haha 1

Looking fwd to hearing some actual riding impressions of this wheel.

Personally not interested in it as it's a bit much for my needs. but coming in at same price range as the Lynx and some others it will be great to see what it has to offer if anything.

Impressions don't always have to be super technical. If the wheel is fun to ride and offers similar or better performance in any areas its worth a look at the very least.

At first glance it looks a bit over engineered, but will wait for actual impressions before judging.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

What exactly can the Lynx not handle?

Good question. Considering we've seen Mike Leahy outperforming the S22 on the Lynx in WrongWay's jumping motocross jumping video, that statement comes out of nowhere.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Duster said:

Good question. Considering we've seen Mike Leahy outperforming the S22 on the Lynx in WrongWay's jumping motocross jumping video, that statement comes out of nowhere.

Not only that, it's a complete beast off-road so I really wonder what scenario made him think it's not capable and where a King Song wheel would faire better.

• Like 1